‹ Prequel: Fox Tales: Year Three
Status: Active. Updated now when i have time :)

Fox Tales: Year 4

Little Surrey Creek

“What Happened?” Courtney asked as she woke up in her father’s couch and found Kelly on the opposite end of the couch and Maeve in the lazy-boy chair.

Kelly sat up and leaned on her elbows, “What was in that tea?” she asked.

“I have no idea,” Maeve said as she stood up and wobbled a little before she gained her balance.

“We need to get out of here,” Courtney said as she headed for the fireplace, “I should’ve never came here, let alone brought you two here.”

Maeve and Kelly followed her.

“Where are we going?” Kelly asked as Courtney got the floo powder down from the mantle over the fire place.

“Back to where mum and I are staying,” Courtney answered but not all the way.

“And where is that?” Maeve looked at her oddly.

Courtney gave each of them a pinch of the powder, “When we step in, yell Little Surrey Creek,” she explained as she watched for her father, “Go now,” she motioned for Kelly to go first.

Maeve went right after her with Courtney following in suit. She landed on top of Maeve as she came through the fireplace and onto the rug at Lupin’s house. Beverly and Lupin had been sitting in the sitting room, so they witnessed the three girls enter.

“Courtney!” Beverly called as she got up from her chair.

“Mum!” Courtney said as she threw herself into her mother’s arms.

“What happened?” Lupin said, raising from his chair also.

“It was Michael,” Maeve started as she dusted herself off, “He gave us each a drink of tea.”

“We think he put something in them,” Kelly said as she walked up beside Maeve.

Courtney let go of her mother and joined the other two, “We were knocked out as soon as we had a sip of the tea.”

“Beverly,” Lupin said as he motioned for all of them to follow him into the kitchen, “I did not want her to leave this house, especially destined for his manor. Now, that man has done something to your daughter. I just can’t believe that you didn’t think this one through. You know that he has hurt her before.”

Beverly followed him with her arm around her daughter and a look of guilt on her face, “I know it, Remus. You don’t have to give me a lecture like I’m a child. I know I did wrong, and it’ll never happen again.”

Lupin took down some floo powder off a shelf by the fireplace, “I apologize, Bev. It’s just that you and Courtney are all I have left. I can’t stand to know that someone is hurting either of you.”

“I understand,” Beverly said as she took a pinch of floo powder and stepped into the fireplace with her arms still firmly around Courtney, “Grimmwald Place!” she yelled before they were consumed with emerald flames.

When they arrived at their destination, Courtney saw a rather dark room that was decorated with rather old photos. She took it all in as someone else entered the room. Sirius Black was standing in the door, smirking down at her.

“Well, well, well,” he said as he leaned against the doorframe, “Miss. Flint. It sure is nice to see a familiar face around here.”

She smirked back at him, but before she could respond, Kelly, Maeve, and Lupin stepped out of emerald flames in the fireplace and dusted themselves off. Lupin walked up to Sirius, and they embraced each other in a tight embrace.

“Sirius, my dear friend,” Lupin started as he let his friend go, “I have a request of Dumbledore. Is he around?”

“He just left about a half hour ago with the rest of the Order,” Sirius responded, “Why don’t you join the Order, Remus?”

Lupin looked over at Beverly then back at Sirius, “I would, but my place is not there at the moment.”

Sirius nodded as if he understood. Courtney, Kelly, and Maeve just looked around the room as the adults talked. There really wasn’t much to be said by these three, unless they were spoken to of course.

“When should Dumbledore return?” Beverly spoke up instead of just smiling and nodding.

“He should be back tomorrow,” explained Sirius, “You are more than welcome to spend the night, if your business with him is of importance.”

Lupin glanced over at Beverly, who nodded in agreement, “Yes. Thank you, Sirius.”

“In that case, let me show you were you all will be staying,” Sirius started up the staircase.

“Wait,” Beverly said, looking over at the girls, “We can’t just keep Maeve and Kelly here. Their parents think that they will be returning any moment.”

“I will owl them and explain the situation,” Lupin said as he exited the room.

“Well, then,” Sirius said from the top of the steps, “Let’s continue with showing you where you will be staying,” he then motioned for them to follow, as they did.

He opened the third door on the right, when a shriveled up house elf came wobbling out, mumbling under his breath about his mistress.

“Shut up, Krecher,” Sirius scolded him, “Do some work around the house for a change,” he then realized that Kracher had something in his hands, “and return mother’s vase to her dresser,” he demanded as he entered the room, which had four beds that looked like they had been just shoved in because there was barely any room for them.

“Expecting a lot of house guests?” Maeve asked sarcastically.

“Very funny, Malone,” Sirius had a smirk on his face despite his tone of voice, “This is where your four will be staying. I hope you see it fit to your needs.”

Maeve picked up a sheet that had moth holes in them and stuck a finger through one, “Yeah, fit to our needs,” she smirked.

“This is going to be a fun night,” Sirius remarked because of Maeve’s behavior.