An Unexpected Proposal

Roomies and Politics

Madison’s POV

The sunshine woke me up that morning, I laid in bed and thought about what had happened the day before and still couldn’t believe were I was. I got up and brushed my teeth, thank God I had brought a toothbrush with me, and brushed my hair before heading out to the front of the bus. Andy was sitting in the front lounge reading when I came in and stopped when he saw me. I grabbed a bottle of water from the fridge and sat on the couch with Andy. “Did you sleep well last night?”

“Yeah, until the sun woke me up! It was really bright back there this morning.”

“That happens back there. Patrick had to run over to Cobra’s bus to work on some stuff but he said that he should be back. He didn’t want to wake you up since you guys had a late night.”

“Well that was nice of him. So, Patrick says that you’re kind of an old school politics buff.”

“Somewhat. I hear you’re a poli sci major.”

“That would be true.” I was so excited to have someone I could talk about political philosophy with that I couldn’t wait to get started. We were in a deep discussion about Marx and Machiavelli when Patrick walked in.

Patrick’s POV

I walked in to find Madison and Andy in deep conversation and they seemed to be hitting it off pretty well. “Hey guys! I see you’ve made yourself at home.”

“Yes I have. You were right about Andy, we’ve been discussing the political fate of the world for the past thirty minutes.” She stood up and walked over to me for a hug, she looked perfect in my clothes. I kissed her on her forehead and she giggled a little, Andy couldn’t help but laugh too.

“Aww, that was so cute.” He couldn’t help his sarcasm, it kind of runs rampant around us.

“Ok Andy. We have sound check anyways so get your ass up off the couch.” We both laughed and he headed off the bus. “I ran into Ashlee and she is going to come by in a few minutes so you guys can go shopping. I’m going to give you my card and you can get whatever you want, don’t worry about the money.”

She looked down at the ground and I could tell she was going to question it. Luckily I had prepared for that. “Patrick, you shouldn’t pay for that stuff.”

“I thought you might say that, but I asked you to come with me so I’m paying for it. I already told Ashlee and she said that she would make sure that I was the one paying for stuff, so I kind of already gave her my card. Now you can’t argue with me about it!”

“Patrick!” She smiled and playfully hit me. “Well aren’t you prepared for everything?”

“Well, you know, that’s kind of my thing.” She laughed at me as I pulled her close to me. “But I have to get to sound check so I probably won’t see you until after the show because that girl can shop for HOURS.” Madison looked up into my eyes seductively and I couldn’t keep myself from leaning in and kissing her. I hadn’t planned on it but there was something about her that kept me from keeping myself under control. It was all I could do last night to keep myself from being all over her especially after that kiss before bed, I had told myself that I was going to be a gentleman but if she keeps this up it’s not going to be an option. When we pulled away I just stared at her in a daze trying my hardest to control myself.

She giggled, “Don’t you have a sound check to get to?”

“Oh yeah, umm I should probably get to that. I’ll see you later!” I walked off the bus to look cool, but on the inside I was pretty excited about what was to come. Again, she was all I had on my mind as I walked to sound check.