Status: Main; active.

No Way to Say Goodbye.

It Happened Again.

“Knock it off guys,” Hannah pushed Jacob aside, or at least she tried to.

“Not until he leaves will I move,” Jacob stood defensively.

Rubbing her temples Hannah stood in the front of him and gave him the hardest shove manageable. Looking down at her, he whined like a puppy would and rolled his eyes before retreating farther into the house. Peering around a corner so that way his sonic hearing came into effect, Jacob felt himself grow very envious at the way Edward was treating Hannah… his girlfriend. His nails dug deeply into his palms from frustration. Every muscle was growing rigid. This was just not right. But then again, Hannah must not have known Edward to be a… vampire either.

His calf muscles started to cramp from the force he was putting on them so he would stay grounded. How dare that filthy creature even lay eyes on Hannah, how dare he! Also, it irritated Jacob to no end to see Edward’s gruesome eyes roam all over her body. She wasn’t some toy he could just stare at and wish he had. She was labeled Jacob’s and his only, damn it.

All of a sudden Jacob felt his chest burst, as he practically jumped over to where Hannah was and snatched her whole self under him before growling annoyed, “keep your hands off her.”

“Jacob, what the hell is wrong with you?” Hannah barked, even though she was slightly glad.

“He isn’t happy that I hugged you,” Edward laughed loudly amused at reading his current thought.

Shaking her head and demanding prominently to be released, Hannah walked inside to but the folder down on the table. However, while she was gone what Edward had said next have bone chilling tingles throughout Jacob’s body and it took a lot to make that happen since he was constantly warm.

“Her parents warned me about you.”

As soon as he came, Edward had disappeared. Frozen like a block of ice, Jacob’s entire body became limp. He even had to give his head a few good shakes in order to make sure he heard correctly. Hannah’s parents? How did he know them? Plus, what was even going on anymore? All Jacob knew was that Edward was not to associate himself with Hannah, not at school, no more bringing over her homework, nothing.

Stomping over towards him Hannah stopped her rage and tilted her head towards the side before asking gently, “Jake?”

Pivoting to face her, shutting the door in the process he began his stride. Rubbing her arms at the awkwardness, Hannah decided to leave well alone. If Jacob wanted to tell her what had happened then he would; if not then she would be alright with that, especially from the look on his face.

Playing with his fingers, Hannah measured hers to his. There was definitely a significant difference; Hannah’s adorableness causing Jacob to laugh and topple his fingers over hers in the process, he turned and faced Hannah and began to lean on an elbow. They were upstairs once again. Her grandparents had come home, so they migrated after they thought Jacob had left. So there they were trying to be sneaky.

The more he kept his gaze on Hannah, the more Jacob thought about what Edward had said. What did he mean exactly? There was no way Edward could know Hannah’s parents, was there? Besides, Jacob wasn’t on bad terms with Edward. Bitter, yes. Nevertheless there was just something not right about him. Something kept itching and scratching in the back of Jacob’s head but he could place a finger—paw—on it.

“You tired at all?” He asked whispering near her ear.

Shaking her head from side to side Hannah yawned, “not yet.”

“Yeah because that yawn didn’t give you away or anything,” he chuckled before finishing his sentence. “Close your eyes,” he mumbled huskily.

Shuttering under the blankets Hannah turned her head to face Jacob, “I can’t. I’m… scared.”

“But I’m right here,” Jacob gave a concerned laugh.

Sitting up, Hannah looked back at Jacob who remained positioned. Feeling the shutters to be frequent, she grabbed the little throw from the edge of her bed and wrapped herself inside before sitting criss cross and facing Jacob. Hesitantly, she explained that when she went with Seth to his tunnel that she had this weird feeling come over her… that she’d definitely been there before. And that whenever Edward comes into her mind, she replays that one night when Jake and Paul came over to apologize for Jacob ditching her. Gaining the courage to show Jacob the newer scar on her abdomen she let her shirt fall at how wide his eyes had gotten.

Reaching out for her, Jacob asked curiously not remembering, “you have two now?”

“Yep. I woke up one morning with this one,” she pointed although she had some pants on.

Deciding not to freak her out even more, Jacob bit his tongue on telling her what Edward had said. All he wanted was for her to be calm and under his wing, so when they finally linked hands he yanked her towards him and back into her spot: right next to him. Even Jacob shuttered from thinking about Hannah’s encounters. Things were definitely going to change, now! So he told her to trust him when he said to keep a safe distance away from Edward, without making it noticeable, if she was able to. Nodding into his neck area she yawned once more before snuggling closer; feeling at ease and able to close her eyes, Hannah was soon fast asleep.

Reaching over to turn the lamp off, Jacob smiled. He would get used to this. Turning the TV a few notches higher, he pulled Hannah’s lightly loud breathing more to him. It was like they were being sewn together as one with the out of stock space not between them. Jacob became very pleased, within seconds.

* * *


No accidents. No fights. Nothing bad at all for a good month, and Hannah couldn’t have been happier. It was Valentine’s day; her and Jacob were going to try and go into town again. Feeling nervous as she got ready that surprisingly lucky Friday night, Hannah smoothed her dress a few times and slipped on her shoes. She wasn’t really into heels, so her flats would do nicely anyway. Gliding gracefully down that stairs like it were a day job, Hannah twirled a curl around her index finger and walked into the dining room where her grandparents were playing Pinochle with a few people she hadn’t met before.

Hannah must have thought too soon about nothing going wrong because right there facing her was that guy from the tree place. Royce. Sometimes her luck just hated Hannah. Walking over to her grandmother hands behind her back, Hannah grumbled what all these people were doing here.

“Why, these are the new guys that are working for your grandfather. They just started,” she whispered and then picked up a card.

Twitching an eye, Hannah laughed nervously and made a fast exit to the living room. Here she was looking all nice and these guys were probably laughing on the inside thinking: who gets that dressed up? But before she could sit down, before she could make her escape he just had to stop her.

“What a coincidence,” he gave a low rumble.

“Lucky me,” she replied sarcastically.

Snorting, Royce came to lean sexily on the door frame separating the living room from the kitchen, “oh no Hannah. Lucky me.”

Unaware of what to say she nodded a couple times and tried to recoil upstairs to her safe haven. Except that wouldn’t be so easy, not with Royce and his fifty questions. Groaning internally, Hannah stopped at the second stair and turned to the right to face him. She didn’t know why she was irritated with him, but there was an discomfort to him she didn’t like very much. With a thin line for her lips, Hannah spat, “why you? Wait, wait. Spare me the excruciatingly painful pick-up lines. I’m not in the mood.”

Where that came from though, she wasn’t sure. Maybe it was in preparation that she was going upstairs to get ready to crawl into bed from being ditched once again or because she didn’t want to be down here any longer, but all Hannah recalled was wanting to be away from Royce and his charmingly addicting smile, and cute face as he stood there with his arms folded, careful eyes watching her every move.

“Got a hot date?”

“Yeah,” she said like he was incompetent. “With my boyfriend.”

Unfazed by her abruptness Royce shrugged it off, “cool.”

This was why girls liked the assholes, or this was why they were with them. They made you want more, because Hannah retraced her footsteps back over to Royce and literally stood a foot away from him before staring at him. Cool? She thought. That was all he had to say? He shouldn’t have said anything at all.

Getting lost in conversation, Hannah was unclear that they’d been talking for the past thirty minutes. Jacob was late once again. Of course. Looking at her phone, with no missed calls or messages, she groaned loudly.

“Not coming is he?”

“Nope,” she said shortly knowing that he wouldn’t.

Wringing his hands nervously, Royce looked over at her and smiled. She was looking pretty tonight and what a shame it would be if someguyone didn’t enjoy her beauty when she obviously tried so hard to look her best; it being Valentine’s day after all.

“I’ll take you out if you want,” he offered kindly.

What should I say to this? Hannah thought, biting uncertainly on her bottom lip. Was this alright to do? Would Jacob get mad… hell how would he even find out?
♠ ♠ ♠
Six days later, sorry.
Well... what'd you think of Edward's comment?! :)
And Royce coming back?
Think she should go with him?
LET ME KNOW!! :)