‹ Prequel: Fox Tales: Year Three
Status: Active. Updated now when i have time :)

Fox Tales: Year 4

We are leaving

“Mum!” Courtney yelled for her mother when she saw her, but she didn’t hear her, “Beverly!” she yelled instead.

Her mother turned around and saw Courtney running over to her. She took her in her arms, grateful that nothing terrible had happened to her child. That she knew of anyway. When she let her go, Courtney looked around for Fred, George, and Ginny. They had followed her there. Where could they possibly be?

“Flint!” Courtney and her mother turned to see Amos, Cedric, and Kamrynn running over to them.

“Glad we found you!” Amos said when they reached them, “Wands out,” he said as he motioned for them to follow him.

Courtney pulled her wand out and starting walking with Kamrynn behind their parents and Cedric. They remained quiet, too scared to talk. When they looked around their parents, they saw Harry, Hermione, and Ron standing in a huddle with bunches of Ministry officials, who were all looking up at the sky. There a huge skull with a snake protruding out of its mouth, the Dark Mark.

“That’s my son!” they hear Arthur Weasley’s voice behind them.

He ran past them and up to the huddle. A few moments later, Arthur was walking back with the three. Fred, George, and Ginny walked up behind them as well. They all walked back to the tents, where they found Maeve, Kelly, and Eva. The parents instructed the teens to go into the tent without them so they did. When inside, Fred sat down at the dining room table with Courtney sliding onto his lap. George and Maeve sat next to each other and held hands. Eva, Ginny, Harry, and Hermione just sat down on the couch in the sitting room. All their gazes fell on the two people who had not sat down yet: Ron and Kamrynn. They were just standing and staring at each other. Ron was pale. Kamrynn was crying.

“Ron,” she trembled and he was right there, pulling her close.

They looked into each other’s eyes for a moment before Ron leaned in and kissed her. Courtney started applauding them and the rest followed her actions. When they broke apart, Kamrynn’s face was blood red, and Ron’s ears were a deep shade of rouge.

“Forgot there were people here,” Ron blubbered as his back was still to the room.

“Me too,” Kamrynn said as she went to sit down next to Courtney and Fred.

Ron followed her, pulling the chair next to hers close to her. He took her hand and kissed it, his ears burning even brighter.

Beverly, Amos, and Arthur entered the tent, exploding noises and bright flashed following them. Amos closed the tent up behind them.

“We are leaving,” Arthur informed everyone as they all stood up, unsure, “Now!”

Everyone was moving a lot quicker. Beverly grabbed onto Courtney, Maeve, and Kelly. Courtney waved goodbye to Fred as she closed her eyes to brace herself for the squeezing sensation that went along with a long-side apparition.