Lullaby

Chapter 1

"Come on, Jas! You're gonna be late!" Gunner called to from down stairs.

"I'll be right there!" I called back. "Damn, impatient brother," I muttered under my breath. I grabbed my school bag, and my dance bag, before running down the stairs.

"Why does it take you so long to get ready?" He asked as we walked out to his car.

"It takes a girl longer to get ready than a guy, because we don't just throw random things on. We actually like clean clothes," I said, throwing my bags in the back, before climbing up front with him.

"I see," he mumbled, not really caring.

"Well someone's in a bad mood this morning," I said, looking out the window.

He sighed. "I'm sorry, Jas. Last night just wasn't too great of a night."

"It's fine," I mumbled, still looking out the window.

"So... Tonight's the first football game. You excited?" He asked, nudging me slightly, giving me a smile. I knew he was trying to make up for his bad mood, but I also know he didn't care about the football game.

"I know it doesn't matter to you, Gunner. You're done with high school and don't need to worry about them anymore. It's okay."

He stopped at a red light and turned to me. "Hey." He turned me to face him. "I care about you being dance captain and having fun tonight."

I smiled, looking down. "We've been working really hard. I just hope everything goes right tonight."

"I know you'll do great," he said, turning back when the light turned green.

"Do you know if Dad's coming tonight?" I asked softly, not knowing if I wanted the answer.

He sighed. "I don't know."

That's the thing, I may live with the man, but I hardly ever see him. Lately, he's been really busy with putting together Sixx:A.M., and has a lot of other things going on. I know he has a lot going on, I just hope he's able to pull some time out to make it tonight.

I guess I should explain. The one and only Nikki Sixx was my father, and Brandi Brandt was my mother. I was the second oldest out the four kids from that marriage. After our parents split, I wanted to stay with my dad, and the others went with my mom. It was a little awkward when Donna stepped into the picture with Ryhan, but we got along. Then everything seemed to get tied together when little Frankie was brought into the picture. I guess I should say that I was shocked when Dad and Donna split, but I'm not. I could see it coming.

The split was a little over a year ago, now. He's been pretty focused on other things than dating, which I'm thankful for. There are some days that he puts aside to where we can just hang out, but those are few and far between. Mom keeps asking me if I just want to come live with her, but I don't. I love her, but I don't really feel like living with her. And Dad's, I have my own space, mostly the whole house to myself. But, at Mom's, that would be a different story. I haven't lived with her in years, and it's too late to adjust. I like where I am, thank you very much.

Sometimes the guys drop by with Dad when they're coming over to just hang out, or are writing. They're all pretty cool. It's usually just the Motley guys, or Dj and James. They're all more familiar with the other kids, than they are me. They pretty much just know me as Nikki's daughter, the one that doesn't want to be part of the music business. That was my dad's area, I wanted to do something else with my life where I wouldn't be stuck in his shadow.

Gunner and I were pretty close. We were the two that stuck like glue. He's always introducing me to his friends as his tiny dancer. That's been his nickname for me since I don't know when. Even though he's into his own thing now, and trying to get his foot into the music business, we still trying to hang out at least once a week. It's usually a movie night, or we go out to get something to eat. But, whenever we go to one of Dad's concert's, he keeps me on a tight leash. He always thinks I'm going to get taken off or something. Strange boy, that one is.

I'm close with Storm and Decker, but not as much. We see each other and hang out, but that's like once a month, if that. Since they live with our mom, we go to different schools and are into different things. I've seen a lot of Storm lately though, since she's working with Dad with some project she has going with guitar. Some people may think I would get jealous at this, but I'm not. I'm happy my sister as something to bond with our dad over.

And little Frankie... That little ball of energy never stops going. She may only be seven, but she has everyone wrapped around her little finger. She was too cute to resist. Ryhan and I don't really talk anymore, unless we see each other. We just lived together because our parents were married to each other, that's as far as our relationship goes.

All in all, I have a pretty good life. I can't complain about most of it, other than I'd like to see my dad a little more. I know he's busy, and that's what keeps a roof over our heads.

"Do you want me to pick you up after school?" Gunner asked as he pulled up to the school.

"No, it's okay. I'll just stay here until the game."

He looked at me like I was crazy. "And do what?"

I shrugged. "Practice, do some homework, practice some more." I grabbed my bags out of the back as he shook his head.

"Don't over work yourself, okay? You'll do great tonight."

I smiled, before waving and heading towards class. That's what I loved about Gunner. He had the most confidence in me. And right now, that's what I needed.
♠ ♠ ♠
Here it is! New story :) So, all the kids that were mentioned are all of Nikki's original kids, but Jasmine is a character I made up. This idea randomly popped into my head while I was watching LA Ink last night. The story time line is around 2008 right now. Hope you guys like it.