Status: I'll update as often as I can :D

Cause Baby, You're My Better Half

Tory

“Roni, one of your friends is here to see you and I’m leaving for the diner. Call me if you need anything,” mom announced popping her head into my room.

“Okay, bye,” I waved from my place on the bed. A few moments after moms head disappeared, the door was opened and Tory was standing in my door way. “Hey Tory,” I greeted, sitting up and turning down my music. “What’s up?”

“I had heard that you were sick and decided that I’d stop by to see how you were,” she replied looking around awkwardly. Tory and I weren’t best friends, so she’d never really been to my house, ever.

“Come on it, I don’t bite. Hard,” I joked patting the end of my bed with an abnormally pale hand. She looked skeptical for a moment, but then took the seat. “So, how’d you find out I was sick?” I wondered.

She hesitated a moment. “Well, your mom told Billy Black and I happened to be over at his house at the time and he told me because he knew I was your friend.”

“Oh, what were you doing there?” I asked bringing an ice pack that my mom had brought me not long before to my forehead.

“I was checking in on Billy for my mom?” she said, making it sound more like a question.

“Oh,” was my amazing reply. Nothing was said after that and everything drifted into an awkward silence.

“Well, I should get going. My mom wanted me home after I came to check up on you,” she said standing up. She gave me a quick goodbye and was gone in an instant. I sat where I was on my bed, wondering why Tory was acting so strange. I finally gave up and turned my music up louder and cuddling down to get some sleep.

Embry’s POV

I paced around on all fours, waiting impatiently for some news about Roni. Sam had sent out the newbie Tory Richards to see if she was okay because she knew Roni wouldn’t want to see anyone else. I was sad at the thought. Roni hated me and it killed me. All I wanted to do was take her in my arms, kiss her and do much more.

Would you shut up Embry? Paul growled, that’s my sister you’re thinking about.

Sorry, I can’t help it, I whimpered.

We understand Embry, but it’s getting really annoying having to see what you want to do to her, Sam said understandingly, but with a twang of annoyance.

It’s beyond annoying, Jared butted in. It’s creepy. Last night, I had a dream about Roni! It started out with her showing up to my house in only-

Jared, Paul snared leaping at him.

Owe, he whined, trying to push Paul off of him.

You’re fighting, why am I not surprised? Tory’s thoughts snapped into life. I turned my head in her direction. She walked into the clearing shaking out her dark brown fur.

Tory, is she okay? Do you think she’s going to turn? I asked quickly. Suddenly an image of Roni on her bed looking slightly pale filled my vision. Roni looked pale, so pale that I got a little worried.

Chill Embry, she’s fine, she assured me. The only thing that wrong with her is a fever. She doesn’t look like she’s going to phase. Now Jacob Black on the other hand…And images of the latter filled all our heads. He looked terrible, like he was going through a lot of pain, which he probably was.

Let’s keep an eye on him, Sam ordered.

Billy said he’d call Emily’s if anything drastic happened, Tory added playing out the scene in her head.

I’ll let her know, Sam said ready to phase back.

Wait Sam? I whispered.

What? He asked.

When can I tell Roni? I mean, she already knows about vampires and that there are wolves, she should know right? I waited while he mulled this over.

You know what was weird when I saw Roni? She didn’t look like she had just seen a vampire mere hours ago and she didn’t even say anything about them, Tory thought playing back the entire time she was with Roni, my Roni.

She wouldn’t know what he is, Paul pointed out. She’d just think he’s a creeper; she’s gone through a lot of those.

You’re probably right, but just keep an eye on her would ya? Sam asked.

Yeah, of course, Paul nodded, his wolfy face twisted in a ‘duh’ face.

Good. Sam was just about to phase, when a thought hit him. Does anyone know why the vampire was talking to Roni and didn’t kill her?

He all looked at each other, no one knowing the answer.

Why? Jared asked.

I’ve got to make a call. And with that, Sam’s thoughts were gone. He all looked at each other, wondering what the heck he was thinking.
♠ ♠ ♠
I love your guyses comments! They really make my day!