One Shots

~ll Mail For Britney ll~

Britney, was shy, and started in ninth grade in high school in the centre of a big city. It never occurred to her that she would be lonely. But soon she found herself dreaming of her old grade eight class. It was small and friendly, which to her this school was much too cold and unfriendly.

No one at her new school seemed to care if Rachel felt welcomed or not. She was a very nice and a caring person, but her shyness interfered with making friends.

She walks down the hallways every day almost invisible, which no one spoke to her, so her voice was never heard. It also reached to the point where she believed that her thoughts weren't good enough to say. So she continued to stay, quiet almost mute!

Like every parents, they worry about their children. Rachel's parents were really worried about her, for they feared she'd never make friends, and since her dad was an alcoholic and a smoker, which Britney probably needed to talk to a friend very badly. Her parents tried every thing they could to help her to fit in. They bought her the CD's, the clothes that were in style, but nothing worked!

Unfortunately, Britney's parents didnt know that Britney was thinking of ending her life. She often ended herself, believing that one day someone would love her enough to be her friend or even boy friend.

Her old friend JoJo used her to do her homework by pretending to need help. And another thing, JoJo was leaving Britney out of the group. Which it was pushing Britney closer to the edge.

Everything worsens over the summer. Britney let herself believe that this is all that lie was all about. And from her point of view, it wasn't worth living. :(

She joined a volleyball team at a local gym, hoping that she could make friends. She met teens that welcomed her, but when she left they talked about her behind her back.

* * * *

By Good Friday (one day before Easter) Britney was so upset and depressed that she was taking sleeping pills to get to sleep.

Finally, she decided to jump off the bride on Easter Sunday, while her parents would at some kind of party. As she left her house for the last walk to the bridge, but she decided to leave her parent a note in the mailbox. When she opened the mailbox, she found letters already there!

Britney pulled out the letter out to see who they were from. There were a couple from the neighbours... one from her grandma and grandpa... than... she saw one addressed to her! She tore it open fast. It was a card from one of the guys on her volleyball team.
The card said:

Dear Britney,

I want to say sorry for not talking to you.
My parents are divorced right now, so I hadn't had a chance to talk to anyone cause of all my problems.
I think we could maybe become friends and maybe help each other.
So ya, see you at the next volleyball practice! :)

Your friend,
Mickey Way.

She stared at the card for a long while, reading over and over again, about for 20 times.
"Become friends?" she smiled, realizing that someone cared about her, he wants a plain Britney as a friend, She felt so surprised and special.

She turned around and went back home. As soon as she wet inside she went to the phone, and called Mickey to start a new friendship. She guessed that he was a Easter miracle , because friendship is the best gift that anyone can have!