Singing in the Shadows

Chapter 5

Image

When we got back to the studio, I heard nothing that had to do with music... "I see the baby has been a nice distraction for you guys," I said, laughing as I walked over to Zacky who was on the couch. Matt and Jimmy were on the floor with Aidan, while Johnny was off somewhere.

"Hey! We haven't seen this little guy in forever. We can have some fun if we want to," Jimmy said.

"Why don't you guys leave him with us for the night so you two can get out and do something," Matt suggested.

My body suddenly went tense at the suggestion. I hadn't left Aidan to spend the night with anyone, and I hadn't even thought about doing so. Call me over protective, I don't care, but I wasn't comfortable with it...

"He'll be fine, Babe," Zacky whispered in my ear, wrapping his arms around me. He could still read me like a damn book.

"I know, I just," I sighed, shaking my head.

"Come on." He stood up, grabbing my hand, and leading me to one of the back rooms. "Let's just go out tonight to try it. We both know that we need some time alone, we haven't been on a date in ages." He wrapped his arms around me as he saw my walls crumbling. "You know the guys will take care of him, we can even have Papa and my mom on call if we need to."

I lay my head on his chest and mumbled, "Alright, fine."

He laughed lightly. "Damn, don't get too excited now." I looked up, giving him a small smile. "It'll be fine, Shen, I promise." He leaned down to give me a simple peck, but I wasn't letting him off that easy. I grabbed the back of his head and held him there for a few seconds longer.

"And that's only a preview for tonight," I whispered against his lips, before walking back to where the guys were at. I could hear him growling something under his breath as I walked away, and it took everything in me not to laugh.

"By the smirk on your face, I'm taking it that we won't be seeing our second guitarist for a little while," Larry said, laughing along with the rest of the guys.

I shook my head laughing with them. "Don't count on it." I bent down to Aidan from Jimmy, who's smile turned into a pout. "You've had him pretty much all day! Let me have my son for a little bit, will ya?"

He huffed, crossing his arms over his chest. "Fine, I guess so."

"Where do you feel like going tonight?" Zacky asked a little later on when we were home.

I shrugged. "Anywhere's fine, you know I'm not picky." I bent down to grab something out of the dryer, and suddenly felt him pressed up behind me. "What are you doing, Mr. Baker?" I asked, laughing.

"Hmm, getting you back for earlier."

I stood up and turned to look at him. "Oh really now?" I wrapped my arms around his neck as he grabbed onto my hips and backed me up against the dryer.

"You're an evil little shit, you know that?" He kissed the corner of my mouth and started making a trail down to my neck.

"And that's why you love me so damn much," I smirked, rolling my hips against his. He grunted and pressed into me harder.

Suddenly, Aidan started crying, automatically snapping me into mom mode. "I am going to have a serious talk with that boy..." Zacky muttered as he pulled away from me.

"It's ok, Baby, you'll get what you want soon enough." I pat his package, and hurried off to get Aidan.

"Evil! Pure evil!"

Oh this was going to be a good night...

"Are you ready yet?" Zacky asked, walking into our closet.

"Give me two more minutes, and I'll be down stairs," I said, laughing at him being so impatient.

"Women, I don't understand them," he said, shaking his head.

I turned to give him a shocked look. "Oh please! I know two guitarist that take the longest time to get ready before a show!"

He looked around as if it didn't phase him. "I have no idea who you're talking about."

"Come on, you freak." I grabbed his hand and walked down stairs.

The guys and girls were all down there, just lounging around. Instead of Aidan staying at one of their houses, they were all just going to stay here while Zacky and I rented a hotel room for the night. It just made more sense seeing how all of Aidan's things were here, just in case they needed something that we didn't pack.

"Alright, all the numbers are posted on the fridge. You know what hotel we're staying at, and the restaurant, then-"

"Shen, it's ok," Brian cut me off, chuckling lightly. "You two go have fun, Aidan will be perfectly fine." I pouted, still not liking the idea of leaving Aidan for a whole night.

"Don't give us that look, Girl. You and Zacky need to go have some fun, now go before I drive you there myself," Shawn said, starting to push us out the door.

"Can I at least tell him bye?" I whimpered.

"No! That will just make you want to stay even more."

"Come on, Baby," Zacky slipped his arm around my waist and led me out to the car.

"You suck," I said, crossing my arms over my chest and glaring out the windshield.

"Not yet." He sent me a wink, before driving off.

Oh that son of a bitch is so getting it later...
♠ ♠ ♠
Outift