Status: Complete.

New Letters/Old Letters

Email.

July 10
Baby Nicko (What is up with your email address?),
So you’re on vacation? Must be nice to just pick up and take off (insert dramatic sigh here). To answer your question: I’m looking for anything I can get my hands on. I just applied for some jobs doing hair and/or makeup a few days ago. I hope I get one. It sucks not having a job. Anyways, I don’t really have to think about my birthday until the end of the month, so I won’t.

Corabelle Serenity,
Your email sounds like a scene kid name! And I would just like you to know that Baby Nicko is my nickname. Nicko comes from my last name and I’m the baby of the family, so BabyNicko it is. Anyways, I’m sure you’ll get one of them. It’s only a matter of time. Things will fall into place soon enough. Look! I’m replying to you the same day as you sent me your letter! Technology rocks! \m/


Dear Mr. \m/
I’m sorry that my first and middle names put together sound like a scene kid name. I did not plan it out like that. I really, really hope I get one of them. If not, I will either have to get a job witnessing or talk to my asshole of a father. If all else fails, there’s a strip club a couple miles away…

July 11
Scene Kid,
Whoa, whoa, whoa. You’re actually considering becoming a stripper? If things are that bad I’ll personally send you money. Don’t sell yourself to the devil, Corabelle. You’re too good for that. Just hang in there. Things WILL get better.


Garrett,
You’re way too kind, but I will not accept any money from you; you do not know me. I hope what you say is true: that things will get better. There’s really only so much more Ramen I can take. There’s only so much more of any of this I can take. I don’t want to feel like a failure, Garrett. I feel so alone in all of this. I don’t know what to do.

July 12
Belle,
I’m sorry you feel like that and I honestly wish there was something I could do. Maybe you should talk to your dad? I know you probably don’t want to after everything that’s happened, but it might be the only thing left. Have you found a new roommate, yet? Maybe that could help you out? You have to know, though, that I’m here for you Belle, you can talk to me. I’m just an email away. If you want, I can give you my number so I’m just a phonecall away when you really need someone to talk to. If not, I’m still here. Tomorrow is a big day for me, so I have to go to sleep. I’ll check my email on my phone throughout the day just in case. Just for you.


July 15
Corabelle,
I haven’t heard from you in a few days and I’m not sure if you’ve been busy or if something else happened. I’m worried, though. I’m worried if what I said was too much and I scared you off. If I did, I’m sorry. If not, then where the hell are you? Just let me know you’re all right, okay? I’m just concerned.


July 20
Garrett,
I’m sorry for worrying you. I couldn’t pay my internet, so it got shut off along with my cable. Then of course, to make matters worse, my phone turned off. I thought I could live without them and I did for a while, but my dad found out about my money problems because my sister tried getting a hold of me and since I don’t have a house phone she called a phone that’s “no longer in service” so she told my dad and he came and saw me the other day. Things were so bad that I had to sell some of my belongings just so I could pay for my rent this month. When I told him how broke I am he wrote me a check for five thousand dollars then gave me a wad of cash. I tried to give it all back, but he insisted on me taking it. I don’t know how I feel about taking money from him, but I feel a lot better knowing I don’t have to worry for a couple of weeks.
I didn’t get any of the jobs I applied for, so I went out and applied at some restaurants and now I’m working at this little place down the street called Crazy Bones. It’s a barbeque place if you couldn’t guess. It’s been all right working there. At least I’m getting paid, y’know? I’ve also put out an ad looking for a roommate. A couple of people have called and I think I found someone. Thank God.
So what happened that was so “big” for you? By the way, I really appreciate your concern. It’s really nice to know someone cares.

Belle,
YOU’RE ALIVE! I thought you died or something! I’m glad you didn’t; that would have sucked. I was checking my email all the time wondering if you wrote. The people I’m with were getting annoyed, but I just couldn’t help it; I was worried.
I’m happy to hear that something good has happened. I’m glad you’re not as stressed as before. As weird as it sounds, I was stressed for you and was trying to figure out some way I could help without giving you money… since, you know, you won’t take it! But anyways, how was it with your dad? Anything else happen other than the money thing?
So you want to know what happened that was so “big?” Well, the band I’m in released an album. It was a very busy, hectic day. I was actually in LA all day, but was too busy to visit you. Would it be weird if I were to visit you? Now that I think about it, you should have done the makeup for our music video. I’m such a dumbass.


July 21
Liar,
You’ve been lying to me this whole time! You’re in a band? That’s exciting! What’s your band’s name? I want to listen to your guys’ music. Ah, that’s so rad. Thanks for hiring me for your music video you jerk! And I will never accept any money you try to send my way because I don’t think it’s right; I didn’t look for a penpal just so they can send me money. I appreciate the thought, though.
Well, what can I say about my encounter with my father? Uh, I was very surprised that he drove all the way down to Pasadena to see me and how I’m doing. I guess he cares enough to not let me live on the streets which is a good thing. Nothing really happened except him asking how things were going. Then when he found out, he immediately pulled his check book out. I know he’s not a completely bad person and he has a heart. It’s just hard to comprehend after what happened with my mom. I have to go to work so see ya!

July 22
Working Girl,
I did not lie to you! I just simply didn’t tell you what I do for a living. I don’t know, I didn’t want it to be all about me once you found out that I’m in a somewhat successful band. So I don’t want to tell you what the name is. I’m sorry, but I think it’s for the better. Now that that’s out there, could you please not look into anything about me? I would really appreciate it. When I’m ready I’ll let you know all about it.
I’m on tour right now, though and I’m so incredibly tired. I definitely hate sleeping on a tour bus. I don’t get enough sleep. Which is what I’m doing right now: trying to get to sleep. It’s not working.


Sleepy Boy,
Well at least you’re in a bus and not a van. I guess I can respect where you’re coming from with your band. SO I won’t ask anymore about it. I’m jealous you get to travel, though; that’s something I’ve always wanted to do.
I’ve been pretty tired lately, too, from work. I work a lot now since they just fired two people, so I’ve been getting a lot more hours. Good is all I gotta say.
What have you been listening to lately? I’ve been listening to The Kills’ Midnight Boom. Alison Mosshart is sexy.

July 23
Sleepy Girl,
The Kills are pretty good. I approve. I’ve been listening to Tom Perry and Ryan Adams. Always Ryan Adams.
Where do you want to travel to? You’re making bank now aren’t you? Big spendah! Sorry this is so short, but I’m about to enjoy some Chipotle.


Gangsta Garrett,
Nice original name you came up with! And YES I am SUCH a big spender. The money is just ROLLING in now. I’ve got so much I just don’t know what to do with myself.
Thanks a lot, now I’m craving Chipotle. Great, just great. I might just have to trek outside of my apartment and down the street so I can enjoy it as well.
Where do I want to travel to? Do you have a while? Hah. Well, I want to go to Europe. Paris, London, Milan. I wanna get a feel of the different fashion cultures. I’m so in love with fashion it’s not even funny. I want to go to Portugal randomly. Uh… New Orleans would be pretty cool. New England, too. Toronto and Vancouver. Hmmm… Seattle. There’s more but the only thing on my mind right now is a chicken burrito from Chipotle.

July 25
World Traveler,
Wow Miss, you really do want to travel don’t you? I’ll let you know that I’ll be going to the UK at the end of September so… TAKE THAT! The only place I haven’t been to on your list is Portugal, Milan, and Paris. I bet it’s beautiful there.
How was your burrito? Mine was pretty damn good. Your birthday is days away. What are you doing for it?


Mr. Bragger,
Geez, way to rub it in my face that you’ve been more places than I have. Jerk.
I didn’t get to Chipotle because I got called into work. What a shame. For my birthday, I wanted to get a tattoo, but I’m not sure I have the money for it. I think I’m going to dinner with my father and sister. That should be fun.
Tell me a story about you, Garrett. I feel like I talk about myself too much.

July 26
Belle (I didn’t feel like making a name up for you),
At least you’re getting hours, right? Just think of it that way! For your birthday, I will pay for you to get a tattoo all right? You might just have to wait until I’m back in California.
A story about me? Hmmm… I was still in high school when my band got signed, so we couldn’t really do any extensive touring until I was graduated. We went on Warped Tour that summer.


July 27
Garrett,
Awh, little baby. I guess I understand why they call you Baby Nicko now. I’m just wondering, why do you still live at home? You’re bound to have enough to move into an apartment or something.
When exactly are you going to be in California again? You don’t have to pay for my tattoo. Why do you keep offering me money?!

July 30
Corabelle,
Why do you keep questioning my motives on why I want to send you money?! Sorry it took so long to write back, we’ve had a lot of press recently. So horrible. I hate press. So much. Need I remind you, little girl, that I am older than you? Stop calling me a baby; it’s not nice. And to answer your question about why I still live at home: it’s cheaper and less of a hassle because I’m hardly ever home anyways, so why move out when I wouldn’t even be there that much anyways?
When I’ll be in California is a surprise. You’ll just have to wait.


August 1
Garrett AKA BabyNicko,
You’re a jerk, you know that right? Why does it have to be a surprise, you jerk! I’m thinking I really like the word “jerk” for some reason.
Awh, little baby hates press? Suck it up, jerk. Wow, I am violent tonight. I’m blaming it on work; it’s been a very long day. I’m off to take a shower then pass the fuck out.

August 2
Mean Girl,
Have you been watching Mean Girls lately? Jesus! How’s work going? Anything interesting lately? Are you excited for your birthday tomorrow? My friend John’s is the day after yours. I’m thinking we’re gonna get wasted. Sounds like a plan.


August 3
Birthday Girl,
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
That is all. Goodnight.
Garrett


Garrett,
You are too kind, Sir. Thank you. I’ll write you a better letter later; I’m about to head out to dinner with my father and sister. Should be fun. I hope you know I’m being sarcastic.

Birthday Lady,
You better have fun tonight, all right? You’re nineteen now! Celebrate!


Gare,
Thank you again. Well, I got back a little while ago. It was slightly awkward since he decided on bringing his mistress. I can’t exactly call her that anymore…
I was pretty pissed at him for doing that since all that happened, but I couldn’t be too mad because she’s actually really nice. I think I understand that my parents weren’t exactly happy the last couple of years of their marriage. It just hurts seeing him with someone else. I miss my mom. It’s weird not having her here on my birthday. It’s like I’m waiting for her to call or show up with a homemade strawberry cake. I’m whining like a little bitch, but I don’t care; I miss my mom.

August 4
Corabelle,
It sucks not having your mom there for your birthday. Trust me, I know. I haven’t been home for my birthday in years, so I somewhat know what you’re going through. It’s just if I miss my mom, I can just call her while you can’t. I’m sorry you lost your mom at such a young age. It really makes me not take my family for granted. I’m having a drink in your honor tonight since we’re celebrating on the bus.
Corabelle, don’t think that you’re whining; it’s perfectly fine for you to miss your mom. And if I remember correctly, this whole penpal thing was a way to help you talk through some of your pain. So don’t feel as if you can’t complain. I’m not here to judge you, all right? I’m here to talk to you when you need it. If I didn’t want to listen to you whine you’d know already. Trust me.


Listener,
Thank you so much for being there for me, Garrett. It really means a lot to know you’re always there to talk to about things I have to deal with even though I don’t really want to. It’s nice to know I can trust you because I feel as if I can’t trust many people anymore. I hate feeling the way I do and whenever I see I have an email from you, I feel a little better. You need to know, Garrett, that I’m here to talk if you need to, too. Any problems you’re having or if you want to rant, email me a long letter bitching about it, okay?

August 6
Cora,
Did we just have a moment? I think we did. I liked it. You’re a cool girl, Corabelle, and I’m glad I responded to your ad on Craigslist. I’ll admit that I was a bit hesitant at first because I didn’t know what to really expect or what I was even getting myself into, but I know now that I really didn’t have to worry. There’s so much more to you, Corabelle. I’m so glad I’ve gotten to know you over the past couple of months.
Sorry, by the way, that I didn’t write yesterday; I was suffering from a gnarly hangover and didn’t get out of bed until after doors opened.


August 8
Wuss,
You’re such a wuss. One night of drinking and you’re out until at least six. Take it like a man! This is where you turn on Take It Like A Man by Wakey!Wakey! Such an awesome song.
Anyways, I’m really glad it was you that answered my ad because I was expecting some creep who wanted me to send him a picture of my tits or something. I’m actually kind of shocked that we’ve kept this up for so long already. I didn’t exactly expect you to put so much effort into helping me talk some things out. I’m really grateful for you because without you being there-just knowing you’re there-really makes things that much easier. I hope you realize that.

August 9
Mah new BFF,
I’m just gonna say that I consider you one of my really good friends, by the way. This tour that I’m on has been one of the best experiences of my life and when I look back on it, I’ll remember my late night email sessions. Knowing that I helped you out in any way really matters to me. I’m not much of a sap, but I’m glad you’re in my life. All right, enough of the mushy stuff! I need to go kill a deer or something to gain some manly credibility back. Jesus Christ.


August 12
Manly Man,
Sorry I haven’t written. Things have gotten bad again. I fucked up, Garret. God, I don’t know why I did what I did. I’m stupid, that’s why. I can’t even look at myself in the mirror.

August 12
Corabelle,
What did you do?! I’m sure it wasn’t that bad. Come on, Sweetheart, you can tell me.


Best Friend,
I briefly told you about my ex-boyfriend in one of my earlier letters, right? How we were together for three years then he broke up with me because he couldn’t take the three hour distance? He tracked me down at work today. I don’t really bring him up because a.)you don’t want to hear about my boy troubles b.) I couldn’t stand to talk about him c.) I’m still really torn up about it. Garrett, I gave this guy everything. We were so inseparable when we were together. Everyone thought we were the perfect couple and so did I. I was so naïve.
Anyways, he came into my work and even though I kept telling him to leave, he continued to sit and order things until I got off. He cornered me in the parking lot and told me that it was a “huge” mistake breaking up with me. I don’t know what the fuck came over me, but we came back to my place and ended up sleeping together. I honestly don’t know what to do. He went up to visit his parents and said he’d be back tonight. God, Garrett, by the time I send this you’ll probably be on stage or something and won‘t be able to give me advice. My anxiety is kicking in.

August 13
Sereney (don’t ask),
First off: you need to breathe. Second off: I really hope you made the right decision. I really have no say in it because I have no insight on this guy because a.) you never talked about him b.) I don’t know him. He sounds like a real asshole, though, if you ask me.


Garrett,
I hate that you don’t read your emails until the early morning. Like really, what if I was dying?

Corabelle,
Hey! Your letter actually came in when I was online! So weird. But if you were dying, I hope you’d know to call 911 instead of sending me an email. Don’t keep me hanging! What did you end up doing?


August 14
Smartass,
I ended up shoving him out the door. I realized that despite everything that’s happened in the past couple of months, I’m doing pretty fine without him. Plus, there’s this other guy…
Anyways, Garrett, where does your lovely tour have you on this bright, sunny day?

Cora, My Darling,
Good for you for shoving him out of your life. You most likely were too good for him anyways. And this other guy, who is he? Tell me about him.
Today I am in Ft. Lauderdale. Woo! Florida! We have a day off tomorrow and we’re going to the beach! Heck yeah!


August 15
Beachbum,
It sounds like a bit of my previous suspicions about you are true! You’re a total surfer! HA!
This other guy Is pretty sweet, but still a complete mystery to me. So we’ll see what happens. What about you, Mr. Nicko? Any lucky lady in your life?

Beauty (Cause you’re name is Belle!),
Nah, no lady in my life. There was at one point, but that’s done with. I really loved her but things just didn’t work out. What are you hoping will happen with this guy? Oh and by the way, I can’t surf for SHIT! It’s late and we’re about to go on! Gonna kick some assss.


August 16
Rockstar,
You flatter me, really. I’m sorry things didn’t work out with your girl. Sucks when the one you love just isn’t there anymore. I’m hoping this guy will whisk me away and we’ll live happily ever after. A girl can dream! How was your beach day?

August 17
Ms. Romantic,
Beach day was good. We had a good family fun day then we got on the bus and drove to Houston. It’s hot here, just sayin’.
What can I say about lost love? Well, with this girl, I was really happy, but I guess some things just have to come to an end. Life sucks and then you die Put on a sad album, wallow, then move on. That’s really all I do. I’m happy, though; there might be a new girl.


August 20
Garrett,
Sorry it’s been a few days, I’ve been busy. Good for you and your new girl, though! How are you?

Corabelle,
I’m freaking fantastic. I’ll tell you why I’m so freaking fantastic! I’m writing to you from the comfort of my own bed. It’s so good to be home. I’m really tired, though. We have to leave first thing in the morning so this is all bittersweet. How are things on your end?


August 21
Happy Boy,
Things are pretty good with me. I’ve just been working is all.

Ms. Vague,
Well aren’t you exciting! Anything interesting going on? Hmm?


August 22
Garrett,
Nothing too interesting is going on. Juuuust work.

Corabelle,
Are you all right? You seem very upset. Did I do something?


Garrett,
Of course not.
♠ ♠ ♠
I told you guys it was going to be long haha. In my mind, Garrett would usually write her back late at night, after they're done playing their shows and meeting their fans. So that's why his replies usually don't come until the next day. And I tried to make it less confusing for you guys to read by bolding Garrett's letters and leaving Corabelle's alone.
If any of it is confusing, just ask me and I'll try to explain it to you. :]

Thanks to the 25 readers, 7 subscribers, and 2 commenters.<3