Lullaby

Chapter 9

“What were you thinking of getting done this time?” Kat asked as I sat in her chair.

I thought about it for a few minutes, before it dawned on me. “You know, I think I have a
tattoo symbolizing all the kids except Jasmine’s,” I said to Tommy.

“We could draw a jasmine flower and incorporate her name into it,” Kat said thoughtfully.

I nodded, liking that idea. “Yeah, that sounds good.”

Tommy said he was going to step out for a bit while Kat and I started talking. It felt so easy being around her; she wasn’t like most woman that you met, especially with being famous and all. While we were talking, I felt my phone vibrating in my pocket, but seemed to have ignored it. My mind was a bit too pre-occupied right now.

*Jasmine’s P.O.V.*

I sighed, coming to the realization that Dad wasn’t going to come sign me out. Heading for my last resort, I ended up calling Uncle Tommy since he was the only other one that could sign me out.

After the forth ring, I was going to give up figuring that he still wasn’t talking to me, but was surprised when he ended up answering. “Hello?” He said in a monotone voice.

If I had been feeling better, I would have been hurt by this, but right now I didn’t care. “Hey, Uncle Tommy sorry for calling you, but do you think you could please come sign me out of school? I don’t feel any better than I did this morning and Dad isn’t answering his phone.”
I heard him sigh softly, before he answered. “Yeah, I’ll be there soon.”

About a half hour later, I was being called to the office and signed out of school. When we got outside Uncle Tommy turned to me and frowned. “You do look a bit pale,” he said, touching the back of his hand to my forehead. “Do you want to go to the doctors?”

I shook my head. “I think I’ll be fine with some sleep and cold medicine. Thanks again for coming to sign me out.” I was about to walk away, when he pulled me back and into a hug.

“Do you want me to drive you home, just in case?” He asked softly.

“Sure, why not,” I said, shrugging my shoulders.

“Come on.” He took my hand and led me over to his car, before we drove home.

When we got home, I headed straight for the couch, not really having much energy to go up and change just yet. “At least take this,” I heard Uncle Tommy say, before he handed me some cold medicine and a glass of water. I scrunched my nose up after tasting it and downed the water. He chuckled lightly as he covered me up with a blanket and kissed my forehead. “Get some rest.” Within seconds, I was out like a light.

When I ended up waking up again, it was already dark outside, and I heard voices in the kitchen. “Well, I’ll give you props, she’s totally hot,” I heard DJ say.

“Not only that, she also has a brain,” Dad said, laughing lightly.

“Well, did you end up asking her out?” Uncle Tommy asked.

Wait, what?!

Dad sighed. “Not yet, but we did exchange numbers. I think I’m going to take my time with this one, guys. I don’t want to scare her off or anything.”

“Yeah, that’s true.”

I decided that it was finally time to get up and maybe figure out what the hell was going on. When I walked into the kitchen, they all went quiet and looked over at me. “Hey, Baby. How are you feeling?” Dad asked, walking over to me and pulling me into a hug.

“Still kind of sleepy. Where were you? I tried calling and txting you a few times,” I said, confused.

“I’m sorry, Sweetie. I would have come to get you, but I ended up getting caught up.” Again, I gave him a confused look. “Here,” he pull off his shirt and showed me the bandage on his arm. Of course it was from a new tattoo. I was about to roll my eyes, when I saw what the tattoo was of.

It was a few jasmine buds and my name fit nicely in between some of his other tattoos. I thought it was actually done very nice pretty. It was genuine, like mostly all of his tattoos.

“Do you like it?” He asked hopefully.

I gave him a small smile and nodded. “I do like.”

He gave me a shit eating grin. “Great.” He pulled me into a hug before kissing the top of my head. “So, do you think you’ll feel up to school tomorrow?”

“I think I’ll be fine if I just take some more medicine. That should knock me out for the night.”

“Alright, just let me know if you want to stay home tomorrow. I’ll stay home with you and we can veg all day. Sound good?”

I nodded, giving him another hug, before moving on to DJ and Uncle Tommy, making sure Uncle Tommy was last. “Thanks for picking me up, again,” I mumbled into his chest.

“Anytime, Jazzy,” he smiled, before sending me off to bed.

It felt nice climbing into bed and falling asleep almost instantly. I really did hate being sick; it kicked my ass. It came randomly and far between, but mostly only lasted twenty-four hours or so. Nothing a little NyQuil couldn’t clear up!
♠ ♠ ♠
Second one tonight!