Status: hiatus.

Arizona.

002.

"Wake-y, wake-y baby-cake-y!" My aunt's annoyingly chipper voice broke through my foggy stupor.

I pulled the covers up over my head to block out the harsh light of the bedside lamp.

"Come on sweetie, it's time to get up. Pancakes are on the table, get dressed and come down before they get cold! And you don't want to miss the bus either." She patted my side before getting off the bed and walking back downstairs .

Sighing heavily I forced myself out of bed. After squeezing into a pair of skinny jeans, I threw on a worn-out band tee and slipped on my vans. I ruffled my long brown hair, put on some eyeliner and fixed my bangs before grabbing my bag and heading downstairs. What kind of junior that has acquired their license still rides the bus to school? This kind apparently. But what is this kind, you ask? The kind who has a sister who's as big of a bitch as a hippo with a hernia, the kind who's 'legal guardians' don't buy their second 'child' a car because "they can share" (when really the idea of sharing a car was an absolute no to begin with). The kind who would rather sit next to the raunchiest kid in school for a five minute bus ride because even then it would be a better experience than a five minute car ride next to someone who feels that coordinating lip gloss flavors with eye shadow colors is the most important thing of the day.

And sure enough, as I walked into the kitchen there, on my place at the table, was a small stack of pancakes topped with butter and syrup dripping down the sides like those in the commercials on TV. I sat down and sliced off my first bite. Sweet, buttery heaven erupted in my mouth. Aunt Sara's pancakes were the best pancakes I'd ever eaten and none could ever surpass them. Chelsea soon joined us at the table. She had pulled her hair up to her normal messy side bun. However, today she was dressed in light washed jeans, and the latest halter top from her favorite store, and topped it off with a pair of pumps. Clearly today she was not feeling as hot as she normally did. I side glanced at her and saw that she was looking at me. I raised my eye brows towards her.

"You look cute today, Whitney. Is that a new shirt?" She complimented me.

Oh I bet you just love this shirt. It goes great with your personality. Worn out and dull.

"How was Renae? She hasn't been here in awhile." Sara interjected.

Chelsea choked as she swallowed a sip of orange juice. I smiled as she quickly averted her eyes towards me. "She's, uh, she's great, mom. She's excited to go on her trip but she hates that she's missing the first few days of school."

Yeah.. I'm sure she does.

I finished my breakfast, placed the dishes in the sink, saluted my parents goodbye and headed out the door. The bus stop was not far from my house, but it was still a ways away. The weather was wonderful. Not too hot, not too windy, it was just right. My feet slightly grazed the gravel, and I kicked the small rocks that were in my way. I hummed a song under my breath, but was startled by a loud car horn followed by "LOSER!" being shouted at me.
My 'sister/cousin/bitch-whom-I-was-forced-to-live-with', whatever she preferred to be called more, had driven passed me honking and laughing. I watched as her jet black Jetta tore out of our development.

Don't crash. I don't want the duty of not inviting people to your funeral. I thought as I plugged my ear phones in. The bus pulled up and I got on. I took my place in one of the seats toward the back. Normally I would be the last stop but as the bus driver pulled out, we headed off into a different direction. I guess we had a new student. The bus stopped and I looked up to see who had successfully avoided Chelsea's fresh meat radar. He was a good looking boy, blonde hair, full lips. Exactly Chelsea's type. He wore a knit red cap, and seemed to walk light on his feet. And like in every teenage romance movie, he chose to sit next to me. I supposed now he would introduce himself, flash a cheesy smile, I'd immediately fall for him and we'd be the new 'it' couple. However, I was proved wrong. He sat beside me, looked straight ahead, and said absolutely nothing.

I stared at him for awhile, thinking he might yet grasp that last bit of cheese, but turned my head and stared out the window. I turned up the song on my iPod, slightly embarrassed that even for a second, my life could be anything like that of the movies.
♠ ♠ ♠
chapter twooo :)
comment && subscribe!
<3rhonni