Off the Wall

Chapter 4

“Damn girl,” Charlie said, wiping sweat from his forehead. “How much shit do you have?”

Christie laughed. “That was actually the last box. I am moving in here so I brought all the stuff back with me. This is going to be my new home.”

Catching his breath, Charlie plopped down on the wooden floor next to Christie. Sitting with their legs crossed, their knees touched. Blushing like a schoolboy, Charlie quickly moved his legs and stretched them out. “So, what brought you to ol’ Slackville?”

Christie bit her lip and looked around. Noticing the sudden change, Charlie quickly said, “It’s okay if you don’t want to answer, like if it’s something personal or private I shouldn’t know about.”

Shaking her head, she shrugged her shoulders. “As Charlie, it’s not anything like that. It’s just, well, I’ll tell you another day.”

“Promise?” He asked with a smile while simultaneously holding his pinky finger up.

Giggling, Christie shook her head. “Geez, Charlie. You still act like a kid, I swear.” Despite her words, she still brought up her pinky and they promised on them.

Image

“I swear, Olive. She was totally flirting with me in the elevator. You could practically feel the sexual tension,” Charlie said. He was talking to Olive on his cell phone. After he had left Christie’s apartment, he ran back to his and immediately whipped out his phone and dialed the first speed dial number on his phone, which happened to be Olive. What could you say? Guys gossip too.

“Dude, I think you’ve fell off your board too many time. I’ve told you over and over to start wearing a helmet instead of those shitty little flimsy hats.”

“I know what happened and that’s the truth!” Charlie exclaimed loudly. “Oh, and did I mention that we sat together on the floor?”

“Yes,” Olive replied back exasperated. “And how she wasn’t wearing anything underneath that skirt.”

Turning red, Charlie coughed. “Well yeah.” Noticing the clock on the wall said that it was nearly midnight, Charlie quickly said goodnight to Olive and hung the phone up. Placing his cell phone on the nightstand next to him, he pulled his shirt off and took his pants off. Laying clad in blue boxers, he climbed underneath the thick covers of his blankets.

He dreamed of Christie that night.