Lullaby

Chapter 11

It was official... I wouldn't be using my ankle that much for the next few weeks. Talk about adding to the plate.

Sam staid with me while the nurse wrapped my ankle in an ace bandage. He even called my dad for me, which I was grateful for. At this point I wish I could just go back to this morning and start fresh all over again.

I waited for about a half hour, before the nurse told me someone was here to pick me up. I grabbed my things, and headed for the door. Before I got there, I stopped short seeing who was there to pick me up.

"What have you gotten yourself into now?" He asked, sighing and shaking his head.

"I slipped and fell. You know I'm a klutz," I said, shrugging.

He said nothing else as he turned and walked out of the office. I didn't think anything about it, because I honestly didn't care right now. I had enough on my mind, and I didn't need his crap right now.

When we got home, I was surprised to see that he actually helped me with my things and helped me to the door. "Do you want something to eat or drink?"

"No thanks, I don't really have an appetite..."

"Do you want some ice for your ankle?" He asked, trying to figure things to talk about.

"No."

"Then what do you want?" He asked, giving a frustrated sigh.

Before I could think, I shouted, "My dad!" I hurried off to my room, just wanting to be alone. I fell onto my bed and burried my face into my pillow, letting the tears of frustration fall. I was exhausted, conflicted, stressed, and now in pain. I truly and whole heartedly want my dad right now. I want him to hold me and tell me that everything's going to be okay.

There was a knock on my door, but I ignored it. "Jas, please open up," Uncle Tommy said, tapping on the door again.

"Just go away," I mumbled into my pillow. He tried a few more times, but finally gave up. Soon, I let the exhaustion take over me and fell asleep.

*Nikki's P.O.V.*

My phone had been ringing off the hook all day, but I was just able to check the messages right now. When I saw all the txt's and missed calls from Tommy, I was confused. Immideatly after reading the latest one, I dropped everthying I was doing and rushed home.

"Where's Jas? Is she okay?" I asked Tommy as I rushed through the front door.

"She's fine, Nikki," he said, trying to calm me down. "She's up in her room, sleeping."

I let out the breath I had been keeping in. "What were all the calls and shit for, then? You scared the hell out of me, man!"

He held his hands up in defense, waiting for my blow up to be over with. "Jas slipped and fell at school when she was rushing to class. She ended up spraining her ankle. The nurse said she doesn't know if she's going to be able to do much dancing on it in the next few weeks..."

"What?" I asked, not wanting to believe my ears. He only nodded dissapointedly, and I shook my head. "How did she react?" I finally asked softly.

"She seemed to just be zoned out. Then, I was trying to ask her what she wanted. She was still in and out of it. I snapped, not knowing what else to really do, and that's when she snapped back..." He paused letting out a long sigh. "She said she wanted you."

As soon as he finished his sentence, I was up the stairs and at Jasmine's door. I opened it to find her laying on her bed. Her even breathing told me that she was in a deep sleep.

I walked over to the bed and laid down next to her. Moving her hair out of her face, I saw dried tears on her cheeks. It hurt to know that she was so upset, but she wasn't telling me why. Knowing she wouldn't be waking up for a little while, I settled with simply rubbing her back.

When she wakes up, I'm not going to pressure her into telling me what's wrong. I know that I just need to be there for her right now and I haven't been doing that good of a job...

My poor Jassy...

*Jasmine's P.O.V.*

I slowly woke up, feeling a presence next to me. Opening my eyes, I looked to my right. When Dad saw me open my eyes, he gave me a small smile. "Hey, Sweetie," he said, gently moving my bangs out of my eyes.

"Hi," I whispered.

"How're you feeling?" I simply shrugged. He sighed, pulling me closer to him. "Talk to me, Jassy. I may be your father but I can't read your mind, Baby."

"I honestly don't know, Dad... Things are just all over the place right now."

He nodded understandingly. "Well, can you at least tell me how your ankle is feeling?"

"It's mainly just sore. It's not bothering me too much right now since it's elevated right now. I think I just need to take an Aleve and put some ice on it."

"Okay, Hun. Do you want a heating pad? You can ice it then heat it?"

"Yeah... That might help." Thank goodness Dad was here now. He could try to help in any way he can and I won't get frustrated because I felt helpless. Just having him near was comforting to me.
♠ ♠ ♠
So.... I'm sorry for not updating in forever! One reason, writers block. Another... I now have a beautiful baby girl! I've had my hands full since she was born in March, so I really haven't had anytime to write. I'm hopefully getting out of the block and will be updating a little bit more! Probably on Sunday's and Monday's because those are my days off. Maybe during the week, we'll just have to see.