Sequel: The Aftermath
Status: Comepleted! Check out the sequel, The Aftermath.

No Time To Bleed

Smoke- Part 1

“I will chop your head off then, separate it from your body! Do you want that? FREAK!” I screamed.

I took a running dive to try and pass Alexander. His arm jerked out and caught my stomach, socking the air from me.

“You're not running away! Are you stupid?! We have orders to help you! You're stupid!”

We were at a large cement building, one of those places near downtown that was still under construction with tools and stuff around. I was starting to get fed up with the whole kidnapping game.

He threw me over his shoulder and I pounded my fists against his back. “You're lucky I don't have my bat or I'd bash your brains in!”

He ended up leading me down some stairs to some basement. William, who wasn't actually a bad guy and I was still deciding whether or not I felt guilty for slamming my bat into his head. The woman that had been driving the car, Clarissa was her name. She seemed to be their aunt or their mother or leader.

“William, get that girl to calm down why don't ya?” Clarrisa outed.

She was a Sterno cooking some sort of brew. A little boy went up to the stairs and bolted the metal door at the top shut. God, this basement was a dust magnet, no real floors.

I crossed my arms and as Alex plunked me down on the couch.

“Stupid, insolent girl...” he grumbled under his breath. I aimed by boot at his shin and he limped away.

Soon enough, William was next to me. He seemed to be about a year younger and his hair was the same color as his mother, sandy blonde.

“Hey, I'm sorry my cousin has been such a jerk to you. He doesn't do a good job of adjusting new victims.”

“Victims?” I gave him a look like he was crazy, which he probably was. “What are you talking about?”

“We have orders from our uncle, Lion.”

My nose cringed and something foul seemed to enter my sense. “Wait,... Lion? I know his son.”

“Wow! Really!” William turned his head and shouted. “Clarrisa, get over here!”

Clarissa came walking over, wiping her hands on her apron. “What's the problem?”

William shook his head, a feverent smile on his face. “No problem. This.... wait, what's your name?”

I rolled my eyes. “Jasmine.”

Clarissa cut in. “Jasmine, what?! You should have enough sense to use your manners when we saved your butt!”

I looked back at her. “Are you on drugs? Cause I never asked you to hunt me down, shoot me, then drug me up with painkillers, remove a bullet from my shoulder when I was passed out, and then have some boy insult me! I don't even wanna be here so, why don't you shove your little attitude up your as-”

“Wow! Wow! Wow! Calm down!” William jabbed a hand over my mouth and looked to Clarissa.

Was I supposed to be afraid of this lady?

Clarissa shook her head stiffly and seemed to want to say something more. She was smart enough to just ask a question.

“How do you know Max or Ryant?”

William removed his hand.

“I'm not talking. Nope. Not anymore.”

William's eyes widened. “Don't you want to help us find them?! We need to find them!”

Clarissa ducked down to my level. “Do you know how important those boys are to us?
They're family. And we don't take chances with family, especially when it comes to rude little girls.”

Clarissa had all sorts of freckles on her face. I'd probably find her pretty is she wasn't such a raging adult.

“Then, why should I trust you? How do I know you really know Lion or Ryant or Max? You could just be a psycho.”

Clarissa laughed, a dry cackle as she seemed to be getting annoyed. “Do you want to keep playing games?”

“Do you want to find me proof?” I said.

Clarissa stood from her kneeling position and placed her hands on her hips. “Alex! Get me the papers!”

Alex came stomping over a few seconds later with a large file named "Lexicon Incorporations"

Wasn't that where Uncle Trevor worked at?

“Read this paper first.” Clarrisa handed it to me.


2.13.2009
Ryant Brown and Max Brown
Blood Type: Negative
Events: Traits of inorganic cells were discovered after numerous years of testing. May need further research and access verification. Consent of guardian may not fully be provided for further documentation.

4.15.2009
Subjects have been discovered out of access.
Watchful eye may be needed.


“Wait, wait, what does this mean?”

Clarissa cleared her throat and ran her fingers through her hair, looking to William.

He sighed and turned to me. “It means there are people after Ryant and Max. People who want to use their blood.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Wow! Bomb's been dropped!