Lullaby

Chapter 6

They had me surrounded, so there was no point in trying to leave... Again. "How did you guys even find me?" I asked, my arms crossed over my chest.

"We drove around until we found your car," Gunner said, shrugging. "It wasn't too hard."

"Now, I want you to sit there and listen to everything I have to say, without interrupting me," Dad said, sitting on the couch across from me. "Deal?"

I was opening my mouth to tell him where to shove that deal, when Uncle Tommy stopped me. "Jasmine," he snapped, sending me a harsh look.

"Fine," I muttered.

"You know my past and how hard it was for me to get off the drugs, but once I did, it felt so good. I realized how much better things were without the drugs. It took me a while to realize that, but I finally did. I swore that I would never do that to myself or anyone else again. So, I don't know who that was that showed up at the door, but I sure as hell didn't ask them to."

"They were probably trying to set him up, Jas. That's what you have to realize," Uncle Tommy said, still in a hard tone.

"But who would want to set you up? That makes no sense," I said, still trying to wrap my head around it.

Dad shrugged. "Anyone who wanted to."

"Anyone who doesn't like him and wanted to start shit. Which, they were successful in," Uncle Tommy said, looking away from me.

There was a sudden sinking feeling in my stomach. I felt horrible for over reacting and jumping to conclusions. I should have just listened to Dad in the first place.

I stood up, shaking my head and walking towards the stairs. "Where are you going? We aren't finished here," Uncle Tommy snapped.

"I'm sorry," I whispered, not trusting my voice and heading up to my room.

"Jas," Dad knocked on my door and poked his head in. When he saw me sitting on my head, he came to sit next to me.

"I shouldn't have over-reacted about that. I'm so sorry." There was no denying that I felt horrible. I couldn't take any of it back, but I wish I could.

"Jas, I can see why you were so upset, and I don't blame you. No, I do wish you would have just listened to me, but it's okay."

"You're not mad at me?"

"No, Jazzy, I'm no mad." He wrapped his arm around my shoulders and kissed the top o fmy head. "I would never be mad at you for that. "I was upset, but not mad."

"I think Uncle Tommy's really pissed at me... He's never yelled at me like that." I felt like a spoiled brat saying all of this, but he never has...

"He was just pissed that someone tried to do that. Don't worry about it, I'll talk to him."

"I don't want him to be pissed at me anymore."

"Jas, it's okay, I promise." He stood up and kissed my forehead. "Get some sleep, things will be back to normal in the morning."

It was late, and I know he told me to get some sleep, but I just couldn't. Too many things were running through my mind, making it hard to even think about sleep.

Instead of laying there and doing nothing, I decided to get up and go down stairs. I didn't eat practically anything all day, and my stomach was now reminding me of that. When I was walking down the stairs, I stopped when I heard voices talking in the kitchen.

"Tommy, she's heart broken, you didn't see her face," Dad hissed.

"Just because I yelled at her? Wow, talk about spoiled," he scoffed.

"Hey, watch it. You may be one of my best friends, but you know I will hit you."

"Guys, calm down. There's no need to fight," When did DJ get here? "Now, can I leave you two girls alone for a few minutes while I go check on Jas?"

I heard them grumble, before DJ's footsteps startled me. "Hey, what are you doing up?" He asked, confused.

"I got hungry," I mumbled, hoping he didn't think I had heard them.

He looked at me for a minute, before nodding his head towards the kitchen. "Let's go get you something." He walked with me to the kitchen, and Dad and Uncle Tommy went quiet. "We're hungry, do you guys want anything?" DJ asked them as he dug through the fridge.

"Sure, I'll take something." Dad shrugged.

Uncle Tommy looked at the two of them, before shaking his head and walking out. I looked at the floor, before Dad walked over to kiss my forehead, then went after him.
"Ignore Tommy, Jas, it's not worth it," DJ said, giving me a sympathetic look.

"Why is he so mad at me?" I whispered.

"I think he's just mad at the situation and he's taking it out on you. He shouldn't be, but he is."

"But Dad's angry and he isn't taking it out on me."

"Jas," he sighed.

"Maybe he is right," I said, shaking my head.

"Jasmine, do not say that," he said, giving me a stern look, so I just dropped the subject.

By the time DJ was done whipping something up, Dad came back into the kitchen. "Where did he go?" DJ asked.

"Home?" Dad said, not really caring where he was.

After I finished eating, I silently slinked up stairs. I passed Gunner on the way up. I didn't say anything to him, and kept walking. When Gunner said something about me, I stopped to listen.

"You know she went to Mom's, right?" He asked Dad.

"What?" Dad growled.

"Yeah, but she turned her away," Gunner scoffed.

"Dammit! What the hell is wrong with her?"

"Well, she was trying to find somewhere to stay."

"Not Jasmine, your mother." I could tell Dad was pissed all over again. "I don't understand why this is going on. Everything was totally fine until this happened."

"It's alright, Nikki. This will blow over soon enough," DJ tried to assure him.

"Did Uncle Tommy get over his little episode yet?"

"No, he'll snap out of it soon, he just gets so over protective of me sometimes."

"He's your best friend, he's been through a lot with you. So, he is going to always be over protective of you," DJ said.

"I just hope Jazzy doesn't take what he said to heart," Dad sighed.

"I think she already did," DJ said, filling him in with what I had said in the kitchen.

"That's ridiculous."

"Just let it blow over, Nikki. She's a smart girl, she won't let it get to her."

I hoped DJ was right. I guess you could said I was sensitive because I did take things to heart. Most the time, I tried not to, but I couldn't help it. That's just who I was...
♠ ♠ ♠
So, here's another udpate! Want to hear something random? One of my nickname's is Nikki, since my middle name is Nicole. Well, my mom got that from Nikki Sixx! Isn't that cool? Ha, I thought it was... Okay, random moment over.

Merry Christmas to everyone! I'm working tonight (Christmas Eve night shift. Hell yeah!) Anyways... Anyone who is traveling, be careful! And have fun :)