Pumpkin

Secrets And Plans.

Plans, huh, I wonder what it’s like to have them. I’ve always wondered what it’s like to tell your parents, “Oh no, won’t be home Saturday, I’m going out with a couple friends.” Must be nice, or hectic, it has to be. Plans don’t always go as planned, so I’m assuming there’d be some chaos in that mix. Or am I just getting my hopes up? Anything has to be better than sitting at home and watching another family friendly Halloween movie. After this is a family friendly Christmas movie. It’s still October.

My parents are going out tonight on their date night. Two years ago my mother cheated on my father and he took her back. Ever since couples counseling ended they’ve had these date nights. It’s odd, I don’t really like either of my parents. I love them to death, of course, but I don’t really like them. My mother cheated on my father and my father has pictures saved on his computer of girls that are barely eighteen getting fucked silly.

Everyone has secrets.

I’ve always wanted secrets. Secrets and plans. Guess I’m just too average for shit like that. Honestly, I’m not surprised. I got through high school with a B average, never got any special awards, I’m not amazingly talented at anything.. Just average. Decent grades, decent looks, decent life.

Still, it’d be nice to have plans. What do you know? Home Alone is on.

Oh sorry, can’t go out tonight, I’ve got a date.

That sounded nice in my head.

The soft pitter patter of rain caught my attention, I looked out the window to see a couple dancing and laughing together in the rain. They were soaked to the bone, it was freezing outside too, I don’t think I’ve ever seen a happier couple. Then they kissed and I had to look away. My vision was slightly blurred like the window. Clear glass eyes, clear glass, obscured sight due to water.

My stomach turned at the feel of tears sliding down my cheeks. Could I be anymore weak? One little kiss and I turn into a weeping child. For Christ’s sake, I’m nineteen, jobless, and living with my parents. I really do have reasons to feel sorry for myself.