Status: I'll update as often as I can :D

Cause Baby, You're My Better Half

A Vampire

Embry’s POV

It was the third day since the bloody bastard sank his teeth into my darling Roni and Alice said it was to be the day she woke up. I never once left her side for more than five minutes and I was constantly asked Edward what Roni was thinking and he’d say she was thinking about me. He said she wanted to hear my voice because it was the only thing that kept her from becoming completely consumed in the fire of pain. So I whispered loving words into her ear, telling her that no matter what she was, I loved her with all my heart.

I was sitting at her side, telling her how the first time I saw her standing there on the beach, yelling at Paul, how I’d imprinted on her and the way I felt. “It was like you were the center of the universe and the only thing keeping me here on earth,” I whispered brushing her arms soothingly.

Laying my head gently on her silk covered stomach, Alice having seen fit to change her clothes, and I continued to tell her about various times in my life where she took part. It was hard to talk sometimes because the solid, cold look on her face made me want to weep like a baby. I couldn’t imagine my own precious Roni as something I loathed so much, but I knew that I could and would love her the same as before.

There was a knock on the door and then it was opened, revealing Carlisle and Alice, the rest of the family just behind them, sad and grave looks upon there faces. I shook slightly, but released Roni’s hand and stood up. I looked down once more into her face, the face that had slowly started to change over the last couple of days. I listened for an instant and heard her heart beat slowly. I leaned down and kissed her cold, hard lips before tuning and fleeing the room.

Roni’s POV

The pain was terrible. I felt like there were blisters all over my body and that lava was running through my veins instead of blood. My body wanted to cool down even if only a little, but the pain never lessened in the least and in fact, only seemed to get worse. The only thing that kept me from going over the edge was Embry’s voice. It was soothing, calming and I didn’t even mind his warm hands in mine.

After what seemed like ages, though, the pain started dulling and constricting from my toes and my fingers, but then I realized that all this pain was shooting into my heart. When the last of the pain restricted from my arms and legs, my heart gave a defiant thump and then it was silent. That confused me for a moment. Had I died? Then I comprehended the numb pain in my throat and I realized I was thirsty.

“She’s awake,” a clear, melody like voice said to someone. Is he talking about me? I wondered. “You should talk to her, explain,” the voice continued. I heard slight footsteps coming toured me and I tensed. The footsteps slowed and then stopped. I could feel a presence close at my side.

“Roni dear, it’s Carlisle,” a calm voice that felt like velvet to my ears said. My mind told me right away that I knew who that was and a dim memory was brought before my eyes. Then a bigger memory and soon I was replying the moment that Mathew bit me. Oh my God, was I a vampire?

“Yes Roni, you are a vampire,” the first voice assured me. I opened my eyes wide, but before I could jump up and go all crazy, something was holding me down. I looked up and into the face of the vampire with a crazy weird red hair color. “Calm down, you don’t want to hurt anyone.”

I would’ve replied, but I was momentarily stocked. My eyes were darting from here to there, back and forth, taking in everything. It was like I could see everything and nothing was hidden from me, not the little dust partials in the air or even the colors of the rainbow. It was shocking, but oh so beautiful. And then it sunk in.

“Holy fucking shit, I’m a vampire,” I exclaimed sitting up at a speed I would’ve never imagined. Looking to my left I saw the Cullen family, save for one little one that I remembered as Alive looking tense. There were two vampires that I didn’t remember seeing before. But it wasn’t that I knew them that caught my attention, it was how different they looked to me now, like I was seeing everything about them. “Whoa, I can see everything!”

“Fabulous, isn’t it?” chirped Alice stepping forward, but the honey colored hair one with a million and one scars put a hand out to stop her. His eyes scrutinized me. Alice rolled her eyes. “Don’t worry Jazz; she’s not going to hurt me.” She pushed his arm away and skipped toured me. I felt like I should try and defend myself, but I pushed that feeling away and smiled brilliantly.

“You look so much prettier than before, when I was human. How is that?” I asked her as she looked me up and down, a satisfied smile on her face. She laughed and it sounded like wind chimes in the wind.

“Vampire sight let’s you see everything, every little detail right down to the littlest knoch,” she explained stepping closer to me. She smiled. “You look lovely as a vampire. And that dress suits you,” she added.

I looked down and realized that I wasn’t wearing the clothes I’d been before. Now I was wearing a knee length, slightly wavy purple silk dress. She was right; it did look pretty good on me. Then I noticed my pale skin. I held my hand out in front of my face and examined it. My skin looked so smooth and delicate, like just the slightest poke could puncture it.

“Oh Roni, I must let you see yourself,” exclaimed Alice rushing out of the room. She was back in a moment, a huge mirror in her arms.

“Are you sure that’s the best idea Alice. I mean, we don’t want to scare her now,” a woman with long, curly caramel brown hair said, smiling slightly. Alice rolled her eyes and set the mirror in front of me. I gasped and gazed at the beautiful woman in the mirror. She had perfect skin, perfect hair, the perfect futures and just, God, she was perfect. I noticed the bright ruby eyes, but I didn’t take them to heart.

I smiled at Alice. “I’ve got to let Embry get a look at me. Now I’m as beautiful as he deserves.” My ears picked up the sound of a light growl. I perked up. “Can I go see Embry please?” I asked, begging only a little. But Alice shook her head.

“Nope, you’ve got to go hunting first. Me and Jasper will take you.” Alice took my hand and led me to the window. I looked back at the rest of the Cullen’s and they were all smile encouragingly. I turned back around. Alice pulled me out the window and I was falling. I was kinda, sorta freaked out, but I landed perfectly on the ground a moment later. There was a soft thud a second later and Jasper was there, looking tense.

Alice hopped up and down. “Lovely. Come on Roni, we’re going to find you something to eat.” I grinned in excitement and we dashed off.

Carlisle POV

I was surprised and delighted. Roni was doing surprisingly well and we hadn’t said almost anything to her. I wondered if she had a sort of gift like Bella or what. But I was intrigued to learn if she had a gift and what it was. But I would have to be patient and wait.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know a lot of you probably hate me for the last chapter, but I can't always make you happy, now can I?

-Kailyn<3