Status: I'll update as often as I can :D

Cause Baby, You're My Better Half

Silent Tears

When I woke up from my nap, it was three-thirty in the afternoon and I felt like shit. I hurried out of bed and into the bathroom, sitting next to the toilet. A moment after I sat down, bail rose in my throat and out of my mouth into the toilet bowl. It lasted for a few minutes and I was gasping for breath when I stopped.

“Roni, are you in there?” Paul’s voice asked from the other side of the door. A pone hearing his voice, all the memory’s of that mornings events came back to me. Waking up to him and Beth making-out, Mathew in the woods, the wolves…

“Go away,” I yelled, my voice cracking.

“Roni, let are you okay, you don’t sound too good?” his voice was filled with worry. Good, he should worry it serves him right.

“I’m fine, just go away,” I crocked flushing the toilet and standing up. I wavered a little, but caught the side of the sink for support.

“I’m going to go get mom,” he said, his heavy footsteps descending down the stairs. I released the counted and slumped down against the wall, breathing heavily in and out, trying not to gag. A moment later, my mother’s light footsteps came rushing up and stairs and she walked right into the bathroom not bothering to knock.

“Renomi sweetheart, are you okay?” she asked hurriedly lifting me from the floor. I nodded, not able to speak for the life of me. “I don’t think so. Come on hun, let’s get you back in bed. Paul, bring a small trash can for your sister,” she called leading my across the hall and into my bed. She laid me down carefully and pulled a blanket over me.

“Here,” Paul said pushing the trash can at me. He looked irritated for some reason. Probably mad that I got sick and mom made him get me a trash can so he couldn’t leave right away.

“Thanks Paul, you can leave with your friends now,” mom whispered a little hurt.

“No, its okay they can wait in the living room for a little while longer,” he replied, shocking our mother and myself. Mom for him not wanting to leave, me because Paul’s “friends” were in my house, which meant Embry was there. In my house.

“Are you sure?” she asked, though there was smile on her dark skinned face. He nodded and sat at the bottom of my bed. Mom looked a little tearful, but I just rolled my eyes. He probably thought that if he stayed with mom once, she’d be perfectly fine with him leaving all the time.

“Hello, what about me?” I whispered, my voice cracked as ever. Mom turned back to me, obviously having forgotten I was sitting there.

“Oh right.” She placed her soft hand on my forehead for a moment before removing it. “Seems to me that you’ve got a fever and it’s pretty high. I’ll go and get some cool water and a cloth.” She got up, smiled at Paul and walked out, closing the door behind her.

Paul and I stared into each other’s eyes for a moment and I could have sworn that he had the exact same eyes as the silver wolf. I was going to say something about it, but thought better of it. Paul would probably say I was crazy and make some stupid jokes out of it.

“Here, Paul why don’t you rub this cool water on Roni’s forehead while I get her a couple more blankets?” mom suggested coming back into the room with a bowl and a cloth. He nodded taking from her. “Oh and Sam Uley said to tell you that they would meet you later around five here,” she added, her smile faltering a little.

“Okay, thanks,” was all he said turning back to me. Mom turned to the door and left again, small tears in her eyes.

“God Paul, why do you have to be such an ass?” I asked when I was sure my mom wouldn’t hear.

“What?” he looked at me questioningly ringing out the cloth and dabbing my forehead.

“Mom is hurt that you’re going out tonight and you don’t seem to care,” I chocked out. “I mean come on, five minutes ago you were saying you wanted to stay here and not go with Sam and your gang, but you will tonight and that’s killing mom. You don’t know how much she wants to have a family dinner. Ever since dad left, she’s wanted to spend time with her kids and you just don’t give a fuck about it!” I ranted not stopping for a breath.

Paul stared at me, a look of sorrow on his face. “I-I’m sorry Roni, I guess it just never thought that mom actually wanted to spend time with me.”

“That’s because you’re too blind to see any bit of since now that you’re hanging out with Sam and taking steroids.” I slapped a hand over my mouth, not meaning to bring up the last part.

“What?” Paul asked, his face growing with anger. “Who told you that?”

“It’s going all around La push,” I whispered turning my head down.

I heard him take a deep breath. “Roni listen to me,” he commanded lifting my chin so my eye could meet his. “I’m not doing anything like that. You know me and you know that I’d never do anything so stupid and reckless.’

“I thought I knew you Paul, but now…I’m not so sure,” I whispered, silent tears running down my cheeks. Paul didn’t say anything; he just sat there running the cloth over my forehead not looking at me.

A few moments later, mom walked in with the blankets. She didn’t ask questions about my tears, but she did look curious. When she came in, Paul got up and left, closing the door behind him.

“What’s wrong?” she asked taking Paul’s place on the bed.

“My life sucks,” was my response. She nodded understandingly, wrapping her arms around me and embracing me in a warm hug. I set my face into her shoulder and cried silent tears.
♠ ♠ ♠
You know what? Your awsome! I love all y'all so much! YOU guys are the bestest!