‹ Prequel: Fox Tales: Year Three
Status: Active. Updated now when i have time :)

Fox Tales: Year 4

Where are you taking me, Ronald?

"Where are you taking me, Ronald?” Courtney asked after a few moments of wondering around the black forest.

“For Merlin’s sake, if I knew that you were going to ask so many questions, I wouldn’t have brought you with,” Ron grumbled, still not letting go of her arm.

Courtney managed to slip out of his grip and stop walking, “I wouldn’t have to ask questions if you would just answer them!”

Ron stopped and turned around, “Alright, I thought it would be a surprise for you because you have been so nice to me these past two weeks. My brother Charlie wrote me.”

“He’s here already?” Courtney asked, remembering how Charlie had written previously about visiting Hogwarts.

Ron nodded, “Yeah, he’s brought something with him too. Come on.”

He started leading the way again. They walked in silence for while before they could hear banging and screaming up ahead. Courtney grabbed onto Ron, not knowing what to expect. Ron just smirked at her as he kept up the pace. Pretty soon, Hagrid was walking in stride with them.

“Ron, Courtney. How are ya?” he asked in is rough voice.

“Pretty good,” Ron answered and Courtney couldn’t find her voice. She was curious as to what lied ahead of them.

“Going to see Charlie, then?”

“Yep.”

Courtney then could see fire shooting through the top of the trees and giant cages up ahead of them. She clung tighter to Ron, who grabbed onto her as well. A dark figure started toward them and in the faint glow from the figure’s wand Courtney could make out manly features and a patch of red hair. It had to be Charlie Weasley.

“Ron, is that you?” called the man.

“It is, Charlie!” Ron answered as the man came close into view. He looked a lot like Ron.

“Why hello there,” Charlie said as he noticed Courtney still hanging onto Ron, “Who do we have here?”

“Courtney Flint,” Courtney answered, finally finding her voice.

There was then a loud and sudden bang and flash of light. Courtney jumped and started shaking. The sides of the closest giant cage to show a nasty looking dragon. Courtney couldn’t control her shaking and before she knew it, she had lost control and was a fox at Ron’s feet. He smiled and picked her up in his arms. She still couldn’t quit shaking. Charlie and Hagrid just blinked, not knowing what to say.

“She’s an animagus,” Ron explained to the dumbfounded people.

Charlie looked back at his fellow tamers trying to tame the dragon, “I better get back,” he then ran off.

“That Horntail is a right piece o’ work,” Hagrid said, shaking his finger at the beast.

“Do you think I should tell Harry?” Ron asked Hagrid as they walked away.

“I figured you would anyway,” the half-giant shrugged.

Ron shrugged, “Do you think if I told him, you could show him?”

“I suppose I could do that fer ya.”

“Thanks Hagrid,” Ron said as he parted way from him and carried Courtney up to the castle, where he set her down on the steps.

She transformed back into herself, “Well, I’ve never done that before.”

“It’s okay.”

“Night, Ron,” Courtney said when they parted ways to go to their separate common rooms.

Courtney wasn’t expecting anyone to be in the common room when she arrived, but sure enough, Draco was sitting on the couch. She tried to tip toe her way so that way he wouldn’t see her, but she failed.

“Courtney?” he asked as he stood up.

Courtney slowly turned around to face him, “Yes, Draco?”

He looked down at his feet for a moment, “I thought I’d apologize ahead of time because I did something that you might not be happy with when you find out tomorrow.”

“What did you do?” she practically yelled as she walked closer to him with her eyes wide.

“You’ll find out tomorrow,” he said as he reached for her hand and pulled her closer, “I kind of regret doing it, but it was worth it.”

Courtney just looked into his eyes, “What did you do, Draco?” she whispered as he slid his arms around her waist.

“You’ll see tomorrow,” he said as he pressed his lips onto hers.

She was shocked at first but kissed back as she put her arms around his neck. He pulled from her suddenly and just looked into her eyes, not letting go. She smiled as her cheeks started to turn pink, and she bit her lip.

“I like that you have that habit,” he smirked.

“What habit?” she asked, biting her lip again.

His smirk got bigger, “When you’re nervous, you bit your lip.”

“Oh,” she stopped biting her lip, “I didn’t realize.”

“No, it’s cute,” he smiled this time.

She bit her lip as she felt her cheeks become warm, and then he kissed her again. They then sprang apart as they heard footsteps coming down from the boys’ dorms.

“Draco, what are you doing? Why aren’t you in bed?” Goyle asked with Crabbe at his side.

Draco sighed, “Nothing that concerns you, you oaf. I’m coming to bed now.”

They turned and started back up the stairs. Draco turned to Courtney, who sweetly waved at him. He waved back and followed the two dummies. The next day, Courtney couldn’t help but smile. She made her way down to the Great Hall and immediately lost that smile. There in the entrance way was Kelly and Kamrynn, who did not look happy at all to see her.