Off the Wall

Chapter 32

“Olive, I’ve fucked up big time,” Charlie said over the phone in a depressing tone. He put his hand up to his face and groaned in frustration. “Ugh, Olive. You have no clue.”

“Girl problems?”

Charlie nodded despite the fact that Olive could not see him. “I guess it would be better to say woman. Blah, it’s Christie.”

“Hold on Charlie. Don’t do anything in the meantime. I’ll be over there in the next few minutes!” Olive rapidly said in one breath. Then the phone line went dead.

Stunned, Charlie was speechless. He got up from the fetal position and leaned up against his messy and unmade bed. He was counting down the minutes until he best friend came.

Image

“And then she smashed my video camera!” Charlie explained. “I honestly don’t blame her, but it didn’t really help the situation.”

“Man, I bought you that video camera too. Remember? As your graduation present. Man Charlie, I swear. You were pretty fucking stupid to film yourself having sex with Viviane,” Olive said wisely. He thoughtfully put his hand under his chin to support himself. “Is Viviane Brazilian or something?”

“Uh yeah, she’s Brazilian,” Charlie said. He shot a confused look at Olive. “But what the hell does that have to do with anything?”

“She’s the complete opposite of Christie.”

“I still don’t get where you’re going with this.”

“Charlie, I think you still have feelings for Viviane. Whether they’re as strong as the ones for Christie, I don’t know. But you still have something for Viviane.”

“I don’t understand Olive!” Charlie said, clearly frustrated. “I didn’t fuck with Vivi because I was made at Christie. I was pissed off at you and then I saw Viviane and she just made me feel better.”

“Eew, you’re gay!”

“What?!”

“Just kidding Chuck,” Olive said, wiping tears from his hazel eyes.

“You haven’t called me Chuck in forever.”

“I know. But I just felt like that ease up the tension. Anyway, what I was trying to say is even though you were mad at me, the whole conflict and fight we had was truly about Christie. So in the back of your mind, it was really Christie’s fault.”

“Damn that’s deep,” Charlie said softly. “I’m glad to have you back as my best friend Olive.”

“No problems mate.”

“But I still don’t get what you said about Christie and Viviane being opposites. Are they really that different? I mean, like they both skateboard and they’re pretty kick ass chicks.”

Olive sighed. “Just hear me out, please and don’t interrupt. Okay, let’s talk about Viviane first. She was the first love of your life if I’m correct?” Charlie nodded his head yes. “Well okay. Viviane is exotic. She’s got tan skin, dark eyes and hair, and curves. While Christie on the other hand is pale, bright eyes, light hair, and she pretty much looks like a guy from the behind and I’m pretty sure that you and I have a bigger chest than her.”

Charlie tried to stifle back a laugh. “That was mean Olive.”

“It’s the truth, dawg.”

“But you are right,” Charlie admitted, obviously defeated. He buried his face in his hands. “Fuck,” he muttered between his fingers. “This is hard.”

“I know it is,” Olive said while giving Charlie a sympathetic pat on the back. “But there’s still something you need to decide.”

“What is it?”

“Is it going to be Viviane or Christie?”
♠ ♠ ♠
Who knew Olive was so smart and stuff?! xD

But yeah, here's the low down: I was going to have Charlie call Viviane at first, but then I decided against it because Olive and Charlie just mended their broken friendship, and you know the saying; bros before hoes!

But here's another thing: There's a ton of past history with Vivi and Charlie. I'm seriously deciding if I should write a prequel of this story explaining those two. And to be honest, I honestly love Viviane. ::shifty:

But yeah.. What do you think?

Comments and everything are loved. <3 And if I get 200 more readers, I'll have 1000! That's crazy. haha

Yeah, this is a long author's note, but I have a lot of ideas for this story. :)