Sequel: That Feeling of Doubt

We Had to Put This to You

1/1

Something different.

What could be the difference between life and death? One simple word or a forever long action. A curse from a pair of lips or a motion that's over in a flash. Thinking throughout life, the death couldn't come quicker, and yet it couldn't come any slower.

It passes by so quickly, from one tiny thing growing inside of you that no one knows about until you go and visit. Go and visit the doctors and they give you that horrible news. The news that most people cry about. Some people don't - you didn't. You didn't because I am the cancer running through your veins.

But you didn't get, it wasn't the actual thing. It didn't exist, it never did. But you believed, oh baby you believed it all. It's the same because I am the pain in the back of your legs, the mere thought makes you fall to your knees it makes you believe.

Jokes on you baby, you're the one who believed. They only just think you believed in all that, but no, you believed in so much more. The naïve mind of yours was oh-so-sweet to mess with, it made you believe and be nervous. That mind of yours make me the sweat that's dripping down the side of your face.

You hear that now? You hear it? I'm a headline baby, a headline. So are you baby, I'm the headline that made you the headline. Baby, I'm the headline with you, and we're going to make front page news.

How do you like that now? Everything you have ever dreamed of, right? Baby, you can't lie to me, I see through your fake crocodile tears. Dry 'em up now, the naïve mind of yours doesn't fool me. Because the whole difference, between you and me, is that I can see it all, and oh-so-clear it is. Look how bright it is, don't you just love this sight, baby?

Oh, and that feeling baby, how do you like it? That feeling, that you've done something wrong. I know you're feeling it, that mind of yours, gosh it's amazing. Truly amazing. Such an easy target, oh simple minded baby.

How would you like it, to know that I am that friend, who knew all along. The shock, the horror. Oh baby, it's just mock. The mock from your naïve little mind. Did you really think that no one would know you believed? That you actually believed, believed in everything worse then what they think you did?

Oh silly baby.

You know how we try to show some love, don't you baby? You've seen how we've tried, because we tried it to you. The pleasure we had to see you squirm because guess what baby, it's a skill that we lack. It's all the humour within, and you know it.

Remember your best friends, baby? Yeah, remember how we stab them in the back? Oh sorry, it's not we, it's all you baby. You done it all, remember?

Oh baby look at you, you say you've had it with this crowd, but you don't decide. When I'm done with this town then you can decide. And baby when its over with you now, it'll all be wrong.

Because you'll be left with that feeling, that crowd, that town and that headline.

Oh baby, don't you see?

I am the rumour on everyone's lips.

And you believed me baby, you believed me all the way. When I don't exist, I'm a mere thought in your head, but you believed and I grew. And now, that rumour, that one big rumour, is back on you.

The joke is you baby, the joke is you.