Status: ha ha yeah

That Boy Is a Monster

-3 degrees

sebastian west
-3 degrees celcius

He didn’t know, and he didn’t want to. “How did it get from curves, lipstick marks and a high school sweetheart to just-got-my-braces-off beanstalk that happens to be the little sister of your best mate?”

All he knows is that sweet little I-can’t-hate-anything-because-I-love-everything Edie is glaring at him, Teak Richardson is laughing because he finds everybody’s hurt and torment funny, his best mate since primary school won’t even look at him anymore, and perhaps he should’ve realised where it was going a lot sooner.

Sloane comes through the door with a plate of burnt chocolate chip cookies she made for fun and they share them over a glass of nearly off milk but they don’t care because they’re both wallowing in the fact that everything is completely f-u-c-k-e-d u-p.

If there was ever one thing Sebastian West would thank Teak Richardson for, it was for dragging Sloane Winters along to every meet up they had. She had a way of jumping into things that weren’t her business at all yet somehow making it all better.

But she can’t now, and they both know it.

“Did you really do it?” is what she says as she picks up chip wrappers, pants, socks and beer bottles off the floor. She looks around, surveying the drab apartment room. It no longer smells of the thick lavender perfume Lex Clarendon wears, she’s left and taken all her clothes, her smiles, her whole collection of Hollywood films, and maybe a piece of his heart but he’s not really sure because everyone’s telling him he has none.

He can hear the lingering question underneath.

(Were you that stupid enough to cheat on the greatest girl in the world for some minor who happened to be a blood relative of your best mate?)

“Yes,” he says and after a while he adds, “no.”

Sloane purses her lips. “It can’t be both ways, Seb.”

Oh, but it can, he wants to tell her. Grab her by the shoulders and shake the words into her. You can’t be right all the time, Sloane, and that’s the only answer.

“Yes, it can if it’s true,” he presses indignantly. He’s sick and tired of everyone telling him what happened when he knows already.

Yes, because he’s twenty two and she’s fifteen and it wasn’t that big an age difference but he really should’ve known better. No, because he rather much prefers living thankyouverymuch.

Yes, because when he’s all alone on the holidays in his mum’s house on the other side of the country he’s got a hand on himself and all he can see, hear and breathe is Meggie Meggie Meggie. No, because he’s never been nearly that near enough to her to ever see, hear and breathe her (though he’d gotten so so so close).

Yes, because he imagines pulling up her school skirt all the time he picks her up from that shit hole called high school. No, because he’s never done it.

Yes, because he’s a stupid, callous, heartless monster. No, because he had self-control—however small the amount.

Yes, because it should be Lex-Lex-Lex every second of every minute of every hour of every day. And no, because it shouldn’t have ever been Meggie-Meggie-Meggie for even the tiniest fraction of a second.
♠ ♠ ♠
*cody simpson moment* every second every minute every hour of the day iyiyiyi every time that I'm away iyiyiyi every moment that is stolen it can never be replaced iyiyiyi even if it's for a day iyiyiyi I'm a text you up to say iyiyiyi I'm missing you I'm missing you *cody simpson moment over*

Hello, thank you to darling Emily and Lula for being the biggest supporters ever. I'm nervous about this.