Off the Wall

Chapter 6

Standing there dumbfounded with his mouth gaping, Charlie was not comprehending what Christie just said.

“You okay with that?” She said. Not really waiting for an answer, she grabbed her car keys with one hand and held Charlie’s in the other.

As if her touch was an electric shock, Charlie snapped out of his trance and the last few seconds dawned on his; he was actually with Christie. “Yeah, that’s cool.”

She smiled. “Well even if you didn’t say yes, I would have dragged you along anyway.”

Image

Sitting in the passenger seat of Christie’s latest model of the Jaguar XJ, Charlie was in awe. They were speeding down the highway and to the local mall. Christie was driving and humming softly to herself. Charlie could just barely make on the faint tune of it; she was humming ‘Iron Man’ by Black Sabbath. Silently agreeing with her choice of music, Charlie continued to stare at the car in deep fascination.

“Damn girl. How did you ever manage to afford this car?”

“Gift.”

“From who? I need to go and be their best friend."

Christie’s grip on the steering wheel tightened. “My ex-husband.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, so I'm really sorry that his chapter is so short, but believe me, the next chapter will explain Christie and her past a lot more. :)

Subscribe/Comment/Whatever! :)