Status: Main; active.

No Way to Say Goodbye.

Accident Prone.

"And from the lack of my persistency...
...we're less than half as close as I want to be."


Sluggishly nodding her head, Hannah soon felt her face become overwhelmed with a blush. It was so funny and sweet what Jacob had just done. Let alone completely idiotic, however that just made her smile all the more. With her lips tingling Hannah overlapped them with a few of her fingers, lingering on the feeling for just a few moments more; before the feeling disappeared that is.

After a couple undercooked, batter filled, sloppy pancakes being shoved down her throat Hannah couldn’t eat anymore. Jacob knew she was just being nice but even he had to stop her from eating the last one. With the both of them laughing, Jacob was mighty glad his father had gone fishing with a couple guys this morning. Leaving him and Hannah alone.

After the laughter subsided, because Jacob’s eyes had overflowed with tears and Hannah’s stomach literally felt like it was being ripped from her they agreed on a nice walk. It was a peculiar day for Washington; there was some frost along the grass and earth however the sun was out giving some light instead of the usual grey clouds.

“Haven’t been here in a while,” Hannah whispered.

“I know,” Jacob agreed, thinking back to the last time they were at this beach.

The last time they were here was when he kissed Hannah. Shaking his head at himself, he let out a low laugh causing Hannah to look over at him. He explained what he was thinking about which made Hannah chuckle, too. That was such an odd day, way back when she thought Jacob was out of her league and yet here is she is months later walking down the beach claiming him as her boyfriend.

Getting all jittery, Hannah latched onto Jacob’s torso as they walked. She suddenly thought of Bethany—seeing as how she never really asked about her after he’d made it clear he wasn’t keen on doing so. However, Hannah still wanted to know more about her—for the sake of getting closer to Jacob that is. Briefly he’d explained something about an ‘imprint,’ but Hannah was still not too clear on the whole concept.

Nervously, Hannah spoke up, “hey Jake?”

“Hmm,” he cooed.

Hannah wasn’t too sure on how to bring this up. Would he get mad? She wondered, but thought it was best to just ask. What was the worst he could do, say he didn’t want to talk about it? Bucking up some more courage she then whispered, “would you tell me more about Bethany?”

Internally cringing at the subject, Hannah could feel his body freeze. She looked up at him to see his once nice smile had been replaced with a straight line. Obviously he wasn’t too avid on talking about Bethany, still. Which Hannah was alright with, but sooner or later she did want to know even if that was his past—but Bethany had just meant so much to him it was hard not to grow inquisitive.

Slowly pronouncing each word Jacob said, “what do you want to know exactly?” He gazed down at her.

“What was she like?” Hannah earnestly grinned.

Sucking in a deep breath, Jacob thought first of what to say by closing his eyes to fully remember everything. Bethany was like the air—so free, carefree. Although she hadn’t been too fond of Jacob in the beginning, she was never mean to him. Sarcastic, yes. Bethany was like jumping off a cliff—that feeling you got in midair. She was inevitably that rush. Most of all Bethany was beautiful; outside and inside. Her lips, oh he remembered what they were like. They were so full and soft. He loved when they would kiss. . .

“She was,” he hesitated. “She was… the definition of life. She was caring, and soft spoken. Very sarcastic! Beth even had this birth mark the inside of her forearm that looked like a wolf’s head—“ he laughed loudly thinking about that strange fact as they resumed walking.

“Was that why she was your true imprint?”

Snapping his head directly at Hannah he was sort of taken aback by the statement. No, that wasn’t the only reason why. It was sure ironic as hell, but that couldn’t have been a deciding factor now, could it? Or was Hannah referring to the entire description of her? So he had to clarify.

“Is what why?”

Disgruntled Hannah presumed, “because she seems to be the opposite of you.”

“Oh,” he waited for a moment before going on. “Yeah I guess you could say that she was.”

“How long were you two together before she, uh, you know?”

He wished she would have just said it. Before she died; passed away. It was unstoppable now so what was the use of beating around the bush? Honestly, they’d been together for what felt like a long time. Even if he had to work to get her to be his, she was well worth the fight even if Paul was in the mingle as well. “She passed just before you came, so it would have been two years… come my birthday.”

Hannah’s heart completely stopped. His birthday was coming up, and it was coincidental that she would ask that question and have it somewhat backfire on her. Giving him an apologetic look, he waved it off. Hannah was interested, and sooner or later she was bound to start asking about her. She just chose now, days before his birthday. It was going to be tough, Jacob had to admit.

Now even he couldn’t believe it would have been two years. She made it felt like they were so much more advanced in their relationship. That nothing was going to break them. Even if they were together technically a year and a some months (because of her death about eight months ago) it was if he’d known her from birth—that they were already an old married couple who knew each other’s deepest and treasured secrets. That they shared one heart—apart from her being his imprint and all.

“Speaking of birthdays,” Hannah was reluctant to change the subject because she wanted to know more but decided against pestering him any longer. Jacob seemed distant enough and she didn’t like it.

Shaking his head Jacob stood firm when saying, “I don’t want anything!”

“But you’re turning eighteen, you’ll be legal!”

Sensing Hannah’s attempt to change the mood around, Jacob tried as well, “and how does it feel dating an older man?” But he was still lingering.

“Thrilling,” Hannah winked sarcastically. “Seriously, Jake. Just one thing. C’mon, please?” She begged jumping in front of him, lacing their hands together with a cute little pout and big eyes.

Laughing, he sighed in submission. He was quick on his feet about this one, “you really want to know?”

“Yes.”

His smile faded as he pulled her a little bit closer to give a serious answer, “just you.”

A ping shot up and down Hannah’s body. She wasn’t entirely sure on what he was up to, thinking or the real meaning behind the words but if Jake was meaning what Hannah was thinking—then that was pretty intense. Why would he even say that when they were just talking about his destined soul mate? Wasn’t that breaking some code or rule… or something?

Even though it made Hannah happy, she still felt saddened by it. More and more questions started to rise about him and Bethany, but they would just have to wait. Besides, all she wanted was to have Jacob smile and not be this serious person all musing over his fate ordered lover. It was hard enough knowing that she wasn’t in comparison, that he probably did love her in more than the emotional and verbal way; probably physical as well.

Glaring evilly, Hannah took it upon herself to let go of his fingers and say, “I’ll make a doll then.”

“No,” he whined trying to get closer to her, he needed to at that precise moment for some reason. “I need the real thing.”

“I’m sure you’ll manage nicely,” she winked with an smirk and faced away from him.

Looking up towards the sky, he got the little joke. Hannah just kept them coming, he seemed to like this. Her wit, it was playful as well. Taking all of her in, Jacob told himself not to think about Bethany anymore today. As much as he did miss her, Hannah was official enough that it was time to move on. Sure, he could have his memories, pictures, but how could he allow himself to be healed if he didn’t let time help?

Admiringly Jake asked with a hint of desperation to know, “what are you thinking about?”

“Who—“ she spun towards him.

“Well okay then. Who are you thinking about?”

Giggling, she answered naturally, “Seth. I miss him.”

“Would you like to go see him?” Jake chuckled at her randomness.

Hugging around his body she whispered, “that would be nice.”

* * *


“Seth!” She screamed upon seeing his shirtless body, unable to contain the large smile on her face.

Eyes wide, he ran towards her too. Enveloping his arms around her he began to beam brightly. He hadn’t seen her in quite some time—nearly two weeks ago. Hannah had always been a good friend to him. Ever so patient, and tolerant. She was sweet, but she didn’t treat him like everyone else did; like he was some sort of child. He also liked Jacob for the same reason; as Seth did look up to Jake, too.

Whispering sweetly, he said, “I’ve missed you!”

“Me too,” she pulled away and scanned his body. “When did you get so… muscular Seth? Sheesh.”

Grinning towards Jacob he teased, “since I had a competition.”

Rolling her eyes, she drug him inside of Sam’s house—yet again where everyone was. She said hello to everyone, some of them saying that she looked different, that was until Embry declared she was losing weight unnecessarily. Shoving his arm hard, he laughed. He was always picking on her, and although she didn’t mind that; what she did mind was the fact that Jacob was going to question and check her over to see if she had really lost weight. Good ol’ Embry—bastard.

“You’re alive?” Paul smirked.

Looking at him she sneered playfully, “sorry to disappoint.”

“So Hannah, would you want to come and see this cool tunnel I found later on?” Seth interrupted everything so his focus was on her, like usual.

“Hell yeah dude,” she leaned forward a little. “When?”

Shrugging he suggested, “we could go now. I’ve got some time,” he smiled, which could easily be read as if he winked at her, too.

“Only if it fits into your schedule. Wouldn’t want to disrupt your work-out and all,” she got up and nudged him.

They both offered for anyone to go; no one wanted to, typical. So it was just going to be the two of them, Jacob telling her to please be careful and Seth to watch Hannah. She told him not to worry like the mother he really was, sending the guys into faint snickers. Snapping his head at them, they stopped only to resume when Jacob watched the two leave. He couldn’t believe he was letting her go… without his protection. However, there was also something telling him to just let her go as well.

After they’d left, Sam started to ask Jake how he was feeling from last night. Sam was glad to hear that he was doing better, but was not so excited to tell Jake that he spoke to some elders about what Jacob had come to him with. They confirmed that deprinting myth. But they said it was only a myth.

Shaking his head, Sam continued to talk, “it’s just weird Jacob. One imprint allowed and yours has to be the one to go? Imprints are a rarity anyway.”

“I know. Trust me,” Jake agreed but then decided to ask, “hey Sam? So with this whole deprinting ordeal, is it like imprinting?”

Shrugging, Sam wasn’t entirely sure on what he meant, “in what way?”

It took a while for Jacob to explain himself. So he tried to elaborate on the fact that he noticed Hannah seemed to ‘feed’ off his energy, much like an imprint would do. But that it was weird she had experienced the anger the day after Jacob had been angry with her. With an imprint the feeling is shared in the current moment. If Jacob were to feel sad, his imprint would too. However, with this deprinting going on all was confusing anyway.

Sam agreed that it was a weird effect, too. Guessing that it was similar to a ‘side effect,’ Jacob couldn’t do anything but oblige. Not meaning any harm in thinking this, but Jacob didn’t want to imprint again. Not that he could, but if he was to. One, he just couldn’t deal with the scariness of losing another person that meant so much to him. Two, he’d probably get so worked up in the matter that it would end up driving Hannah away by the end of it all.

* * *


Stumbling on the crumbling rocks, it was rather hard for Hannah to keep up with her buddy who was miraculously the rock climbing champion because he was a good twenty feet ahead of her. Being bent out of shape was slightly embarrassing. However, Hannah had to remind herself that these were… wolves she was comparing herself to now. Shaking her head of the still new concept, she finally caught up to Seth.

“You like?” He asked referring to the scene before them.

Taking in the rocky ledge, the uncanny feeling of familiarity, and faint memories Hannah had to do a double take at her surroundings. She had definitely been here before, and recently, too. All of a sudden, it was like she was being flushed with every single memory. She was here, it was late at night and she was with that tall blurry version of a man.

“Hannah, you alright over there?” Seth’s hand moving up and down in front of her face.

Clearing her thoughts she looked over at him with a small smile, “yes sorry. Nice view indeed.”

“Found it when… well I was sad one night and went exploring, let’s just say.” His voice was low, obviously recollecting the night when Hannah admitted she liked Jacob.

Not really in the mood to discuss this topic, Hannah nodded solemnly. Seth reciprocated by a big smile. He was trying to let it drop as well. And he would have made a good attempt too if he hadn’t gotten rid of his smile so quickly. Motioning over to the tunnel he asked if Hannah wanted to venture inside, she declined nicely. Personally she just wanted to get the hell away from this evil place. Standing in the same spot for a while longer, just soaking up the lovely view and comfortable silence between the two Seth lead the way back down.

Of course, however, Hannah just had to injure herself by sliding down some of the slippery rocks. The large boulder that stuck up had given her a nice wound along her back. Why she was so accident prone was beyond her, but it did cause her to scream. Being the gash it was, Hannah’s shirt soon became cool from the warm blood seeping into it.

Seth, being the person he is began to frantically question if she was alright and if she wanted him to carry her the rest of the way back. When she stood to her feet a minute later she promised that she’d be fine when they got back to Sam’s.

“Jake’s going to kill me,” Seth mumbled.

Laughing, but stopping abruptly Hannah questioned, “why?”

“He told me to watch out for you,” his eyes looking downwards.

Walking through the thin trail that led to Sam’s Hannah shook her head. It was he own fault that she fell. She wasn’t being careful and overestimated her stepping. Plus it wasn’t that bad, or so she thought anyways. When Sam’s place was in plain sight, Hannah had to grab onto the nearby tree for support. Seth, being right behind her saw the immense blood pool into the dirt.

Quil motioned that Hannah and Seth were back, which made Jacob stand to his feet quickly. He missed her for the hour or so she’d been gone. As he became closer to them, his overactive smelling kicked into gear. Instinctively, he looked around in search for the scent of blood and his heart quicken when his eyes met with Hannah’s saddened ones.

“Hannah. . .” Jacob cried and ran over to her and Seth. "Hannah? Look at me, please."

Head down, all she could do was groan. Trying to walk past the two boys whose hands attempted to grab onto her, Hannah made it to the steps before she had to sit down but she couldn't even do that without pain.
♠ ♠ ♠
Drama! I love it! :D
GO READ THIS STORY:
Mythical Beings & Mythical Feelings.
It's so good, and quite hilarious. :)