Status: Main; active.

No Way to Say Goodbye.

You're not human.

Fluttering her eyes open a few times, Hannah rubbed them hungrily. She wanted to wake up and see that everything was back to normal, sadly it was only midnight. Rubbing her sore head, and walking through the darkness Hannah found the bathroom. She didn’t even need to turn the light on, when she washed her hands either. On her way back to the bedroom Hannah got into the very cozy and delightfully warm bed. Turning to face the window, something clicked in Hannah’s mind. Scooting over to the edge of the bed, she began to scream.

Being the first to his room Jacob flipped on the light switch and fell to the floor beside her, “Hannah. Hannah, what’s wrong?”

“No,” she moved closer to the back wall, “you’re—you’re not human.”

“What’s going on?” Seth’s sleepy eyes were first to be seen, followed by everyone else towering over him.

“You,” Hannah pointed over to Paul who looked down, “I saw you two! I saw,” a tear fell to the floor when Hannah couldn’t back up any farther.

“Hannah, what did you see?” Jacob cooed, letting her know it was alright to say.

Shaking her head, she rubbed her lips together to melt away a tear that had fallen on them. There was no way she was going to admit that the boy she was smitten for, and one she was beginning to feel attracted to were—were those huge, ugly beasts that Seth mentioned.

“How could you Seth?” Hannah spat, still whispering. “You were talking about them.”

Placing a hand on Hannah, Jacob tried to explain, “Hannah, it is not Seth’s fault by any means. It is mine. Now I need you to calm down, please,” His eyes looked pained, but Hannah’s looked more so.

Grabbing on to thick portions of her hair, Hannah tried to stand, “I don’t need your help,” she seethed and pushed Jacob away from her. “Does this mean—“ she fell to her knees, she couldn’t even comprehend what was going on, or why she was even really crying. But it simply felt right.

“What Hannah? Here, let’s go down stairs,” Jacob lifted her up easily, and hurried down the stairs to sit her on the couch.

Seeming that laughter was the best way to talk this out, after Hannah told the guys what she remembered, the last thing that came out of her mouth got them all to join with her, “I’ve kissed a wolf.”

Jacob had done a successful job at getting her to calm down, but Paul also aided when Jacob went to aid Emily to make Hannah some hot tea and grab her a blanket after they’d explained everything. Paul, was now in his time out zone. Sam was sitting on the chair watching him though, making sure he was fully tranquil. He’d finished fighting and getting out all of his anger, so he was sitting on the arm of the sofa, gently stroking Hannah’s tiny hand compared to his much larger one. It felt nice, to the both of them. Hannah smiled up at him, but oddly enough, Paul couldn’t bring himself to smile back. And he wasn’t even sure as to the reasoning behind it, except for that he’d succumbed to Jacob’s plea; he admitted he did have some feelings for Bethany way in the past.

Hannah nibbled on her lip continuously, as Paul absentmindedly pet her hand. All she wanted to know that everything was going to be alright was to see Paul’s face and be able to look into his strenuously deep, angry and calm eyes. But he looked away the moment Jacob told Hannah to drink her tea. It was quite good she had to admit.

Finishing it off Hannah looked over at Jacob’s leg, “what happened?”

Shrugging he nonchalantly answered, “I broke it, nothing to worry about though,” he half-assed a smile.

Violently shaking her head, Hannah disagreed, “and you ran up the stairs when I screamed, and carried me down them?”

“Yeah it wasn’t so bad,” he lied, not purposefully though.

Before Hannah said this she squeezed Paul’s hand, “did you get hurt too?”

Staring at the floor he nodded and lifted his black shirt to reveal the large gash that the bandage was starting to come off of. Without thinking, Hannah reached her hand up to soothe it. Even though Hannah’s touch was soft as light, Paul still wound up grinding his teeth and winching. So, Jacob had a broken leg and Paul’s back was literally revealing his tendons, yet they declared not to be in any pain. She wasn’t buying this, but decided against arguing for all of a sudden a drowsiness had overcome her, making her fall into Jacob’s lap and not even know it.

When Hannah woke for the second time that morning she found that she was alone on the couch. That she was wrapped snuggly in her thick blanket like a caterpillar in its cocoon. Breaking free one arm, and finally the other she managed to reach into her pocket to pull out her cell phone. She had two missed calls from her grandparents, however she was appreciative that it was ten and not some ghastly hour.

“Hey grandma, it’s Hannah. Sorry I think I fell asleep at Jacob’s house,” she said loud enough to cover the noise coming from the kitchen.

After she ended the call, Hannah felt warm hands glide across her shoulder and up to her neck where the hands pulled her hair back as if making a ponytail. Combing her hair gently, Jacob bent over to place a delicate kiss on the back of her neck and then the side of her neck. “Good morning sleepy head,” he said aloud but whispered the word beautiful into her ear.

With every single piece of hair on her entire body rising, she hastily turned on the sofa to face him. Jacob had both hands on the back of the couch, and he smiled down at Hannah. All of a sudden Hannah mouthed I want you to kiss me, before tucking a tray hair away. He rolled his eyes at her shyness before doing exactly what he was asked, happily.

“Mmm, what are you making?” Hannah stood and looped her arms around the back of Jacob and followed him into the messy kitchen.

“French toast, but I can’t promise it’s not burnt,” he gave a low chuckle before grabbing Hannah’s hand that were linked across his mid-section and placing yet more kisses on them. “Emily started it, but I of course wanted to try and finish.”

Giggling Hannah freed herself from him and said plainly, “that’s what butter and syrup are for, duh!” Obviously letting him take all the credit, for trying.

Giving a low laugh in return, Jacob wasn’t sure as to why she was acting like this. They had gone over pretty much everything last, well this morning so he expected Hannah to be freaked out. She seemed to take to this a lot better than this morning, Jacob smiled. Well, he might as well soak it up while it lasts, right?

“Exactly,” he winked and got their breakfast ready.

When they were finished Jacob suggested Hannah go home and chill out and that maybe later on that night her and him could catch a movie or something where it really could just be them two. Hannah liked that idea, seeing as how she hadn’t quite yet let everything settle yet. She was glad Jacob hadn’t anymore secrets, although this was a huge one. But moreover Hannah was sort of excited that something like this was actually coming into her life. Maybe that was the reason behind her being so giddy.

“Hey Jake?” she had rolled down her window.

Smiling at eye level even when she was sitting in the truck Jacob asked, “yes?”

Playing with a loose piece of hair, this was difficult to do. Was she ready to ask him this question? What if he just wanted it to be casual, and nothing major now that he got his biggest secret off his back? What if now, they would just go on being friends? Hannah, thought that this was the make it or break it moment. She was never going to obtain the courage that flooded her body now again.

Licking her already wet lips she proceeded onward, “ can we,” she huffed softly trying to get the wording right when Jake’s father came out of the house saying he had an urgent phone call.

“I’m so sorry,” he whispered and kissed the nip of her nose before he left. “Hold that thought, I’ll call you.”

As he ran back into the house, Hannah was glad that before he totally disappeared he gave her a small wave. Even though he had a broken leg, he was able to run on it. Man, that boy was tough.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh no...what was she going to say?
>.< Only I know! Muahaha!
Hope you all had a fabulous weekend.
I strained my back and didnt have to work, oh goody! Lol.
Oh, here are the stats:
Comments: 34 ; Readers: 169 ; Subscribers: 34
THANK YOU! :)