Off the Wall

Chapter 36

Charlie’s jaw dropped. His knees began shaking and no audible words were coming out of his mouth. He shook his head and gave a lopsided grin. “You’ve got to be kidding me.”

Ronnie simply laughed and looped his fingers thought his belt loops. “I’m also interested in your friend over here.” He pointed at Olive and smiled. “I see tons of potential in both of you. I would love to manage you. I’ve sponsored other skaters and they’ve all had successful careers.”

Charlie looked at Olive and motioned him to come closer to him. “How do we know that you’re not making all of this up?” Charlie asked with an edge to his voice. Inside his heart was beating fast, but he knew that he couldn’t make any haste or irrational decisions. Being a skateboarder had been his dream ever since he picked up his first board and he didn’t want to mess anything up. He knew that Olive felt the same way as him.

Ronnie simply dug in his pocket and pulled out two business cards and handed them to each boy. “Look, I would love to stay here and chat with you two boys, but it’s getting pretty late. I do have a family to take care of. If either of you two have any questions or are further interesting, which I can tell you are,” he added with a jolly laugh, “feel free to call the number on there. I’m always open and available.” He turned around and walked off before any last words could be exchanged.

“Well,” Olive said awkwardly, breaking the silence. “That was… odd.”

“Yeah, to say the least.” Charlie looked down at the small rectangular card and smiled. “But Olive! This is real and it’s happening. I’ve head of this guy. He’s big. He’s real big.”

“I know! I can’t believe this is real life.”

“I feel like listening to Bohemian Rhapsody now,” Charlie said with a good hearty laugh. “Damn Olive, we’re going somewhere. And people don’t think skateboarders amount to anything in life.”

“Amen brother!”

“You know what? I need to call someone and tell them this?”

“Who? Your mom?”

Charlie stuck his tongue out. “Smartass and no, that’s not the answer.”

“Well who?”

“Christie.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Wow, oh wow. I'm really disappointed in myself for not writing more for this story. This story use to by my baby and I just feel so bad that it's never updated anymore. But I am going to try and write more for it since I'm already out of school and on summer vacation. I'm also still wanting to write the prequel like I said in earlier chapters. :)

But yeah, Charlie, Olive, and even Christie are here to stay. ;D