Lullaby

Chapter 3

The next morning, I woke up around nine, and found Dad and Uncle Tommy in the kitchen. "Do you ever go home?" I asked him, laughing.

"Nope," he replied, smirking, then he gasped as he looked at my shirt. "She's cheating on us, Nikki!" He cried, throwing his hands in the air.

Dad and I both rolled our eyes at him as I went to grab a cup of coffee. "You have weird friends, Dad."

He just laughed. "Hey, he's your uncle."

"And God Father!" Uncle Tommy piped in.

I groaned. "Don't remind me."

He pouted, crossing his arms over his chest. "That's not very nice."

I laughed, shaking my head, before giving him a hug. "So, what're you two up to today?" I asked, sitting on the counter.

"Probably do some writing. I was going to go get a tattoo, and was going to take you with me, but you have practice," Dad said, shrugging.

I frowned. "I'm sorry. I can go with you after we're done. But, I really can't skip this practice. We're going over a new dance, and-"

"Babe, it's fine. I'll take you with me next time." He kissed my forehead, before going to get some more coffee.

"Did you know that coffee stunts your growth?" Uncle Tommy asked me as he looked between me and my cup.

"What's your excuse?" I asked, taking a sip as Dad spit his out from laughing.

"You're getting more evil every time I see you," Uncle Tommy said, giving me a small glare.

I smirked. "I know, I learn from the best."

"Who? Vince?" This time we all laughed.

Yeah... The whole Vince thing was never a good subject. He never seemed to really get along with anyone, it seemed. I never did like hanging around him, so Dad tried not to leave me alone with him when we were at the studio or something.

"I'll be back later!" I called to Dad as I headed off to practice.

"Okay, love you!"

On our Saturday practice's, we try to come up with some new ideas, before we actually start to practice and put everything together. It was a long day, and tough process, but the after product was always the best.

The other girls were lucky, though. They got to go home right after we finished. Half the time I would have a class to teach after, so I wouldn't go home until around eight or so. I've been teaching dance classes for about four years now. I used to just be an assistant to one of the teachers, until she quit before having her baby. Now I take most of the Saturday classes, and a few others if needed.

"How was last night with your dad?" Milly asked as we stretched.

"It was good. I like just hanging out with him. Though, it did turn into business after DJ showed up."

She frowned. "Why does that seem to always happen."

I shrugged. "It's fine. The bands are his life, and I know that."

She sighed. "Jas, you know it's not fine with you, so stop lying to yourself."

I stood up, looking into one of the mirrors. "It's one of the parts of being a Rock stars daughter," I sighed, before going off to talk to the rest of the girls.

*Nikki's P.O.V.*

"Do you think Jassy's over working herself?" I asked Tommy as we drove to the tattoo shop.

He sighed. "You know how that girl is, Nik. She'll work herself until she passes out, just like you."

"I know... I guess I just worry about her."

He frowned. "How come? She's a good kid. She wouldn't even think of getting into shit."

"No, I don't mean that. I mean, I know it has to be hard on her with living with me. She doesn't have a mother figure, or her siblings around. Hell, I'm hardly even around."

"Hey! I'm around." I gave him a look. "Oh... Yeah, I see your point."

I shook my head. "I don't know. I just don't want her to feel lonely."

"Has she told you that she's lonely?"

"No, but think about it, Dude. Would you go to your parents about stuff like this? She's seventeen, almost eighteen, and I still can't believe that. She hasn't even talked to me about boys and she's a Senior in high school. She's had to of had a boyfriend by now, right?"

He shrugged. "Jas really stays to herself a lot. Plus, with her main focus being on dance, I don't think she really notices boys. But I'm sure they notice her."

I looked at him with wide eyes. "Don't give me that look! You know it's true! She's got Brandi's body, Man! Any guy would have to be blind to not think she's hot."

I shivered. "Alright, enough talk about that with my daughter," I grumbled.

"Your baby girl's all grown up and you don't want to realize that," he said, smirking at me.

I groaned. "God, I hope Frankie stays young as long as possible."

We were heading to a new shop that we had heard about. It was up and coming, and I was interested. I haven't gotten a new tat in a while and I knew exactly what I wanted to get.

When we walked into the shop, I thought I was going to drop dead.

"Hey, guys. I'm Kat, how can I help you?"

I think I'm in love

*Jasmine's P.O.V.*

Practice was agonizingly long today. I had landed on my knee two hours into practice, but still kept on going. Then, I stayed an hour longer so I could help one of the new girls out.

When I got up, I plopped onto the kitchen floor with a bag of peas on my knee. I didn't have enough energy to get up from that spot, so I just stayed there.

"He said he'd be back soon, but Jas should be here somewhere. Her car's out front," I heard DJ say to someone. A few seconds later, him and James walked into the kitchen. "Well, hello there," he said, giving me a funny look. "Are you okay?" He asked, concerned.

I laughed lightly. "Yeah, I just didn't have any energy to move after I landed."

"How long have you been there?" James asked.

I looked up at the clock. "Eh, only a half hour."

"What'd you do to your knee?" DJ asked as he got something to drink.

"Landed on it wrong. It'll be fine."

"You're tough, girl," James said, smiling and shaking his head.

"Who's tough?" Uncle Tommy asked as him and Dad walked in. I swear! That man doesn't live at his own house! He's always over here! "Why are you on the floor?" He asked, looking at me like I was weird.

"Too lazy to get up." I shrugged.

"How was practice?" Dad asked, grabbing my hands and gently pulling me up.
"Alright. We put a new dance together, then I stayed late to help one of the new girls." I hobbled over to the kitchen table and sat down.

"Land on your knee wrong?" Damn, he knew me so well...

"Yeah, it'll be fine by tomorrow. The swelling's already gone down," I said, moving the bag of peas and looking at it.

"How'd your tattoo go?" DJ asked Dad.

"Well..." He trailed off as Uncle Tommy snickered.

"What happened?" James asked as smirk playing his lips.

"Nikki's got the hots for the tattoo artist," Uncle Tommy laughed as Dad glared at him. "They ended up talking the whole time, instead of him getting his tat. He has to go back next week instead."

"Nice." DJ laughed.

"Well, as much as I would love to sit here and talk about Dad's sex life, I'm going to go do homework or something," I mumbled, walking out of the kitchen.

Those men have issues...

*Nikki's P.O.V.*

"So, who is she?" James asked after Jas left the kitchen.

"Do you think she's the next Mrs. Sixx?" DJ asked at the same time.

"Guys, one question at a time." I laughed, shaking my head. "I haven't even asked her on a date, let alone thought about marriage. I'm done with that shit right now. I just want to have fun."

"Back to who she is?"

I smirked. "Kat Von D."
♠ ♠ ♠
Pajama's

Dance Practice

About to get very interesting :) hopefully...

So, I'm reading Nikki's book The Heroin Diaries and that's where I got the whole perspective on Vince. Does anyone agree with me when I say he seems like a jerk? (anyone who knows what I'm talking about, at least) But, I love Tommy! He cracks me up :)