Sequel: Picture Me Perfect
Status: Done :D

Paint Me a Picture

Twenty-four

The bullet flew past me without so much as touching me. I ducked down as he shot again. I panicked when I realized Gerard was crawling on the floor, away from the desk and around. I tried to ignore it as another bullet flew past me. It grazed my arm as I hit the floor. My father towered over my body and pointed the gun to my head.
"This is the end, slut. Accept your gift like a good girl should" Suddenly Gerard jumped on his back. Causing random gunshots to pierce through the air. A scream was heard as I shut my eyes tightly, hoping for the best, but expecting the worse. There was a bang as if something was being pushed against the wall. I dared to open my eyes. Gerard had the gun pressed against my father's head.
"Go get the police or something!" Gerard yelled at me. I got off the floor and ran, holding my arm. I was screaming at the top of my lungs. A police officer was by my side in no time and I ran back to the room with him. The police officer took my father and put him in handcuffs. He took the gun.
"I'll be right back to ask you two questions" he said.
"She's also hurt" Gerard said, "Get a paramedic" The officer nodded. I held onto my slightly bleeding arm as I leaned on one of the few desk that had not been knocked over.
"That was brave what you did" Gerard said, breaking the silence.
"That was brave what you did too" I smiled lightly, "Some birthday this turned out to be"
"Yea...I know. I'm sorry"
"Why?"
"I don't know" he shrugged. He shoved his hands in his pockets.
"I'm just glad you're okay. That's all that matters, Mel" I looked at the broken window. There was glass everywhere. The janitors would hate cleaning that up.
"I'm glad you're okay too" I looked back at him. Our eyes connected. He looked like he was struggling in a mental battle with himself. I was curious to what he wanted to say.
"Do you have anything you need to say?' he paused briefly after I asked this.
"No" he finally said, pushing his hair out of his eyes. The police officer came back then and the paramedic started tending to my arm.
"You got lucky" she said. Nah shit.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is my last update for today! Leave me wonderful comments. I'll be updating again at around 5 or 6 am est