Status: I'm working on it!

Love In The Air

Chapter 4

M.O.D. just finished, and I am on my way to Chemistry. I am roaming the halls looking for room 214. I REALLY didn’t want to ask another random stranger… that didn’t go too well the first time. I swing a left and see a little sign on one of the wall pointing the way to rooms 207-215. Why didn’t I see those signs? When I finally find 214 I smile and walk in. All I see is the kid who smells like feet and a girl who looked vaguely familiar. I looked around and found an empty desk that looked half decent and sat in it and looked around. A huge periodic table was plastered on the wall; I smiled. Science. My favorite period! Kids started coming in the classroom and clumping together in their little cliques. They started talking and sitting next to each other. The bell rang, and a male teacher walked in. He looked young to be a teacher, but hey, whatever. Suddenly, the door flung open and hit the wall.

“Sorry!” one of the girls from earlier said, running in the room. Uh, what was her name, Kali? No. Karly? No. Someone with a name that begins with ‘K’ “My flute wouldn’t fit in my locker.”
Mr. White, the teacher, looked at the girl, and said, “Kelly, you suck. And I am stuck with you, and Sabrina, again! Great!” Kelly! That’s it!

“Well at least we aren’t together this time! And I thought Sabrina sucked!” Kelly said, then glanced at a table, “Jessica! Rachael!” and ran over to them. I looked back at Mr. White and saw his expression. He looked like he was in Hell.

“Yeah, well I had to take that back because she was here half blind for finals,” Mr. White said, walking to his desk and clicking on a button on his computer, bring up a screen on the smart-board. Did I mention those things are REALLY cool. It is like an iPod touch, only better.

“Yeah, well it is in our old agendas and yearbooks. Remember Sabrina showed you. So you can’t take it back that easily,” Kelly said.

“Fine, you both suck. Happy? Anyway,” he said looking at the rest of the class. “Here are your notes for today. Copy them.”

I got my pencil and notebook out and copied them. Then I noticed Kelly was trying to get my attention.

“Come sit with us,” she whispered loudly. Mr. White glanced at her and I shook my ‘no’ and I went back to writing.

“Thank you Kelly. You reminded me that I need to give you guys your seats,” Mr. White said. The class groaned.

The rest of class we got new seats (splitting Kelly, Rachael, and Jessica up. At least I think that is all their names. I am sitting next to one of them, Rachael. Well that is what her notebook says. P.S. I love her handwriting.) Then took notes and talked about them. Mr.
White gave us our books, and the bell rang.

The next class I had was Spanish III, but all we did was get Spanish names, new seats, and our books. We got to talk the rest of the time. Since I am new, I looked for a familiar face, but I saw no one. Great! Now I have to spend the next 10 minutes alone.

Later when I thought I was walking into the girl’s locker room, someone pulled my arm, which made me lose my balance, and fall on top of person. I heard guys whistling behind us, and laughing. I looked down to see who I landed on, and saw it was Cale. I blushed and jumped up.

“Sorry,” I said, looking away.

“No, it’s my fault. I was just trying to stop you from going in the boy’s locker room,” he said. I looked at the sign and saw it said, ‘boy’s locker room’ on it.

“Oh,” I said, blushing more, “where is the girl’s then?” I asked. He pointed behind me.

“Up those steps,” he said, and walked away. I ran up the stairs and into the locker room. There were a group of girls, who I could tell were popular, changing in the corner. I got took my bag off my shoulder and got changed quickly. I headed back down the stairs and into the gym. Our teacher, Mr. Barnes was waiting on the far end of the gym. I walked over, and noticed that I was the first girl to come out. The only person I recognized was Cale. I blushed remembering what happened a few minutes again! More girls came down, and I noticed Kylie was one of them.

“Alright class. Run 4 laps and do 20 sit-ups and push-ups.” Mr. Barnes said. We started running and did the sit-ups. I looked around and saw I was finished first. My eyes met with Kylie’s and I noticed she was having trouble breathing. I bet she isn’t a sporty person. I stood up and stretched a little. Mr. Barnes patted my back and began giving more instructions to the class. “Today we are playing team hand ball. Cale and Robbie are captains.” He walked away and let the boys pick their teams.

“I pick Hillary,” Cale said. Wow! I picked first! That is new! The kid, Robbie, looked at him like he was crazy for picking a girl first.

They picked the teams, and Kylie was on the opposite team than me. I smirked at the thought. Mr. Barnes got a small ball out of a room and tossed it to Cale.

“Your team gets it first!” he said. “Start!” Cale started running to the other side of the gym. I ran to the area we could score, and waited. Cale got tagged and looked around for someone to pass.

“Hillary!” he shouted and threw the ball towards me. I caught it and tagged the wall with it. The other captain, Robbie, looked at me shocked. I handed the ball to a random girl and tagged her so she couldn’t run. She threw it to Robbie, who was close to me and he started running. I ran after him, and somehow caught up to him. I tagged him, and he looked at me strangely.

“Maybe next time you should consider picking a girl first,” I said, and ran away.

Class ended, and my team won! Next thing I know, I was changing in the locker room, and the bell rang. Finally the end of the day. I quickly put my gym clothes in my bag and headed to my locker across from the planetarium. I put my stuff away and got what I needed out. I picked up my bag and went outside. Jacob had practice, and my mom couldn’t pick him up, and I really didn’t feel like wasting gas, so I am staying and watching practice. I sat in the grass under the tree and pulled out a book to read. I threw the first sentence, and then a football hit me on the head. I sighed and put the book down. I saw the couch run over.

“Sorry,” he said.

“It’s okay!” I replied, and picked up the ball and threw it at him. I must have thrown it too hard, for he made an ‘umf’ noise and grabbed his stomach.

“Nice throw,” he breathed out, releasing his grip on his stomach.

“Thanks,” I said, and went back to reading.

“So why are you here?” he asked.

“I’m Jacob’s sister,” I replied, not even looking up.

“Really? Is he as good as you?”

“Nah! I beat him every time, but he is still good though!” I said.

“OK, well I’m sorry about you getting hit in the head,” he said and walked away.

“It’s no problem!”
♠ ♠ ♠
Message me!