Status: Complete <3

Trust Me, I'm in a Band.

Daddy, Help Me.

I bolt upright in bed, my limbs shaking and my screaming getting cut off in my throat. I see a silhouette and screech again. The person runs over to me and wraps it's strong arms around my waist. I gasp when the light flickers on and collapse into my bed when I see that it's just my dad.

"Hey, are you okay, kiddo?" He asks, grabbing a washcloth to wipe the sweat from my forehead.

"Y-yeah, I'm fine." I whisper.

"Same dream again?" He asks softly.

"Yeah, except this time the man came for me too." I whisper. You see, two years ago, my mother was murdered. I tried to help her, I swear! I just couldn't. He knocked me out. I tried to help her, I tried everything but he knocked me right out.

"It's okay, kiddo. It's fine, you're okay." He whispers, pulling the blankets over my bare chest.

"No it isn't! He's still out there!" I cry.

"Hush, boy. He isn't going to get you." Dad mumbles harshly.

"Okay." I whisper and feel a small tear slide down my cheek. I can hear thunder roll across the sky and the lights turn off. I scream, I can't stop it. I hate darkness ever since that night. I miss her so much. We were so close, I shared everythind with her! I miss her. I need her.

"Sh," He whispers. "Go back to sleep." He kisses his hand and touches it to my forehead.

"Dad!" I exclame after him.

"Yeah, C?" He asks back.

"Can I stay in your room tonight.. with you?" He touches his finger to his chin as if thinking. "Dad!" I whine.

He laughs and picks me up. I rest my head on his shoulder and we go into his room.
♠ ♠ ♠
:]