Sequel: The Aftermath
Status: Comepleted! Check out the sequel, The Aftermath.

No Time To Bleed

Leftover Change

"You know what I don't understand?" Willaim said.

This boy always seemed to have some sort of question. "What?"

We were loading the day's supplies into the "black van" that I had been kidnapped in.

Crazy, huh? A few crazy papers, a meal, and a shower(that was cold) can twist some crazy things around.

Today William wore some army cargo shorts and a trucker t shirt. Clarissa said we needed to do some surveying today, aka look for others. I had no idea why she wanted to it forcibly like with me, but she did. And I knew I wasn't down for that because I had to keep my trap shut if I wanted my plan to work.

"Is everything in?" Alex came over, hands crammed in his pockets.

He had been acting weird since we'd sort of talked yesterday, like he needed to draw that line again between me and him.

I nodded, flipping my hair from my eyes. "We're ready. Is there any chance we drive off without Clarissa and shove Eli in the trunk with us too?"

Alex chuckled in a mask and William's jaw dropped. "What about me?!"

I looked to him, confused. "Um, dude. Calm down. No big deal. You have to stay with your mom."

To my surprise he scuffed a bit at that, then moved away, grumbling as he did.

The sun still found a way to sear on us and I moved into the shade of the van. I leaned back into the seat and breathed, closing my eyes.

Someone's gaze was on me.

"Do you always try and freak people out?"

"Only when those people are you."

I snorted. "And Clarissa. And William. Why do you treat him so bad anyway?" I opened my eyes just to see his expression change.

I went on. "You look surprised. But, when you guys were chasing me down, you were yelling at him, and hitting him with your gun. And he didn't seemed used to you being that way."

His face contorted into anger more. "You know what? Just shut up. Don't talk to me."

I raised myself up a bit from my seat. "So, you think I'm lying?"

His hands crammed even deeper in his pockets. "Just because me and you had a mediocre conversation where I told you about -0.99% of my life doesn't give you permission to be a bitch. You know the tip of the iceberg, so I suggest you try to not act like you know me because I have no problem with knockin a girl's teeth in."

My face turned hot for about the first time in forever as I tried to regain my composure. No words were able to slur their way out of my mouth.

He glared at me for the slowest bit more and stormed off, the gravel sounding under his footsteps. Out of the basement steps came trudging Eli in a heavier than hell jacket fit for winter. He stopped outside the van door near me.

"Eli, please take that jacket off. It's too hot."

Eli did his cute little giggle, something I figured he won out people over to get his way. "Alex isn't always mean, at least not to me. He doesn't like when people make him mad."

Damn, had I really turned into that girl? The one who got a single piece of information and tried to cram it down a guy's throat. So stupid of me

"Alright, people! Time to move out!" Clarissa loud mouth came into the air next.

Did I think I would end up hating today? I believe I would.