‹ Prequel: Fox Tales: Year Three
Status: Active. Updated now when i have time :)

Fox Tales: Year 4

Like Romeo and Juliet

The next morning, after getting their class schedules, Courtney, Maeve, Joy, Kamrynn, Kelly, Eva, Harry, Ron, and Hermione all huddled together at the Gryffindor table to compare and have a bite to eat. Hermione was eating like she never saw food a day in her life. Ron was looking over his schedule and complaining.

“Today’s not bad. At least we’re outside all morning. Herbology with the Hufflepuffs and Care of Magical Creatures with,” he paused, “damn it, we’re still with the Slytherins.”

“Hey,” Courtney tried her best to look offended.

“Sorry, Court,” Ron smirked at her.

“Double Divination this afternoon,” Harry moaned.

“You should’ve given it up, like me!” Hermione boasted, “Then you would be doing something sensible like Arithmacy.”

“You’re eating again, I notice,” said Ron, noticing how she was eating.

“I have decided that there are better ways to of making a stand about elf rights,” she said haughtily.

Courtney and Eva looked at each other, “Elf rights?” Courtney asked innocently.

“Don’t get her started!” Ron, Harry, Kelly, and Kamrynn all said at the same time.

“Would you like to join S.P.E.W?” Hermione asked as she excitedly tore through her bag and pulled out a piece of parchment, “House elves are not given the respect they deserve for the work they do. Think of poor Dobby.”

“Don’t join spew,” Ron said quickly, “The elves love serving people.”

“It’s not spew, it’s S.P.E.W,” Hermione corrected him.

“Just shut it, Hermione,” Ron said as he made to get up, “Let’s just go to class.”

“Bye, guys!” They waved at Courtney, Eva, and Joy, who all had Muggle studies to attend to.

“My dears, it is time for us to consider the stars,” Trelawney said as the Gryffindors and Slytherins entered the classroom, “The movements of the planets and the mysterious portents they reveal only to those who understand the steps of the celestial dance. Human destiny may be deciphered by the planetary rays, which intermingle…”

Courtney lost her concentration because she was distracted by her perfumed fire. It always made her feel a tad bit funny. She thought of what Hermione said this morning. Maybe she should’ve dropped divination for arithmacy. Trelawney then passed out star charts for them to fill in.

“I have two neptunes,” Harry stated as he looked through his telescope again.

“Ah,” Ron said imitating Trelawney, “Whe two neptunes appear in the sky, that is a sure sign a midget in glasses is being born.”

Courtney smirked and pointed down at Harry’s chart, “That would be Uranus, Harry,” she smirked.

“Oh, Professor, look!” squealed Lavender, “I’ve got an unsuspected planet!”

Trelawney looked, “That would be Uranus, dear.”

“Can I have a look at Uranus, Lavender?” said Ron.

Courtney and Harry giggled, but Kamrynn looked saddened by this. She just sighed and started to pack up her things, seeing that she was done. She was good at Divination; her best subject. She handed in her star chart and walked out. Courtney felt bad for her. Ron noticed that she had left and copied Courtney’s finished star chart and handed in his work before following her.

“So,” Harry said to Courtney as he copied her chart as well, “What’s going on with Joy?”

Courtney gave him a funny look and tucked a piece of hair behind her ear, “What exactly do you mean?”

He looked up at her, “Is she dating Dean?”

She was definitely surprised by this, “Why?” she demanded.

“I just want to know. You don’t have to answer if you don’t want to,” he said as he packed his things up.

“No,” Courtney paused, “It’s okay. Dean asked Joy to be his girlfriend on the train.”

Harry nodded silently and left the room after turning in his chart. Courtney did the same, but Draco caught up with her outside the classroom. She rolled her eyes as she quickened her pace. He did the same. He then handed his things to Goyle before shooing them off.

“What do you want, Draco?” she asked once tweedle dee and tweedle dumb were out of sight. He obviously wanted to be alone with her.

“Why haven’t you broken up with Weasley yet?” he asked suddenly.

She sighed, “That is none of your business,” she said as they rounded the corner, towards the Great Hall for dinner.

“I know that you aren’t in love with him.”

“I’m fourteen. What do I know about love?” she asked seriously.

“You can be fourteen and in love, like Romeo and Juliet.”

“And look at the end they came too,” she said as they entered the Great Hall.

“Not all love stories end like that. Look at Cinderella and Prince Charming.”

“And so unrealistic,” Courtney laughed.

“What about us?” Draco coughed her off guard.

She had stopped walking and just looked at him, “There is no us, Draco.”

“You’re just in denial,” he smirked at her before talking a seat at the Slytherin table.

She did the same, but she sat next to Blaise. She wasn’t sure that she wanted to sit next to Draco after what he had said. Not because she was appalled by it, but because she was afraid that he was right.