Status: twoshot.

You're the Unreachable Star.

1/2

He looked around his room, which was still mildly unfamiliar. It'd been merely weeks since Pelissier resigned. He had no choice, considering he had no arms left after the spider attack. It was no ordinary spider, but a Black Widow the size of the whole ship. Frank felt a pang of guilt for taking his position, but that soon subsided once he took in the sight of the privileges he now endured.

A cabin to himself, the size of the whole of his previous dorm, laced with all manner of gadgets such as a bed that doubled as a table which doubled into a manner of various things, not all of which Frank had tested out yet or was quite sure of.

He got up from his desk, steadying his vision and fixating his gaze onto the view out of his window. Being in new territory, Frank had never seen the Campion region during autumn. The stars were a brilliant shade of deep auburn, their flames burning deeper than he had ever seen. With only one major Hesperus, Campion was a bit of a holiday region for spacecraft from earth, Frank thought of it as a good idea to pass through on their way to Gentiana; famous for it's Black Palatial. This did not scare the boy in the way it should, instead, it intrigued him to travel so that he could do tests on the region, and understand more that others had not dared to so much think of.

His train of thought was interrupted by three rapt knocks on the door.

"Come in." His voice coming out immature, which caught Frank by surprise.

A man entered, carrying a tray upon which was a large plate of food.

"Sergeant asked for your participation in the gathering at ten hundred hours, Lieutenant." The man, older than Frank, placed the laden tray onto his nightstand.

"Very well Bryar. Tell him I'll be only too happy to." The man chuckled, earning a confused look from Frank.

"It is ten hundred hours, Lieutenant."

"Oh." Frank wrung his hands together as his stomach made an inhuman noise, indicating that the tray of food would be needed.

"Can I-" He indicated to the tray.

"Of course." Bryar smiled, holding out the door, as the smaller man grabbed an apple and followed lead.

Once upon the deck, the men manoeuvred to the control room, which lead up to a place where Frank could never remember the proper name of, he just knew it by the 'octagonal room'.

Blushing, Bryar signalled for Frank to open the door. Inside, he was instantly greeted with two pairs of eyes, both fixated on him.

"Ahh, Lieutenant Iero." The Sergeant was first to speak. Frank tried to hide his inexperienced-ness, by nodding in acknowledgement at the comment, and sitting in the nearest chair to him. Looking back at the metal door, it was shut.

Waiting for his eyes to get used to the florescent lighting in the room, Frank took the opportunity to look at the company.

The un-familiar man was sat in a peaceful manner, his black hair slicked back in much the same way as his own, with tight black trousers and a white blouse that supported the Aliform logo; two pale blue wings on the breast pocket, with the A in the middle. He was instantly mesmerised by the mans features.

"I'd like you to meet your new colleague, Gerard Way." The boy smiled greatly, producing dimples in his cherub-like face.

"It's lovely to meet you." He extended his arm and gave a firm handshake with Frank, leaving the latter to come up with some sort of reply, instead of gawking at him foolishly.

"It's lovely to meet you too."

Yeah Frank, real smooth.

"Mr. Way will be your sort of apprentice, if you will." The Sergeant looked chuffed with himself.

"Oh." Frank let out a pleasant gasp. His Halloween was already getting better.

"Is that okay? The only real problem we have is lodging."

"Let that be no problem any more. I'll make room in my cabin. It's far too big for me. Rest assured Sergeant, that can be abruptly arranged."

“I don’t want to be a burden…” Gerard looked sheepishly at Frank, biting his lip as his eyes graced over the man’s uniform, not very different from his own, apart from Frank’s shirt came complete with several badges, all displaying his position in the fleet. Frank laughed, and shook his head in a comforting manner,

“You wont be a burden!”

“That’s settled then! Lieutenant, thank you for your time. Way, Lieutenant Iero will show you to your new lodging.” The Sergeant got up from his seat, pushing it under the circular table silently. Gerard looked behind him before doing the same, and Frank was the only one still seated. He didn’t particularly want to get up, the seats being heated and extremely comfy, but he had to all the same.

“This Way.” Frank laughed, realising the joke he had just pulled, that wasn’t really funny. The Sergeant shook his head, and left the room, leaving Frank to hold it open for Gerard, who laughed at his joke, although Frank couldn’t really tell whether he was just being polite, or he actually was amused. He probably got that joke all the time back on earth, the people were slick like that, although Frank’s own memory of the planet was vague, having been on the ship for just over a decade. Yes, a decade.

The pair was silent on the journey to Frank’s cabin, which made him quite anxious. However, when he pushed the door open for Gerard, the latter let out a small squeal in excitement. Clearly Iero wasn’t the only man who marvelled at the delight the room held. They both stepped inside, while Gerard marvelled at the room, Frank set about his shaking hands to some use, and started to wave them around to somehow aid the thoughts of where Gerard’s things would go.

“You seriously had all this to yourself?” He was still in awe.

“Not for long, I’ve only been in this position for a few weeks. I’m still getting used to it." There were papers on the desk, and Gerard sheepishly flicked through the yellowing documents, all titled with the responsibilities that came with Iero's title. There was one that particularly caught his eye.

The paper was adorned with pictures of skeletons, pumpkins, all manner of ghastly things.

Frank traced his finger over the drawings, which seemed embossed from the page.

"What've you got there?" Frank leaned over his shoulder. "Oh. Ignore them, they're just stupid drawings." His words spoke, but his face said otherwise, that he was quite proud of them.

"I think they're really good." Gerard smiled at the man behind him, locking their eyes together.

Frank soon pulled away from his apprentice's gaze, and stared out of the large bay window.

"We should be arriving in Gentiana soon." He said, more to himself than anything.

"I've heard that the Black Palatial isn't the best place to go, Lieutenant. The damage sustained in getting past the vacuum could cause havoc with a ship as old as she is." Despite his young looks, Gerard clearly wasn't the newcomer that Frank was expecting.

"It's worth a try. The Adonis Blue is always on hand if things get too severe." Frank was referring to the smaller, sister ship that Aliform kept hidden below deck.

"If you say so." Gerard didn't seem convinced, but took the wise option of not questioning him further.

An awkward silence fell on the room, as Frank sat on his bed, and Gerard cautiously took his chair.

"You from Earth?" Frank popped a question absentmindedly, surprised at the confidence in his words.

"Yeah. I got moved up here because my brother wanted a 'change of scenery' for me."

"Wait... Your brother?"

"Yeah, the Sergeant? He's my brother..."

"Oh." Frank breathed. "Oh! I never actually learnt the Sergeant's name." After a decade, Frank had never summoned up the courage to ask.

“It’s Mikey.” Gerard spelled it out in the air with his finger.

The conversation took an abrupt turn.

"You had a girlfriend on earth?"

"Not really. I don't, I mean-" Gerard stumbled over his words like they were Olympic hurdles. “It wasn't a girl. And we broke up ages ago, but-"

"Oh, no it's okay. I'm sorry to hear that." Frank tried to offer sympathy.

"Don't be. He was horrible anyway." Gerard shrugged, facing Frank.

The conversation ended as abruptly as it began.

“Isn’t today Halloween?” Gerard began, quickly hating the silence.

“Yeah. It’s also my birthday.” Frank sighed.

“Why the long face?” Gerard went over to where Frank sat, and knelt before him, holding his chin in-between calloused fingers. Then, out of the corner of his eye, Frank spotted something.

“Gerard-“

“What?”

“Is that huge-ass spider outside the window with you?”
♠ ♠ ♠
This literally took FOREVER to write D:

It was originally going to be a oneshot, but I tried, and no-one wants to read 3,00+ words in a oneshot do they?
AND my first time writing a sci-fi inspired story, so, yeah (:

oh, and I'm sorry for the long description being so long. sorry.

concrit would be lovely. I'll get the second chapter up today hopefully, I'm just proof reading it as we speak.