Off the Wall

Chapter 34

“I don’t like that dude staring at you,” Olive said with a frown.

Ever since Charlie and Olive had arrived at the skate park five minutes after six, there had been an unfamiliar man walking around the park, eyeing up several of the local skaters. Every now and then he would go up to one of the skaters and ask them a few questions. Charlie and Olive had been waiting for the man to come up and question them anytime now, but he still hadn’t manage to get a hold of them.

Wiping his hair away from his sweaty forehead, Charlie mounted his skateboard and stood up on it. He balanced himself on the thin board before standing still on it. “I don’t know Olive. Maybe he’s doing a local city opinion or something. You know everybody down here in ol’ Slackville thinks that the skateboarders are stupid or some shit like that. They think we’ve fell off our board one time too many.” He shrugged. “Or maybe he’s a rapist.”

Olive rolled his brown eyes. “I seriously doubt he would make it that obvious.”

“You never know with those type of people.”

Olive stretched out his foot and gave Charlie’s board a slight touch causing the board to roll, thus making Charlie lose his balance and fall face down on the concrete. “Bitch,” Charlie said muttered in the hard ground. “I think you broke my nose, you fucker.”

Olive howled with laughter. He doubled over, tightly clutching his stomach. The ends of his long black hair touched the ground and that’s when Charlie saw a glorious opportunity.

Charlie stretched his hands out, grabbed a fistful of Olive’s tangled hair, and gave a strong tug. Olive landed on the ground with a loud thud.

“Ouch!”

Charlie laughed. “Hurts, doesn’t it?” He slowly rolled over on his back and looked at Olive, who had luckily landed on his back.

“You’re such a bitch Chuck, I swear,” Olive said jubilantly, followed by another round of loud laughter.

Charlie smiled. “Olive, we better get up soon,” he said as he noticed the strange looks and glares from bystanders. “People are going to think we’re butt buddies or something.”

Olive nodded his head before quickly getting to his feet. He stretched out his hand and Charlie graciously accepted it as he got to his feet as well. Both guys dusted themselves off.

Charlie swiftly touched his nose and was relieved to feel or see any blood. “Well tonight has fun, don’t you think?”

“Damn straight.”

Charlie grabbed his skateboard and motioned toward the parking lot. “Do you want to go back home?”

Olive nodded his head and the two boys made their way to the parking lot.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry I haven't updated in awhile! D: