Status: Main; active.

No Way to Say Goodbye.

First Day Stumbles.

“Hannah, c’mon dear, it’s six. Time to get ready for your first day at school,” Maggie hollered from the hallway.

Grumbling from the lack of sleep, she stumbled out of bed and went straight to the shower. As Hannah wrapped the towel around her body, she scrambled through her closet in order to find the perfect first day outfit. She wouldn’t have had to worry about this back home, but seeing as how she was a new senior on campus, she thought she’d have to make an acceptable impression for Forks High.

Deciding between the plain red long-sleeve or decorative white short-sleeve shirt, her grandmother peeked into Hannah’s room. She told her to go with the white one, so that way Hannah would be able to wear her black cardigan and matching flats. Clicking her tongue with a wink Maggie left her granddaughter to change. Maggie was in her seventies, yet she seemed to know what looked good apparently.

Taking a grand final stare at her outfit, Hannah sweep her hair into a purposefully messy bun and pulled her bangs to the side. Sighing, she lifted her backpack to her shoulders and skipped down the stairs. Breakfast for today was a bowl of cereal seeing as how if Hannah waited for her grandfather’s pancakes she’d for sure spill some syrup on her outfit and have to go change.

“Keys are on the table Miss Hannah,” Her grandmother peered around the large newspaper.

Wide eyed, she replied, “I can take the truck?”

“Of course,” Her grandmother smiled. “Besides, it’s supposed to rain all day.”

Thanking her grandmother with a light peck to her cheek, Hannah made an escape for the front lawn. Seeing that her grandmother was right by the fresh dew on the still crispy bright green grass, she entered the truck after it’s initialing beep. On the way to school Hannah’s nerve’s we starting to get the best of her. Was she going to make friends? Would they accept her?

Jumping down from the beast and walking up the stairs to her school Hannah nearly came close to the ground when she underestimated the step size. Her hands reaching out in front of her she was soon standing straight from the tug on her backside that permitted her first day fall. Face flushed, Hannah smoothed out her hair and before she could turn and thank her savior, they were already standing in front of her, a smirk nonetheless.

“Thank-you so much,” Hannah smiled at the boy.

Tilting his head awkwardly to the side he looked up towards the sky, as if deep in thought, “Didn’t know you went here,” he whispered and when he got caught with the odd statement proceeded to tell Hannah in a proper voice, “very pleased to meet you, and the pleasure is all mine.”

With that, the boy gave a simple head nod, smile and briskly started to walk in the other direction. Raising her arm to stop him Hannah yelled, “I didn’t catch your name,” but he must have been too far ahead to hear her she thought and continued to mingle with her student body.

Reaching what a piece of paper told her was her locker she laid her backpack on the floor. Surprised she opened it on the first try Hannah spilled her books inside and left out her anatomy book. Apparently this school allowed that to be substituted for a science class seeing as how at Hannah’s old one she took the highest AP science credit given. Oh well, she thought and silently sauntered to anatomy.

Right when she took a seat, she looked to her left towards the window and there was the boy that helped her from the fall. Shy with embarrassment, for once in her life, Hannah gave him a small smile which he returned happily. She very badly wanted to know his name, and was saddened when he didn’t hear her ask him. Probably because she was so soft spoken.

“Damn it,” she laughed to herself.

She had to admit that this new guy was pretty cute. She loved the way that she’d only known of him for two seconds but his eyes could sneak into your soul and make you feel loved. They definitely were something special. Sadly, all he had going for him was his eyes. His smile was cute, but it didn’t spark her like…Jacob’s.

Jacob. She thought and leaned her cheek against her palm.

With his tan skin, and warmth. Or the way he seemed to open to her, even after he’d told her how he felt after Bethany. Hannah had to admit that she didn’t like saying her name, so Jacob would fill in that blank when Hannah couldn’t. Then, that kiss. Oh! There were so many thoughts racing her mind when his lips kept coming closer and closer. Originally, she would have waited a bit longer, just to get that extra teasing time with Jacob, but part of Hannah couldn’t wait.

“Good morning class, and welcome to anatomy. I’m Mr. Ferguson, last year students called me Fergie so please feel free to do the same thing,” He gave a warm smile before setting his things down and leaning his behind on the edge of the desk. “So, who knows anything about anatomy?”

“I know it involves the body,” a girl shouted out.

“Right,” Mr. Ferguson waited hoping that we knew more than that. “Anything else?”

Raising her hand, Hannah wanted so badly to answer this question. Afraid; she was the new student and that she should just wait it out, Mr. Ferguson had called on her, “Yes?” He pointed with his head.

“Anatomy has to do with the biological and medicinal outlooks to the body, but then there are also different branches to anatomy itself,” Hannah explained, legs going up and down underneath her table.

“What’s your name?” He cocked his head, reaching behind him for the list of students.

“Um,” Hannah stammered, “Pierce, Hannah Pierce.”

Shaking his head in approval, Mr. Ferguson declared that he would not be giving our class homework on the first day. Everyone exploded with praise, and soon enough Hannah was told that she was ‘awesome,’ and a ‘genius.’ She wouldn’t complain so far. Maybe today wouldn’t be so bad after all.

Catching herself to look at her man-savior, Hannah gave him a cheesy grin. He shrugged, obviously he didn’t care. This bothered Hannah. She knew she was smart and all she wanted to do was fit in, so why was this nameless jerk who wouldn’t even introduce himself giving her a mere shrug of his shoulders?

Sighing more to herself, Hannah began to take down the notes that Mr. Ferguson said would be essential for the test in a month. Groaning, Hannah’s classmates were soon threatened with homework but decided against complaining any longer. Too bad this school reminds me of being back home, Hannah thought and finished scribbling the remains of the note taking.

When the bell rang, the boy sitting by the window waved good-bye to her. So he was able to wave like they were actually friends, however he wasn’t able to give her the light of day; tell her his name? He knew her name, and even if she had said it in front of everyone in the class room he was already a point ahead of her in the game, whatever this game was.

Making her way out of the classroom, Mr. Ferguson asked Hannah if she was free on Thursday’s because he gave tutoring lesson’s for the ninth grade regular science students. Even though it was the first day, and she was excited that she’d proven herself no more than an hour ago, she kindly replied that she’d let him know by tomorrow.

“I think you should do it,” a voice said.

“Huh?” Hannah turned to the right, but saw no one.

“You seem smart,” the voice said in her left ear now.

Snapping to the left, Hannah saw the boy by the window. He was crouched down, but quickly gained his dignified posture. He quickly rose and dropped an eyebrow, scanning Hannah lazily. Disgusted at his attempt to ‘check her out’ she slammed her locker shut. Why was he talking to her? Well, she wasn’t going to talk back if he wasn’t going to properly introduce himself.

As she got a foot away from him, knowing he was just standing there watching her walk away, Hannah stopped to turn when the boy yelled, “I am Edward.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Annnnd he makes his appearance!

Stats for story as of Nov. 12th '10:
Comments: 23 ; Readers: 122 ; Subscribers: 26
Thanks, my lovely lovely readers! :)