Sequel: The Aftermath
Status: Comepleted! Check out the sequel, The Aftermath.

No Time To Bleed

Your Peers To Prey

Once I’d finally deciphered the fact that if one Lexicon bathroom was out of Lexicon’s reach than all of them had to be(at least most of them), then my bathroom had to be as well. After I’d made it back to my room, I searched my hands over the mattress of my room and found nothing.

That was until I probed my hands under the mattress and the actual bed. My hands ended up hitting a large stack of papers. I peeled the file out, glad that I had turned the lights off for the least amount of sight from any possible cameras.

I carefully extracted the large, busting file and felt it with my hands. There had to be have been at least a hundred pages in there. Once in the bathroom, I sat to the tiled floor and began to look through the files.

The headlines of some of the pages were in a large variety.

Lexicon Extraction Methods Currently Being Defiled By Courts

Nutrient Gene Discovered, Further Research Will Be Deliberated

Blood Samples of 8% Show Avian Qualities


I stopped short.

Avian qualities? Didn’t that mean birds and flight?

Shivers went up and down my spine in the burning light of the hotel bathroom. I set some of those reports aside and saw patient files. Cece’s file was the one that laid on top.

Cece Valencia

Created: August 8, 1991

Overview: From a very young age, patient showed signs of reluctance to all forms of training. This was brought on due to unauthorized knowledge of living brother. Brother eventually began to show lack luster signs of progress and auditory decisions were forced to be made. Brother’s mortality was eventually confirmed and therapy began on main subject for emotional effects. Signs of depression and self mutilation were detected. Isolationism became the analytical response to such destructive behavior

Test: Electrotherapy, Isolationism, Psycho Therapy, Physical Training, Retina Enhancements, Chemical Balancing, Blood Reconstruction

Faults: Emotional Instability, Psychological Weaknesses, Occasional Hallucinations.


Then, came an array of pictures of Cece during treatment. I pushed the pile away when one showed her at the age of 9 enduring electroshock therapy.

I pondered and pondered the files for what seemed to be hours.

There were blueprints, floor plans, financial records, photographs, receipts from different purchases, credit card records, and blood results.

It was all a mammoth crash course in the inner workings of Lexicon and I knew I couldn’t handle it all on my own.

I exhaled, checking my watch for the time.

Looks like I had to finally call that meeting tonight.

* * * * *

“So, your saying Clarissa came to you while we were in Level A and told you all this?”

I shook my head at Cece. We were all in the old bathroom we’d had the meeting in before. This time it fully included Alex, Cece, Ashton, Ashley, and Jesse.

“Well, she didn’t tell me about the things in the file exactly. She said that her and Ryant and Max were in Level C and someone approached her, saying they trusted me with this information.” I answered.

Ashton and Ashley stood back idily, surprisingly understanding to the fact of Lexicon’s true ways.

“But, why would this person trust you? Who could it be?” Alex asked.

I shrugged. “It could be Lion or my uncle or someone they know.”

“But, we haven’t heard from Lion or Trevor in how long?” Alex retorted.

Jesse threw his hands. He seated against the edge of a sink. “Wow! Wait, who the heck is Lion and this uncle?”

“Lion and my uncle used to work for Lexicon until they found out that the company tested on their employee’s babies. They turned against Lexicon and they’re enemies. Ryant and Max are Lion’s kids. They’re trapped in Lexicon with Clarissa.” I explained.

Jesse pressed his lips back and began to rub his temples. “Ugh, how’d everything get so complicated? I came here thinking I’d be safe. What the hell happened to that idea?”

Alex laughed. “Frankly, this airport was always a trap for people. You give em warm food and a safe place to sleep after what they’ve seen and they won’t ask any questions.”

“And that would make sense…” Ashley muttered. “Because I saw these men in white suits kidnapping people out there, they were herding them back here for some reason.”

Why would Lexicon want everyone in one place?

“And has anyone ever left here?” I asked Jesse.

He shrugged. “I don’t know. I doubt it though. If you did, those guards would be out there stopping you, claiming you’re not in your right mind.”

“And if we actually do all this, go through with this great, massive plan, how in the hell would we even get out of here?” Ashton asked.

“When I was on the roof, I saw some helicopters a while off .You can probably get to them from the deserted area of the airports.” I answered.

Cece then, kneeled down and grabbed a few airport blueprints from the file. “Well, since everything’s all rearranged now we can’t be quite sure. But, I’ll keep these just in case. There are even maps of the three levels.”

Alex leaned back and exhaled a deep breath of air. “This is impossible. How are we supposed to plan this all in a couple of days?”

Ashton and Ashley were busy looking over other pieces of the file.

“Alex, aren’t you the one who told us not to give up?” I questioned him.

He gritted his teeth irritably. “Well, it’s not much different than us going in blind. It’s just a bunch of papers!”

“It’s information!” I argued. “It’s a hell of a lot of information and we can use it! Don’t you wanna kick Lexicon in the ass for all the crap they’ve done! We’re this close!”

The room seemed to turn frozen at the heat of my words. Papers ruffled in Ashton and Ashley’s hands.

“There’s a red circle around this compound in Level C. I bet whoever set up this plan wants us to go there.” Cece mused.

“And in here there’s some sort of numerical code for something, probably to get some information and it has the layout of a Alienware Laptop…” Ashley handed over the two papers to me.

“So, a laptop and some compound in Level C? What does that mean?” Jesse said.

I looked over the two papers and tried to stretch my mind.

“What if all of this is a set up?” Alex nibbled away at the fingernail of his thumb. “I don’t trust this.”

“Why not?” I cut back.

“Alex, these papers are credible. I’ve been in Lexicon for a lot of my life. I’d know.”

“But, that’s not enough! What if we go into this and do something stupid? Go into this and get ourselves killed or other people?”

My face twisted in disgust. “Is this you seriously talking right now? Because I thought you were on board. We have to do this.”

I slapped the file shut before me and all the eyes in the room seemed to see it.

God, he was pissing me off.

A long while passed before anyone else talked.

“Well, I say we try to find out what’s in this compound in Level C first.” Cece concluded. “With these maps, I could probably find a way to using the ventilation system or maybe even luggage ways.”

Everyone nodded and a few more questions were asked.

“We’ll need a distraction though, something that can get everyone’s minds off of the obvious when we plan it.” Ashton said.

Ashley stood, rubbing his hands together and a devious snicker coming from her lips. “I have a plan and it’s something everyone will enjoy.”

“A food fight involving the body guards?” Jesse rose.

Ashley shook her head. “Nope. I’m gonna plan a dance.”

Oh Lord, this was high school all over again.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ah, a dance is ahead! Wooh! I love dances(if music is good) and I wonder who's going to go with who?
Hm, ponder.
And Cece's file was very sad.