Sequel: The Aftermath
Status: Comepleted! Check out the sequel, The Aftermath.

No Time To Bleed

The Man Who Saw God

“Jessica! Stop dancing!”

She had her mp3 in her ears and was doing her nightly ritual.

I was trying to read a book that I’d raided from the airport’s bookstore.

It was some medical book in diseases and disorders, probably beneficial because I wanted to be a doctor when I was older. And Jessica was doing a weird Knees Bobbing and Arms Waving In the Air dance.

Her glad hoots were coming out of her mouth inconsistently.

“Jessica! I need quiet!”

The music was up loud in her ears and she shouting a little too loud.

One disadvantage of a mentally disabled roommate: they didn’t understand when you needed some peace and quiet.

Her hair hung in strands past her shoulders in her skirt and heavy blouse. It had to be past 1 am at least. I decided I’d go out for a walk or some fresh air(metaphorically).
The door went shut softly behind me and I let out an exhale as Jessica smiled and shouted bye to me as I left. The hotel hallways were plush and warm smelling. The floors were typically in a square design with a common area on the same floor, sort of like college dorms.

My footsteps pattered against the carpet.

“No! Stop! Stop!” A heavy thud shook the wall to my right behind a closed door. “Stop!”

A heavy grunt came next and I stepped closer. “You wanted this.”

My knuckles hit the wood off the door a few times. “Hello?”

A door behind me opened and I whirled around.

A woman stepped out with a small blonde girl at her side.

“Um, hi?” I uttered.

The woman looked panicked. “I wouldn’t advise you to knock on that door again.”

Something like glass hit a wall and someone screamed.

“But, someone could be getting hurt…” I battled.

A few more doorways in the hall opened and people were poking their heads out.

No one was helping though.

The woman closed her door.

“Are any of you going to help?!” I shouted, aggravated.

“Jasmine!” Jesse hissed. He came scrambling for me from his room at the end of the hall.

The cast was off his leg and he was walking a bit stiffly, but nearly as efficient as I’d remembered.

“I think a man is in there hurting someone!” I pointed to the door.

He was still walking towards me. “Don’t knock!”

I knocked anyway, slamming my fist into the door. “HEY! OPEN UP! OPEN UP!”

Jesse’s hand reached for my wrist and pulled back.

“Are you freaking crazy?! He’ll-“

The door creaked open.

A man with creamy skin standing at least 6 feet tall and in a t shirt opened the door. The t shirt was soaked in sweat.

He was breathing heavy.

“Can I help you?” he asked.

Jesse turned a beet red, arms pinned to his side.

“There’s a woman in there and she sounds hurt. We need to help her.” I stared him in the eyes, hands at my hips.

The man’s eyebrows rose. “What woman? I live here alone.”

I recognized his extremely masculine face from somewhere. I’d heard his name was Ethan.
He worked at the airport.

“Yes, there’s a woman in there!” My hand slammed to the door and pushed. “Hello! I’m here to help you!”

“Listen. You don’t want to do this.” The man’s voice choked.

“Hello-“

His hand shoved into my shoulder, reeling me backwards and Jesse screamed out. “Hey! You can’t touch her!”

The man’s fist slammed into Jesse’s skull and he went over like a brick.

I let out a scream as blood spewed out my mouth. His hand connected to my jaw and my head flew on its hinges again.

The door to his room closed and silence was only heard in the hallway.

Even with my vision stinging and blood leaking out my teeth, no one came to help me or Jesse.

Something was terribly wrong with this place.
♠ ♠ ♠
Once again, weird chapter, but tell me what you think. I'm uploading all the chapters I have written so I can start fresh(metaphorically) without any no updated chapters sitting around.
So comment!