Status: Main; active.

No Way to Say Goodbye.

Back Pain.

Emily, being the nurturing one was rubbing some ointment on Hannah’s blood stained back which stung pretty badly. Every so often Hannah would tense up from the stinging. Paul was sitting opposite of Hannah with his arrogant smile on. Looking over at him through her hair, she mentally gave him the finger. That was until Emily told her that she would need a few stitches more towards the bottom.

Laying on this flat bed Emily tried to shove all the guys out, but how could they leave at a time like this? This was going to be so cool looking. However, Jake didn’t find it too appealing. He stayed at Hannah’s head, holding onto her hands. Emily made sure to be careful and gentle but she had to pull snugly so that way the stitches would do their job.

Jake’s eyes were somewhat mesmerized by the slick needle going in and coming out of Hannah’s skin. The way her skin was so easily pierced; being forced back together by some string that tightly reconnected the organ.

“Shit,” Hannah groaned squeezing Jacob’s hands tighter.

“I’m sorry Hannah, just one more,” Emily’s soft tone announced.

Jacob lifted her up carefully and led her over to Emily and Sam’s’ spare bedroom. She was just going to have to stay here for a while until the ointment soaked in, which meant she’d be here for a good couple hours. Emily, rummaging through her closet and dresser pulled out some baggy sweats and a plain white tee-shirt where she ripped the back so the top and bottom tied. Thus allowing the scar and stitches to get some air for a bit.

On her stomach staring at a beautiful Jacob, Hannah found herself to be in complete bliss. Their eye contact had been held ever since he’d joined her on the full sized bed. His eyes wouldn’t break either. He was going to watch over her and make sure she didn’t accidentally flip over, or touch it which she had tried to do on several occasions.

“It hurts,” she mumbled sadly as her eyes became drowsy.

Carefully and gently moving the hair from her face, Jake allowed a shallow laugh to be heard. He looked over her pained face before whispering that she should just go to sleep. He kissed each of her eyes shut, before softly trickling his fingers on the edge of her exposed back underneath the blanket. She tried to scoot closer to him. She was cold; Jacob however moved closer to her so some of his heat could radiate to her.

“Hey Jake,” she mumbled once more.

“Hmm?” He rubbed her hair.

Before talking, she opened her eyes, “will I be able to ever see you in your wolf form?”

Stricken by that question, his hand stopped on the back of her head and pushed hers against his. He lightly kissed the bridge of her nose before answering calmly, “why do you ask?”

“I’ve just wanted to ask since the incident,” she whispered with a smile before sleep took her.

Looking at Hannah during her slumber, he still had the same question residing in his mind. But he would just have to ask later. He wasn’t in the mood to keep bugging her, especially when she needed to sleep. She looked so peaceful, too. All Jacob wanted to do was rub the back of his hand along her cheek, know that she was really right there with him. When he finally did it he smiled. The moment he touched her warmer cheek his insides became even hotter is that was possible.

* * *


Waking up to the beginning of darkness, Hannah was quite sad to realize she was by herself. Trying to get up by herself, and failing greatly she was lucky when Paul had walked by and checked in on her. Wrapping one of her arms across his shoulders and gently pivoting correctly throughout the house he had to remain calm when Jake burst out, “what the hell are you doing?”

Feeling his blood get steamy, he set Hannah down on her feet before barking out, “she was awake asshole.”

Nodding she explained, “I was awake and wanted to get up Jake, it’s okay.”

Settling down and walking over to his girlfriend Jake kept his scowl on just for Paul who rolled his eyes and violently munched on some food. Walking to her backside, and seeing that one of the stitches had reopened, Hannah soon whimpered at his rough handed touch. It was going to suck having to redo another stitch on a stitch. Making her way over to that flat board like she was a zombie, Emily chuckled more in sorrow and followed bringing along the little kit. Hannah told Jacob to finish eating, however that didn’t stop him from leaning up to peer into the living room just to check up on her.

Once Emily was finished Hannah found it easier if she just laid there. A tear soon came out because as much as she was trying to not show just how much pain she was in, it caught up with her. Shaking her feet as a distraction she heard movement come beside her.

“Hey,” Seth’s voice was melancholy.

“Hey bubba, what ya eating?”

Explaining what he was snacking on he saw her nod, “I’m really sorry about this Hannah, I was just so scared.”

“It’s not your fault Seth, I’m clumsy sometimes. Now help me up will ya, I’m sort of hungry.”

Jacob already on edge, bit down hard on his bottom lip seeing Seth walk with Hannah. Sitting beside Sam he felt his hand grasp his shoulder. Sam had a gentle smile on telling him to calm down and that he was right there if anything happened.

Slowly sitting in her normal spot—in the middle of Paul and Seth—Hannah grabbed some food and chewed it carefully every so often looking up and at her boyfriend smiling lovingly. Sadly, he couldn’t do the same. He was smiling, sure. It was a nervous smile, though.

Sam, after some hard convincing and all for Jacob finally got Hannah’s grandparents’ permission that she stay here and that they should come in the morning to come get her. Sam told them that Emily would take very good care of her, which they knew and trusted but Maggie couldn’t help but worry. It would be weird not having Hannah there in the morning, but allowed it under the circumstances that neither of them really wanted to drive over there late at night, being older and all. Hannah would be well taken care of anyway, Addison assured his wife when she had told him.

Once again laying in the bed, Jacob couldn’t decide if he should stay or go. He was ninety nine percent sure of staying, but that one percent of wanting Hannah to get some sleep was making him be on the fence. However, him staying had won because if Hannah had to get up, or move she would have a hard time doing so. Plus, he really didn’t want a repeat of what happened earlier. If Hannah needed help it was going to be Jacob who helped her. Not Paul.

Bitterly thinking of the many situations; Paul carrying her down and her smiling up at him, as they laughed, or Hannah wanting Paul to help her instead of Jake because he’d been there in the first place and hadn’t left her, Jacob moved as close to Hannah as humanly possible. Smiling, he was happy about one thing. He was basking in the fact that it was him with her instead of Paul, and that alone made sleep come easily as he buried his face next to Hannah’s.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry, this chapter sucks. :(
Heads up though; NEXT chapter will be in Jacob's POV.
I have it written out; and it's long to make up for this one.
Love you all, my fabulous readers! :D