Sequel: Picture Me Perfect
Status: Done :D

Paint Me a Picture

Thirty-three

***Gerard***

"She'll be fine" Lindsey said assuringly through the speaker of my cell phone, but I still didn't believe her. Somewhere deep down in my heart I felt horrible. Tears threatened to fall down my cheeks. They threatened to show my fiancee that Melody had always been more than just a roomate and the day I met her she had already been more than just a student. I knew if I let myself cry they would come out as loud sobs. I was used to holding back tears, but this was becoming too much.
Had a I proposed to the wrong person?
"She hasn't come home since she met you" I sighed, twisting a strand of black hair around my finger. I heard her frustrated sigh over the phone.
"She's obviously jealous"
"What?" My heart skipped a beat. Was Melody really jealous of my soon to be marriage? Was that why she had stormed out the way she did.
"I said...she's jealous. Did you not see the way she looked when she saw me. She was giving me the death stare the whole five minutes she was there" She sounded annoyed now. She was annoyed by Melody. My sweet, loving Melody.
"Why would she be jealous?"
"Do you not see the way she looks at you? Her body language? She leans towards you and tries not to make eye contact. The bitch had no problem making eye contact with me though." She huffed. I rolled my eyes. I was now remembering why I had broken up with this girl in the first place. Why had I gone to her house and asked her to come over? Why was I so God Damn stupid?
"You're crazy" I said, but my heart was saying it believed her and it was pulling for me to go find her.
"No I just know girls" There was a beep. I had another call.
"Hold up" I said and switched over before she could say anything.
"Hello?"
"Hey, Gerard" the voice was familar, but it had a more sinster tone to it. I couldn't point out where I had heard the voice.
"We have your little girlfriend here. Eh we kinda kidnapped her for the hell of it" My heart stopped.
"Let me talk to her!" I roared.
"If you say so" I heard russling and then a piercing scream. My heart dropped in my chest. I swear it was starting to be digested in my stomach. It was burning away.
"Aww calm down now, love" The voice said. I could hear someone's heavy breathing.
"Say hello to Mr. Way for me would ya?"
"Gerard!" Melody's voice rung through the speaker, "Help me! Please" She started crying. Another scream was heard.
"What the fuck are you doing to her?!" I screamed. The tears were streaming down my face as the realzation hit me. I loved Melody.
"We're having a little fun with a switchblade" the voice chuckled.
"What do you want from me?" I said in between my sobs of pain. The voice sighed.
"Money, I mean that's why we're doing this in the first place. We got paid"
"By who?"
"None of you business" the voice growled, "Meet me by the docks in an hour with at least a hundred dollars cash and we will give you the girl back so long as you gives up a what we like to call a 'rent'"
"You're crazy!" I yelled. I heard her scream again, even louder this time.
"Tick tock" the voice chuckled and then hung up. I switched back to Lindsey, still crying.
"What happened?" she asked.
"I've got to go" I said and hung up the phone. I was going to save Melody even if it was the death of me.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know I'm horrible :)
Is the subscriber's counter broken now? Like the thing that counts how many people read the chapter has been broken for a while, but now I think that subscribers one is broken too. That freaking sucks