Spider Legs

SPIDER LEGS: Part One, Chapter Four

My lips fluttered gently over the length of his throat. Each kiss tentative as I waited for him to pull away from me. He did not. His breathing became heavier with each kiss. With a surge of frenzy, I bit into his skin. Hard.

He gave out a startled cry, and that knocked me back to my senses. My eyes widened at what I was doing, and I backed away.

With blood rushing to my head (uh, both of them), and the darkness engulfing us, I couldn’t properly see Warren in front of me. I can only imagine the horror he must feel right now. A cold feeling was gathering around my feet and hands. My heart was beating nervously now. Quickly, I stammered at apology. Shit! Did I just neck my straight best friend?

A shadow was hovering over me. It took me a while to realize it was Warren.

“W-Warren…” I muttered. He was too close; my vision was clouding again. He was pressing himself against me, his weight trapping me. He bent down.

His lips pressing against my ear, he murmured, “I can never hate you, Liam. Please believe that.”

Tears were welling out of my eyes again as I heard him say those words. My arms slowly wrapped around him and I allowed him to rest his weight over me.

“I do…” I whispered back.

He raised his head slightly, so we were now nose to nose. His warmth had now engulfed me, and I couldn’t hug him any tighter than I already was. It seemed like a century that his face hovered over mine. We stayed in that position, breathing each other’s air. The scent of alcohol from his breath barely registered in my head.

Our eyes met and there was a flash of understanding between us. This was not about lust (although yes, my sex is throbbing so hard you could hear the bass beat). This was not about drunkenness. It was about us expressing to each other feelings that words will not do justice to. This was him convincing me that all this time I had never left the small space in his heart where he’d always kept me. That through all the years he had always thought of us as the best of friends. This was me accepting his expressed and unexpressed apologies; forgetting every hateful thought I’ve ever had of him ever since that day he hit me. This was us reforming our bonds. This we understood, and there was no longer a need for words.

I felt him come closer. And closer.

Our lips touched. For a moment they just twitched at each other, excited by the contact. Tentatively, I stuck out my tongue, and traced Warren’s lips with it. This encouraged him to press his mouth harder against mine. And we kissed with a burning passion then. He held himself back a little as he kissed me, however, like he was kissing a girl. I found some sort of pleasure from this. I tugged at his lower lip every time he pulled away, and brought him back to my mouth. Sometimes, he would venture down my neck, and I couldn’t help crying out. For my part, my hands explored his clothed back. I couldn’t bring myself to sneaking under his shirt and feeling his hot skin underneath. In the back of my mind, I still knew that he was still straight. And as much as possible, I didn’t want him to have too many regrets when he got sober.

It took some time before we calmed down and we just lay there staring at each other. My eyes fell on my watch and saw it was already ten minutes to four.

Something vibrated between our groins, making the both of us jump. I immediately dug into my pants and fished out my phone.

Warren laughed first then I did. He rolled to the side, allowing me to move out.

Carlo’s anger was palpable through the phone. I waited a bit until he stopped yelling about how worried he was and what he thought I was doing. In the background, I could hear Kathy saying something about Sharon Stone. The waiting also allowed me time to lose my erection. I shifted myself in my pants.

“I’m at Warren’s suite. Yeah, suite. Hotel Felicity. I know right? We just did some catching up…lost track of time. I’m really sorry, babe. I’m coming home right now.”

There was a pause. Then Carlo said something that made me smile.