‹ Prequel: Fox Tales: Year Three
Status: Active. Updated now when i have time :)

Fox Tales: Year 4

Malfoy did that to you?

“Hello,” Courtney said weakly at the two girls.

Kamrynn had her arms crossed and was tapping her foot, “Our friendship means nothing to you.”

Courtney’s eyes went wide, “Of course it does!”

“Then where were you last night?”

“Let me explain,” but she was interrupted.

“No, you were with Ron,” Kamrynn looked like she was going to cry, “You are a man stealer.”

She turned to walk away, but Courtney caught her attention, “You do remember the doves, right, Kam?”

“You know,” Kelly piped up, “Maybe this whole thing was stupid. Courtney shouldn’t have to prove that your friendship is important. You should just know, Kam. I know that Courtney wouldn’t steal a friend’s guy. No matter how much she liked him, and I can tell that she doesn’t like Ron like that.”

“Thanks,” Courtney mouthed to her.

Kamrynn looked from Kelly to Courtney, “You’re right. Both of you are. I’m sorry, Courtney. For everything,” she then pulled her into a tight hug.

“I’m glad I’ve got my Kamrynn back,” Courtney said as they entered the Great Hall to see none other than Fred Weasley approaching them with a black eye.

“Courtney, we need to talk,” he said as he grabbed her by the arm and drug her back out into the hallway, where he let go of her.

“What is it, Fred?” she said as she tried to hide her smile.

“What did you tell Malfoy?”

Courtney lost her smile, “Malfoy did that to you?”

He nodded, “Yeah, he got detention from McGonagall for it to. Now,” he said changing the subject back, “What did you say to him to make him deck me?”

She shrugged, “Just that you cheated on me.”

Fred’s face softened, “I’m sorry about that.”

“No, you’re not. You just want me to think you are so that way we are on good terms, but no. We will never be on good terms again,” Courtney paused as tears sprang up in her eyes, “I trusted you, Fred. Was it because of the age difference?”

He nodded, “I’m ready to do things that you aren’t.”

“I understand that, but we could’ve talked it out. We could’ve broken up and be on good terms with each other now.”

“I know that. I just didn’t know what to do. I want to be with you. I really do, Courtney, but our age difference is just too much.”

Courtney nodded, “I understand.”

“I love you, Courtney. I always will,” he said as he pulled her into a hug, “Can you promise me one thing?”

“Depends,” she said as she pulled away.

He took his fingers and gently touched her cheek, “Please don’t get together with Draco.”
She then flinched away, “I can’t promise that,” she said as she walked around him and into the Great Hall, where she joined Kelly, Kamrynn, Hermione, and Ron.

“You know,” Kamrynn started as she glanced at the red-head sitting beside her, “I hear there’s a ball coming up.”

“You would know. You know most of the gossip in this school,” Ron smirked at her.

She smiled, “If there is one, I know who I want to go with,” she said as she placed her hand on Ron’s shoulder.

He shrugged it off and then looked at her, “That’s funny because its not me,” he then got up and walked out of the hall.

“Sorry, Kam,” Kelly said as she put her arm around her.

“It’s all your fault,” Kamrynn told Courtney, “If you hadn’t spent so much time with me, he would want to go with me. I know it.”

Courtney shook her head, “Oh, really? I see it as your fault because you didn’t stick by him at all this year. If you really care about Ron, you have a funny way of showing it.”

Kamrynn’s face dropped as she started to cry, “I know it’s my fault. I just can’t stand the thought that I messed things up with him. I really do regret it.”

“Kam,” Courtney said as she got up and went to the other side of the table to comfort her, “It’ll be okay. I’ll talk to him. I’ll tell him how sorry you are.”

“Thanks, Court. You really are a true friend.”

Hermione just watched the two comfort Kamrynn. She couldn’t bring herself to comfort her as well. Ron was all she thought about, all she wanted. Courtney saw it. She looked up from Kamrynn to Hermione to see her keep glancing at the entrance, and then eventually exiting the room.

“I hope things work out with Ron,” Kamrynn said as Courtney got up as well, “Where are you going?”

Courtney smiled down at her, “To talk to Ron, silly.”

“We should have a sleepover tonight,” Kelly suggested as the other two nodded as Courtney left the Hall.

She found Hermione staring out the window at the grounds. Courtney walked up next to her and saw that she was watching Ron from out the window. She shook her head.

“Do you want to go for a walk?” Hermione asked her, “I think I fancy a walk.”