Status: Finished; Sequal Coming Soon <3

Wide Awake, My Mistake

chapter one.

I sighed as I pulled back my duvet, gradually waking up to another day of school. Climbing out of bed, I walked across the cold wooden floor, towards the bathroom, where I did my daily routines, which were taking my daily morning shower, brushing my teeth and using the toilet. All this took me precisely half an hour, which is extremely good for a girl of my age. After I was done I walked to my closet choosing out an outfit, I hoped I hadn’t worn before. It was coming up towards winter, which meant even colder weather though living in Baltimore it was fairly cold most of the time so I was pretty much used to it.
Getting changed I couldn’t help but gaze out of my window, watching the world go past before me. Then a figure came into view, I couldn’t tell who it was until they were closer, all I could tell was that it was a boy, a tall frame, quite skinny, and then it hit me… Alex Gaskarth.
Just thinking that name made me feel sick to the stomach. After six years, memories don’t die hard. You see Alex and I used to be best friends until Maisy came into the equation, she was new and I befriended her. I thought I could trust her after a year; she became a part of Alex and me. We told each other everything; of course that’s what friends do right? And not tell anyone either…right? Wrong. I happen to have gained a uncontrollable love for Alex, not knowing what the feeling was with the butterflies that dance in the bottom of your stomach from one touch, one smile, one gaze… that soon came crashing down. I found Maisy and Alex sucking on each others faces, my heart shattered to pieces, each one leaving a scar that was never going to let me escape its memories. Seeing them together everyday makes my life hell, I can’t stop thinking about what could have been if Maisy hadn’t have ruined it, the thought of them together made me skin crawl. Since then I haven’t let myself fall in love, I was too frightened that I was going to get hurt again and I’ve had enough hurt to last me a life time. Bringing myself out of that unforgettable memory and turned away from the window and headed towards the stairs, grabbing my bag on my way then heading out of the front door. I plugged my ipod in and began making my journey to school, making sure Alex wasn’t in sight.
After a long trek to school, I finally walked through its entrance, pushing through the crowds of people and headed towards my locker, throwing all the books I didn’t need in and grabbing the ones I needed, slamming its door shut. Turning around I headed towards homeroom, which was the worst. It was just my luck to be put with Alex and Maisy every year. I had to put up with the torture of seeing them both. I walked in to the room, making a quick glance in Alex and Maisy’s direction before walking straight to my desk, next to the window, farthest a way from those two the better, though I could still hear their little conversations to each other, her basically making rude remarks about some people that walked into the room, well, mainly me. Alex just seemed to sit their and agree with everything she says. I often wonder to myself, does he ever have an opinion with her? Does he love her that much that he would just go a long with what she says just to keep in her good books? Too me that is just pathetic.
Jack, Zack and Rian walked in, pulling me out of my thoughts, just in time before I got myself any deeper into them. As the guys passed Alex they gave a nod before continuing over to their desks which happen to be right next to me. I was glad had these guys; they were amazing friends, my best friends to be exact. They helped me though everything in high school, they knew everything obviously. But I’m not one to go around spreading crap to everyone, I just trust them with my life, they feel the same too…I think.
“Hey Leander” Jack smiled as he took his place next to me.
“Hey dudes!” I said enthusiastically speaking to Jack, Zach and Rian.
They all laughed.
Gosh I loved these guys so much.
Just as the bell rang, Mr Heath walked through the door, right on time.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment. Add. Subscribe. Thankyou(: