Status: Complete.

New Letters/Old Letters

In person.

I was lying. I was upset, but I wouldn’t admit that to him. I was upset that he had some girl waiting at home while I had been hinting around at him that I was pretty much into him. It sounded crazy to be into someone you don’t even know the last name of, but it just worked with us. I felt a connection to him.

After working almost two weeks without a day off, I had two whole days off to do nothing and that’s exactly what I was going to do. I was going to put on a sad album, wallow and try to move on. Except the album I chose happened to be “Heartbreaker” by Ryan Adams and anything even remotely Ryan Adams related reminded me of Garrett. I was pathetic. I knew it and would admit it.

It was around one when there was a knock on my door. I really had no idea who it could have been since everyone I knew was either too far to just drop by or working.

When I opened the door, though, I was greeted by a worn down looking boy with messy brown hair. He was wearing Ray Ban Wayfarers eye glasses and looked very uncomfortable. Or maybe it was nervousness I saw in his eyes.

“Corabelle?” He questioned, astonished and I nodded warily. Suddenly, he moved forward and took my face in his calloused hands so he could place his lips on mine.

Immediately, I pulled away and stared at him in shock, “Excuse me? Who the hell do you think you are?!” I exclaimed and he chuckled, showing all of his teeth.

“You sound just like your letters.”

My eyes widened even more; could it be true? “Garrett?!” I asked in complete shock. Garrett was really standing in my doorway. Garrett just kissed me in my doorway.

He nodded sheepishly, “Yeah. I-I’m sorry for kissing you, y-you’re just so pretty. Prettier than I pictured.”

I blinked at him, “What about that girl you were talking about?” I questioned, ignoring his compliment altogether.

“She was you.” Once more, my eyes widened and my head began to spin. “I know you have that guy, but-why are you laughing?” He seemed hurt by my laughter, but I couldn’t help but laugh at the irony.

With a smile, I replied, “That guy was you.” He smirked and I rolled my eyes, “C‘mere” I said then pulled him into my apartment by the black tie he was wearing around his neck and slammed my lips to his while he kicked the door shut.

I couldn’t keep the smile from my face if I tried; I was just so happy. He seemed to be having the same problem I was having since he was smiling widely when he pulled away. “Why are you so giddy?” He questioned with a hint of laughter to his voice.

“You.” I replied simply.

“Me?” He asked as my hands rested on his chest and his squeezed my hips gently.

“Yes, you. You make me giddy.” I giggled in spite of myself and his smirked widened. “God,” I breathed as I looked up into his blue eyes through his glasses, “I can’t believe you’re here.” My hand raised up to stroke his cheek with the back of my hand.

He smiled softly down at me, “Believe it, Babe. I told you it would be a surprise.” He said then leaned down and lightly kissed the tip of my nose. My face scrunched up as I giggled once more.

I felt as If I were soaring and it was getting difficult for me to breathe because of the butterflies in my stomach.

“Do you know how jealous I got because you told me about your ex-boyfriend?” He asked with a slightly smirk then his head perked up, “Are you listening to Ryan Adams?’ He questioned, eyes sparkling. “My Winding Wheel” had just come on which was one of my favorites of his.

“I was listening to a sad album and wallowing.” I explained with a small laugh.

“Why?”

“You got jealous of my ex and I got jealous of the new girl you talked about. So I’m wallowing and trying to move on.”

Gently, he pulled me closer into his body so there was absolutely no space between us. His arms wrapped around my waist and his voice lowered as his mouth came centimeters from my ear, “I don’t want you to move on.” His warm breath hit the side of my neck, sending shivers up and down my spine. Then his lips kissed my pulse point and tingles ran through my body from my toes to the tips of my fingers.

He moved so his face was directly in front of mine, “I don’t think I want to move on.” I said in a low voice then pressed my lips to his for another soft kiss.
---
We didn’t leave my apartment that night. We lied around my living room listening to Ryan Adams and getting to know each other better. He said he didn’t have to be anywhere until the next day when his band was due to play a show at the House of Blues on the Sunset Strip. He turned his phone off, saying something about how I was the only thing he wanted to pay attention to.

Garrett knew just how to make me feel special. He said the right words, looked at me the right way, and held me the right way. All night I couldn’t stop smiling as he retold stories from the tour he was currently on.

“God,” He breathed as we lay in my bed the next morning. We had fallen asleep at around two, after watching Beetlejuice and woken up at around 9:30. “who knew this was what our penpal-ship was going to end up as.” He chuckled and I smiled.

“I know,” I replied from my place next to him, head on his chest. His heartbeat was the loudest thing in my ears, but I was all right with that. “I didn’t go about getting a penpal so I could find someone romantically.”

“I didn’t either.” His left hand was threading itself through my hair, calming me and making me want to fall back to sleep. Suddenly I lifted myself up and stared at him. He seemed rather taken aback by my sudden movement, but he stared back at me nonetheless. “What?” He finally questioned.

I leaned forward and kissed him to which he quickly responded by kissing me back. “You make me happy.” I said once I pulled away.

He smiled brightly at me, “I’m glad you’re not the sad girl I started talking to back in May.”

I smiled back, “I’m glad, too.” I balanced my upper half’s weight on my right hand as my left lifted to brush his hair out of his eyes. “And it’s all because of you.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the delay and how horrible this ended. This was not at all how I saw it ending, but I don't even care anymore.
Comment anyway? :]