Status: I'll update as often as I can :D

Cause Baby, You're My Better Half

Roni's Pain

I was on Isis’s back and we were running down the stairs, Jon running at the rear so no one could snatch me away from his brother. Though I didn’t think anyone would notice us anyway. Everyone was running around, getting ready for the werewolves and the vampire coming.

When we got down stairs, the doors were wide open and vampires were running out the door. Jon stepped in front of his brother and yelled for silence. Everyone stopped moving and looked his way. The vampire who had run outside came back in.

“Hear me brothers and sisters,” Jon started off, but he didn’t need to tell them to listen, they were. “These wolves and vampires have come here today to claim something that Mathew stole from them.” He pointed to me and I shrank away from the heads that turned my way. At least twenty-five vampires were staring at me.

Jon went on. “Mathew stole one of the wolf’s mates and has brought their wrath down upon all of us. Do you think that is fare? We’ve been with him for years, helping him and this is how he thanks us?”

“Your right! What do we do?” Several voices said over each other, but I noticed some of the vampires were scowling.

“You’re wrong! Mathew would never do that to us,” a vampire female vampire with fire red hair and a fierce face that scared the crap outta me. She went on. “Mathew is kinder than that and he loved us all. You are just jealous of him and want to take his place.”

“No Ollie, you are mistaken.” Jon shook his head. “If Mathew really loved us then why did he send Lean to her death just to distract the wolves so he could collect a few items from this human’s house?”

I stopped breathing. That’s why Mathew had sent Lean to me, he wanted in my room. I mentally slapped myself for not putting the clues together. When I’d come home from the hospital, a couple of my favorite shirts, a picture of me and my mother and one of my throw pillows were missing. I cursed myself for my stupidity.

“Your right, we need to defeat Mathew,” a male vampire announced stepping out from the crowd. He had black hair with blue tints. He stepped on the bottom step and looked at every vampire. “I’m going to get rid of Mathew, who’s with me?”

A little more than half of the room stepped forward, but the other few scowled and disappeared quickly. To warn Mathew, I guessed though I couldn’t know for sure.

“Follow them and kill them if you have to, we have to get rid of Mathew. But when the wolves come and the strange vampires, do not hurt them and put your hands up so they know you will not fight them,” Isis said descending the stairs.

“Isis will take the girl to them and some of them will stay with her and some will help us. Now go,” Jon shouted and the room was suddenly empty. Jon gestured for Isis to follow him and they were both running through the forest. My hair went flying in all directions and I clamped my hands closer around Isis’s neck.

We hadn’t run far when Isis and Jon stopped running and just stared ahead, expecting something. I looked to where they were staring and saw seven vampires, one I knew as Dr. Cullen. I smiled at him and waved. His butterscotch eyes passed over my face and his face loosened.

“Isis, Jon, thank you for this,” Carlisle thanked taking a step forward. Jon held up a hand to stop Carlisle. He stopped, slightly confused.

“We need your help Carlisle, yours, your families and the wolves,” Jon stated while Isis lowered me from his back. I saw moment from behind the Cullen’s and a huge smile engulfed my face when I saw a white wolf with splotches. It was my Embry.

“What for?” asked Carlisle glancing behind him. A black wolf stepped forward and stood next to Carlisle. I saw his nose wrinkle from the smell.

“We need to destroy Mathew and all who fallow him, but I fear that our number will not be enough. Several of the vampires are on our side, but Mathew still has quite a few for him and those ones have great powers. We need you and the wolves to help us.”

Carlisle looked at his family and they all nodded. Then he looked down at the wolf. “What do you say Sam, will the wolves help?” He was giving Sam the choice. I saw Embry’s ears perk up and he grinned wolfishly. I giggled.

“Sam says that the wolves will fight because Mathew took Roni and they want to make sure that doesn’t happen again,” a vampire with funny red hair said. He must be Edward, the mind reading one. He looked at me and nodded. He looked back at Sam. “But he says that one of his pack will take Roni back home.”

“That is fare,” Isis nodded pushing me forward. I ran to Embry and threw my arms around his neck and buried my face in his fur.

“My God Embry, I missed you so much,” I mumbled lifting my head up and kissing his nose. He licked my face and I whacked him. “That’s so gross,” I laughed rubbing his muzzle.

“Roni,” Edward called, “Sam said that you will go to Emily’s with Tory. Your mother is waiting there,” he said and a brown wolf came out of the tree’s and stood at my side.

“Not that that is all taken care of, we must go before all of my family is dead and gone.” Isis and Jon turned and took off toured the house, the Cullen’s following. The wolves came out of the forest and my eyes widened. There were more than I remembered.

I let go of Embry and kissed him once more, told him I loved him and climbed onto Tory’s back. The wolves started running then and Tory and I watched until they went over the hill and out of our few. Tory turned and started running through the forest. I held tight to her fur, hoping I wasn’t hurting her in any way.

I laid my head against Tory’s neck and let my eyelids close, slowly drifting to sleep. I dreamt about me and Embry walking along the beach, hand in hand, me smiling like an idiot and him just, being Embry. We stopped and he took me in his arms, leaning his face close to mine. Our lips were just about to touch, when I was jerked out of my sleeping state.

When I opened my eyes, I was staring into a pair of crimson ones and I could hear a low whimper and I knew it was Tory. I cringed into the ground. Mathew smirked and pulled me from the ground by my shoulders.

“Did you really think I was going to let you get away that easily love?” he asked all up in my face now. If the situation hadn’t been so life dependant, I might have cracked a joke or said something sarcastic. But I didn’t, my mouth stayed shut. “Well, you’re not going to get away from me, not again.”

“Please, just let me go and I promise they won’t hurt you,” I whimpered pathetically. Mathew laughed, shaking his head.

“No, I’ve got a better idea.” Before you could say turkey, a searing pain was shooting through my body and the source was from my neck. He’d bitten me, Mathew had bitten me. I screamed bloody murder.

There was a loud growl and in a second, Mathew released me and I crumpled to the ground, pain scorching every inch of my body. I felt like I was on fire, like someone had coated my entire body in gasoline and threw a match on me.

Suddenly something cold was touching me, rubbing my forehead and, what I supposed were meant to be soothing words, touched my ears. I moaned out in pain.

“Carlisle hurry, she’s been bitten,” a high soprano voice called and the sound hurt my ears. I tried to bring my hands up to cover my ears, but they wouldn’t move, I was in too much pain. “It’s okay Roni; we’re going to help you.”

“I’m burning,” I croaked and I just managed to open my eyes. Carlisle came into my line of view, his kind and beautiful face distrust with worry. “Carlisle, please,” I begged trying to sit up.

“No Roni, stay down,” he commanded pushing me gently back onto the ground. Carlisle looked at the other vampire with worried eyes. “What do you see Alice?”

“I-I see her as one of us,” Alice whispered. I heard a gasp and I managed to turn my head slightly. Through the pain and the fire, I found comfort. Embry was there, he was here while I burned to death because I knew that’s what must be happening. Sometimes when vampires bit you, you must burn to death. That must be it. I heard a loud scream.

“Roni no! Please doc, please tell me there is something you can do to save her,” Embry shouted dropping onto his knees beside me. He took my hand and squeezed. His brown eyes bore into mine as he whispered once more, “Please.”

“Embry I will try, but the only way to save her would be to extract the venom from her, which means one of us would have to bite her.” I shook when Carlisle said that. I didn’t want to be bit again. I screeched as a sudden burst of heat went through me. Carlisle looked at Alice.

“There is only a minute left until the venom will overtake her and she will start the change,” Alice whispered taking my hand in-between hers.

“No, no!” Embry screamed, but his words were blurring to my ears. The fire was starting to consume me and I could feel myself slipping into it. I felt something warm on my lips and I knew right away that they were Embry’s lips. “I love you Roni, more than anything,” he whispered. I knew then that I was going to die, I just knew it.

I forced the words out of my burning throat. “I lo-ve you Emb-ry.”

The last words I heard before the fire consumed me were “I’m sorry Embry, she’s started the transformation.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh no! Poor Roni, she's in so much pain. and Embry is so sad. this is just so sad!
-Kailyn<3