An Unexpected Proposal

Shopping with Ashlee

Madison’s POV

Patrick had been so sweet and nice to me, he was genuinely interested in me which hadn’t happened in a while. Most of the guys I had been involved with had treated me like crap or like a possession rather than an actual person; I had promised myself that I wasn’t going to let that happen again. So far it seems that I’ve kept that promise. I got dressed just in time to hear a knock on the bus door and hear someone call out hello. “Be there in a second!” I walked out into the front lounge to find Ashlee sitting “Hi, I’m Madison.” I stuck out my hand to shake hers.

“You’re all the other bus has been talking about. You caused quite the scene yesterday!” Instead of shaking my hand she gave me a hug. “I was so excited when Patrick came to talk to me this morning. Are you about ready to go, because I’m really excited about this? I don’t usually get the opportunity to go shopping with another girl since there’s only guys around here.”

“Yeah, I just have to grab my purse from the back and then we can go!”She was a little much for me to handle but she seemed like she was really excited about it and wasn’t doing it just because Patrick had asked her to. I grabbed my bag then we headed off to the mall. We got to know each other a little better on the car ride over and I began to feel more comfortable around her and not as overwhelmed.

When we got there I headed for the discount stores that I usually shop at passing the higher end stores, Ashlee had a confused look on her face as she turned into Diesel and I kept going. “Wait, where are you going?”

“Down here.” I said as I pointed to a more “modestly” priced store.

“Oh no. You’re shopping with me now, only the best. Now let’s go get some jeans!”

“I already feel bad enough about Patrick paying for my clothes; I’m not expecting him to pay $200 for a pair of jeans.”

“Patrick thought this might happen, he told me not to let you go all cheap. So what if we mix and match your stores with my stores? That way everyone will be happy.”

I thought about it for a few minutes than finally decided her idea wasn’t so bad. “Ok, I guess that would work.”

“Thank God! There was no way I was going to be able to shop in your stores all day, no offense but I need my designer jeans!” We both laughed as we walked into Diesel. Ashlee was making me try on all kinds of clothes, some of the things were not what I usually wore but I liked the look. They were a more polished and sexier version of me than what I was used to. We had been shopping and talking for a while about pretty much everything, and then the subject turned to Patrick. “You know you were all he could talk about this morning?”

I blushed and found myself feeling a little self conscious, “No, I didn’t know that.”

“Yeah, you guys must have had a great night last night ‘talking’. He just kept going on and on about you.”

“No, we really did just talk last night! Is everyone really going to think that we slept together last night?”

She laughed, “I know all you did is talk, but yes everyone is going to think that. Patrick is a good guy, he’ll set them straight. Don’t worry about it too much. But in all seriousness he really likes you. He might not say it but I could tell by the way he was talking about you.” I was blushing really badly now and all I could do was look down at the ground. “You would think that you two had been together for months instead of just meeting yesterday. He usually doesn’t act like this or open up that quickly.”

“It’s the same way for me. I mean I never in a million years thought that I would be on tour with Fall Out Boy because I made out with Patrick at a meet and greet and he randomly asked me to come with them. This is all way over my head but I feel like he knows me and he really cares. I don’t know, this is just… different. I mean I’m not here to sleep with him, I just wanted to slow things down. I’m here to get to know him and just see what happens after that.”

“I get it. Patrick is amazing and I know that he does care about you it’s just happening really fast for him too. But enough of that, we have to pick out a nice outfit for tonight!”

“Wait, what’s tonight?”

“Pete’s the DJ at a club tonight and we’re all going. He was in a rush this morning he probably just forgot to mention it.” She was probably right, I decided to just let it go. We shopped a little more then headed over to Victoria’s Secret, our last stop. “This store is on me, not Patrick. But only under one condition.”

“Ummm, ok. What?” I was a little scared and hesitant to hear what her condition was going to be.

“Not only do you get the essentials but we also pick out some cute lingerie and other stuff too, just in case.” She had the same sneaky smile that I noticed Pete had last nigh before Patrick came in.

“What did I tell you earlier about slowing things down and not going too fast!”

“I know. I know, but you do have to be prepared just in case something does happen or you change your mind.”

She did have a point, I mean what if I did change my mind at some point? “Ok, but this is just between you and me! I don’t want everyone else knowing about this little purchase.”

“Great decision! Now let’s do this.” We had a lot more fun in this store than the others just joking around. By the time we finished there it was late and we both had more bags than we could carry and we had to head back to the venue so we could get ready because I still wanted to see the end of their set since I missed it last night.