Status: Main; active.

No Way to Say Goodbye.

Cranky Jakey.

Jacob can’t seem to find the reason why he keeps kissing her. She doesn’t stop him, though she does keep asking why he keeps doing it when she needs to leave. But that’s the thing, he doesn’t want her to leave. He wants her to stay with him, in the comforts of where she will be one hundred thousand percent safe. However, he does bask in the fact that he knows Hannah knows he’ll keep her safe. It definitely makes his confidence climb.

“I’ve got to go,” Hannah pats his head.

“I’m a wolf Hannah,” he says. “Not a dog.”

Laughing at his evil glare she asks, “there a real difference?”

Acting as if he was actually going to go into depth of explaining the true differences, she puts a finger to his lips. She leans forward and kisses his forehead while he closes his eyes, only to have them jerk back open when she lightly gives his cheek a few ‘love’ taps.

“Alright get going before I change my mind,” He jokes.

Making the ‘pssh’ sound Hannah replies, “yes father.”

Shaking his head and making a slightly disgusted sound and face Jacob groans, “ugh don’t say that.”

“Father,” Hannah whispers.

“You are so sick,” He laughs while rubbing her hands that are placed on the rolled down window.

Shrugging, she watched him take a step back before rolling her window all the way up and sticking her tongue out just before reversing. It was so nice to just be with Jacob today that Hannah felt her shoulders and body immediately and completely relax the moment she got into the shower once safe and sound at home; Jacob making sure of this fact.

Being in the festive mood, Hannah grabbed out a large bag from the top of her closet and carried it down to where her grandmother was sewing away. Her grandfather was asleep in his recliner—men and their naps, Hannah thought before walking over to her grandmother and sitting below her, smiling.

“So, how was Jacob’s? Did he like his gift?” Maggie asked, trying not to squirm from the tickling brush on her toe nails.

Slapping her free hand to her head, Hannah forgot all about giving the damn gift to him. Well, they were both sort of busy what with her sleeping and him running about. So, Hannah decided it was best to tell the truth. She told her that she had completely forgot once she fell on some icy mud. Maggie chuckled at her granddaughter but asked if she was alright of course.

By the time Hannah had decorated her grandma’s toe nails, Maggie had red toes with green dots all over them. Hannah, did the opposite but took herself to finish her work up in her room where she also took another cup of hot cocoa. For some reason though, Jacob’s tasted better. She smiled thinking about him and she placed tiny red dots repeatedly over her nails.

Christmas was pretty fun, actually. Except the part where she got a random gift by the front door. It was extravagantly wrapped in a metallically red paper, and a tied with an elegant gold bow. When she opened it there was a transparent hourglass. Scribbled on a tiny piece of thick paper read:
Hannah,
A week before your eighteenth birthday, turn it over and see the ‘magic.’


No one had signed it and it was very decorative script; the hand writing was. So with a small smile she placed it on her night stand and gazed into it for a long time. She was very curious as to who would give her a gift such as this. It was beautiful, though. On the top it looked as if it were the clearest water inside. But on the bottom was the pretty white sand, very similar to the color that Jacob’s necklace had inside of it. However, it couldn’t be Jacob who did this could it? Hannah shook her head of the thought.

But who would spend that much anyway?

* * *


Over the rest of the holiday break, the only other time Hannah and Jacob really hung out was on New Years, because they both had the mindset to be together from one year to the next and surprisingly it was Hannah who started their little lip locking session. Jacob had it constantly on his mind but he was glad when Hannah jumped up to him and glued her mouth to his. Also, while Hannah on his thoughts (when was there ever a time she wasn’t) Jacob remembered how pretty she looked. With little make-up, and her hair in those loose curls he played with all night long made him really appreciate the finer things. Normally he wouldn’t find himself caring if a girl did her hair—he never really fixed his anyway. Or he thought a true woman was one that used make-up to enhance her great eyes or lips, not mask them; who wants to kiss something sticky, right?

The week that school started back up, Jacob found himself too literally be in some kind of hell. All his classes were a drag. Why he was even in school was pointless, but once he got that wolf trait down it was time to get serious. He especially hated math though, maybe Hannah would be able to help him with this. He also knew he wouldn’t be able to wait until this weekend to see her. Sam was being an ass for making patrols so long and strenuous. Didn’t he know that Jacob now had a life? Couldn’t he, along with all the guys hear him?

“Sheesh,” he whispered loudly.

The girl who sat next to him in history, Kelsey Michaels glanced over and quizzically rose an eyebrow. Jacob shrugged which made Kelsey scoot her seat over. What stick wound up her behind was unclear to Jake but he mentally stuck out his tongue and huffed shaking his head towards the window and watched a few raindrops glide on the clear window.

Embry and Quil, the dynamic trio, almost like the three musketeers, walked on either side of Jacob as they managed to make it to his car after being completely soaked by the huge drops of Washington rain. All three of them shook, like dogs, go figure; to rid of the water that clung to their hair as well as their clothing.

“Sucks that Hannah goes to another school huh?” Embry said.

“Yeah,” was all Jacob replied being too busy focusing on the road.

Shifting his head to look over at his friend, Embry gave a nice tight and smug smile, “sucks that Hannah is going to become best friends with that Edward guy huh?”

“Yeah—whoa whoa,” Jacob shook his head and turned to glare. “Someone’s an asshole.”

Grinning, Embry waggled his eyebrows and announced, “aw, now that wasn’t very nice Jakey.”

“I second that,” Quil spoke loudly from the back seat.

The two boys in the front gave each other a look before Embry leaned towards the back and tried to ruffle up Quil’s hair, but failed successfully. Quil basically became one with the back seat so Embry couldn’t reach him. All Jacob could do was occasionally look into his rearview mirror and laugh. He loved his friends, and it was honestly nice to go back to regularity—school, having a somewhat decent schedule, and enjoying life.

However; he knew that wasn’t going to be the case for very long. He was turning eighteen within days: January 14th to be exact. Also, deep down to the sole core of his bones he could feel himself shudder. The reasoning was unknown but Jacob only ever got this feeling when something eerie had happened or when something was about to occur. He shook the feeling away instantly and drove the couple minutes it took to his friends’ houses.

“You alright Jake?” Her voice laced with concern.

He gave his head a quick nod, “yeah. Just… freaking out I suppose," he sounded almost bored.

Hannah had come over after school that day. She was supposed to be ‘tutoring’ Jacob with his math—like he’d proposed, but for some strange reason his focus was blurry. He kept getting irritated with Hannah, or flustered. Which was strikingly odd. Normally he would love having her over, to be spending time with her but just not today.

It wasn’t even her per say that was making him feel this way either. He was annoyed with her; not at her. That was, until he looked across the table to see her sitting in the chair like this: knees close to her chest, hair covering most of her face, and looking down at the necklace that he’d given to her which made him smile that she never took it off, but only to himself would he allow that happiness to be visible.

Even when she spoke, Jacob wanted to scratch his nails along a chalkboard just to mask the sound. Something just was not right. “Are we almost done?” Jacob asked as he finished writing the last equation in his notebook.

“Uh, yeah.” She prolonged the last word and kept her eyes locked to his, even if he was purposefully not looking at her. “You sure you’re—“

“Hannah, please! I’m fine. Can we just finish this, please?”

Seemingly sensitive today, she agreed softly. She explained the differences of pre-calculus to him, and even wrote down a little acronym to help Jake remember the order of certain equations for the step by step processes. When she finished she scribbled on the next page, looking upward to see he wasn’t paying her no mind. Saddened by this fact, she slid his notebook back over to him and got up from her chair.

“Bye,” she whispered once she reached his side and cautiously kissed his cheek.

He watched her walk out of his house. Literally fisting his own face, he grew ever more irksome. He was actually acting like a prick, even if he couldn’t explain that he had no control. His body was making him feel this way; maybe Sam would know what was going on with him and his sudden weirdness.

Usually he didn’t like Hannah to walk outside without him so much as watching, but by the time he hurried she was gone. He kicked the bottom of his front door, and walked back inside. He needed to talk to Sam—his father was with some elders until later tonight so he had to use his available resources.

“Hmm,” Sam sat back in his chair.

Paul had just left to go patrol, in which Jacob was glad for. He didn’t want Paul thinking that he’d possibly started to effect Jacob. Jacob normally wasn’t an angry person but with Sam making him wait for a response, his temper was edgy.

“So?” Jake asked sighing with exasperation.

Sam got up and walked over to the boy and placed his hands firmly on his shoulders. Sam wasn’t even sure what was going on. It was not possible to have two imprints; however it was possible to become crippling due to the fact that Jacob’s true love was no longer with him. Maybe Jacob was trying too hard to make Hannah something that she was never going to become and he was getting irrational on the matter?

“But she didn’t do anything wrong, Sam.”

“Well, then there is one thing I can think of—but it hasn’t happened to our kind, yet.” Sam began looking slightly uneasy, and not wanting to go into this conversation right now for explanation’s sake.

Sitting straighter in his chair Jake gave him the go, “well are you going to tell me?” He didn’t mean to sound so bitter, either.
♠ ♠ ♠
Eh, three days. ;) But stuff's happeniiiing!
What is Sam going to say? Ohhh! The anticipation... damn it! *snaps*
Comments well make this go faster! xD