One Shots

~ Hilary vs. Hailey ~

Hilary was a little girl who had red curly hair put into pig tails with pink bow ties. But Hilary had a problem. She was too proud of her voice.
My, youre pretty good at singing, Hilary, her friends would say to her.
I know, Hilary would reply back. Im going to be the worlds greatest
singer.
One day Hilarys were reading a poster in the school hallway which they were excited about it.
Whats that all about? Hilary asked.
Oh, Izabella replied, theres going to be a singing contest tomorrow night. I think youll just have to come.
Sure, Ill probably win the contest because Im the best singer around, but Ill just enter anyways, Hilary quipped.
During class the music teacher, Mrs. Poerba, asked Ryan to hand out orange cards with the contest rules. When he offered Hilary one, she said. I dont need one of those stupid cards! Everyone knows Im the best singer ever, and Im going to win the contest even without trying.
Why dont you take the orange card, Hilary? Some arent about singing, you know.
"Who needs rules?" snapped Hilary. "Rules are for a$$holes that dont know how to sing."
I hope you have a short song to sing, snapped Hilary. This dumb contest is taking to long, like really how long does it take to sing one stupid song.
Hilary was the last one in line, and was so impatient to go out and show off her singing.
Will that Hailey Willams, girl ever finish? she complained. Just listen to her sing, and how did she ever get in with a stupid voice?
Hailey has a sweet voice, Izabella argued.
Well, of course you dont think so, yelled Hilary. After all, you never had a singing lesson in your life.
After 30 minutes later, Hilary was called onto the stage to sing. Im wonderful! she thought to herself as her was singing.
You were wonderful, said Izabella.
Its so true, boasted Hilary. Well, we always save the best for last.
I think you should say sorry for what you said Haileys voice.
Fine, Im sorry that your voice is stupid, Hailey, laughed Hilary as she walked away.
Tears went down Haileys cheeks.
Suddenly Mrs. Poerba (music teacher) walked onto the center of the stage. Everyone excepted Hilary to win. Girls and boys, we have a winner. Hailey Willams, will you come up now?said the teacher.
The audience was surprised that they clapped and cheered loudly.
Hilary gasped and looked at Hailey with a surprise.
As a singer, the teacher continued, you must have more than just a nice voice; you always have to have a friendly smile and poise. Hailey has all of these qualifications. CONGRATYLATIONS HAILEY!!!. Youre the winner of this years singing contest!
The audience clapped again proudly. Hailey smiled and went off the stage.
Wheres Hilary? Hailey asked her friends when she went back to her group.
I think she went to the losers corner, laughed Izabella.
Lets go find her, she must be so sad, said Hailey.
Hilary, Im so sorry, I know that you were counting to win, said Hailey.
Im sorry too. cried Hilary. But not cause I lost, but cause I was so mean to you. From now on Im going to have a sweet personality like you. Thats more important than a nice voice.
And everyone smiled as Hailey put her arms around her new friend, Hilary.