Status: Main; active.

No Way to Say Goodbye.

Star Gazing.

“Stop!” She yelled bitterly. “I don’t want a damn hug right now, besides you’re fucking freezing.”

Shocked by her language Jacob retorted, “no Hannah. Not until you let me explain. Please, just let me finish. Please Hannah, come on.”

“Sh-shit,” she curled her fingers in fury. “What is going on that is so important Jake?”

“I’ve imprinted on you, Hannah. There will be no one else. Just you, you’ve changed me,” he scuffed the pathway with his shoes. “Does that make sense now?”

Shaking her head, she looked down from embarrassment. She didn’t get all of this. So he gripped her shoulders and laid it out in black and white. The universe or his ancestors had given him a second chance to love someone again, so they made him go through the suffering of deprinting which consequently made his anger lash out much more but after passing the ‘test’ of deprinting, and going through all those confusing times Jake had been given a ray of sunshine through the dark clouds.

He imprinted on Hannah, and he could see the streak of happiness flash through her guilty eyes like a shooting star. He lifted up her chin and went on to elaborate that he was so cold because of his malfunction. It was as if his system was resetting itself. He would slowly get warmer. Even though Hannah’s face read confusion still, Jake chuckled because he admitted to being mystified as well.

She cried, “you have? Wait, so what happens to Bethany?”

“She remains a memory. I’m over her Hannah. I’ve come to terms that she is gone, and that I need someone else,” he straightened his form and looked down at her. “I’m sorry,” he puckered his lips in an apologetic way.

Unaware of what to say, to do, to think, Hannah being the person that she is jumped on top of him making him stagger back but regain balance. Squeezing her closer to him he kissed her temple for a long while. Rushing her hands through his icy hair, her arms found themselves around his neck once more. Smiling to herself, and thankful Jake couldn’t see it, she let a tear plummet. It wasn’t necessarily a sad tear, but more of a happy one. Although her and Jake had been “official” no more than almost two months, she couldn’t help the fact that she wanted very badly to tell him she felt the same as he did.

However, a knot seemed to constrict her throat. She felt like the Little Mermaid when she lost her voice as she touches her throat. Forcing her way down from his grasp, Hannah gave him a little shove. Damn mutt. There was no way she could actually stay mad at him and that was something that upset her. He would be able to get out of everything when he was in trouble.

As she snuggled into his body, Jacob soon became swept over with the heaviness emotion of protection. The one thing that crossed his mind was Paul. Would he try to take Hannah away from him? Would he actually succeed this time? However, if that is what Hannah wanted, Jake would just have to be okay with that now wouldn’t he. He felt like crying, but the manliness exterior forbid it while he was in the company of Hannah. She would probably make a joke out of it—maybe that was what he needed, to fool around and joke instead of being so strict.

“Let’s do something,” Jacob cupped her face, squeezing it so Hannah looked like she was a chubby five year old. “I don’t care how late it is. Even if it’s just sitting in my car and talking. I want to be with you right now. I need to—“ he was cut off by Hannah’s hand covering his mouth.

“I’ll go get my jacket,” she smiled and jogged up the steps of her home, soon shutting the door and lacing his hand in hers as they walked to her truck.

Blasting the heat, Hannah drove off in the direction of Jacob’s. On occasion he would grip her hand in his and rub it against his lips. Giggling from the gesture, Hannah would pull her hand away and blush heavily. Sometimes Jacob was so corny, but Hannah couldn’t do anything but love it. Thinking about it, that was what made Jacob different than Jeremy. He actually took the time to be cheesy.

Before Jake hopped out of Hannah’s truck, she whistled for him to return. Leaning in, she motioned for him to come closer with her index finger. Pecking his lips lightly, he tried to deepen it, but she shoved him off and told him to go change. Upon his return, no more than three minutes later he emerged in some baggy sweats and a tight black shirt that rippled his muscles like the ocean waves with a mountain of blankets. Getting giddy from her hot boyfriend, she began to fan herself when he got into the truck.

“What?” He asked, shutting the door.

“You’re so… sexy,” she whispered slowly, raising a seductive eyebrow.

Rolling his eyes at the obviousness, he chuckled, “just drive.” As he leaned back into the seat, he gripped her thigh and said, “it’s nice seeing my girl drive for once.”

Smacking his hand, but actually missing and hitting her leg Hannah shot him a quick glare before bursting out her pent up laughter. Laughing at hers, Jacob sat up and began to stare at his girlfriend is amazement. How he ended up with a girl such as Hannah was simply unexplainable anymore.

“Where are you kidnapping me too?” Hannah asked, driving on the bumpy road.

“Me, kidnap? You’re the driver.”

“But I have no clue where we’re headed too, dork,” she tapped his cheek playfully.

Tilting his head straight ahead, he whispered mostly to himself but loud enough so Hannah could hear, “oh, you’ll see.”

* * *


The scene before her was breathtaking. Now she knew why he had gotten so many blankets. They had laid some down on the bed of her truck and snuggled under some as well while looking at the clear star filled sky. Feeling uncomfortable in her attire, Jacob reached to the side of him and tossed her some of his smaller sweat pants.

It was pretty hard to change underneath the blanket, especially when Jacob insisted that he help her do it. Trying to shoo him away, and failing miserably they came to the deal. Jacob could either take off her pants or put the sweat pants on. Pondering on which one could lead to something more, he decided that he would put on the sweat pants that way he could wander his hands up her body more casually.

And that is what he did. Laughing loudly from the purposeful tickling session he was giving her, Hannah managed to wiggle far enough away, out and away from the blanket too. Getting to her knees, she opened the window from the back of her truck and grabbed a handy shirt she had back there.

“No looking,” she warned teasingly.

“Hannah, I’m a guy. That’s like telling me I can’t kiss you whenever I want,” he mocked.

Peeling off her shirt, she was rather surprised when she felt a warm hand mark it’s place on her back. Jacob wasn’t cold anymore, which meant she could cuddle closer and remain warm. Throwing on her bigger shirt she pounced on top of Jake, which made him grunt. Lifting the covers and pushing Hannah back inside he enveloped his arms around her and glued them together. Kissing the top of her hair, he felt Hannah grab his hand like she had done back when she hurt her back.

Even if this was the way they would spend time together then this would suffice enough for Jacob. Just being with Hannah, wafting in her scent and being able to make his heart not crumble from glum was the best medicine he could think of. She had some way of making him feel extraordinarily loved. Particularly when Hannah’s lips met with his for a brief moment, it was like Jacob could once again feel that light headedness return. That familiar feeling of bliss.

“Mmm,” Jacob grumbled. “Why do you stop when it gets good?”

“Because I know how much it tortures you,” she nestled her face into the alcove of his neck. “It’s funny for me.”

As they sat there and talked about Hannah’s birthday coming up on March 20th, exactly a month and six days… according to Hannah, Jacob declared that Hannah’s gift would be an awesome kissing therapy. He concluded that she was going to have a real make out session with him and as they laid there in the bed of her truck, Jacob informed little Miss Hannah couldn’t keep her chops off of Jacob during New Years.

Blushing intently, Hannah gushed, “well, I wanted to make it special.”

“Indeed,” he said in a certain tone that made Hannah nudge him. “Hey, I’m complimenting you Hans.”

“Hans?” She snickered jokingly.

“Yes! It’s my nickname for you!”

“I liked sweetheart a lot better.”

“I was angry, being an ass.”

“I like that Jacob, he’s feisty. Meow.”

“I can be feisty. Woof. See?”

Hannah explained that although he was a wolf that it wasn’t an excuse for a lame “wolf whistle.” See, this was something that Hannah pointed out as what made Jake, Jacob Black to her. He could say the silliest things and get away with it because he was so gosh darn adorable. Or because it just worked for him. None of the other guys would have been able to get away with it and look smoking hot as well.

* * *


It was making her gut clench. This idea of theirs. It was causing her body to tingle from bending the rules. It was making her smile uncontrollably, too. Hannah was going to sneak Jacob up into her room. Her grandparents room was on the other side of the house, so that was a bonus. Besides, after the nice night they just had, there was no way Hannah was going to end it now. Not after what Jacob told her, too. He’d been so gracious as to tell Hannah a little bit of what it feels like to be the imprinter and the imprinted on. When Hannah isn’t in Jacob’s arms, or touching his body his heart feels like it is dark and hollow because he misses her that much and needs her to be beside him. However he can subdue the ache for a while as he does get used to it.

As for the imprinted on, they will generally show some of the same feelings, but it does take a while. Beaming maliciously Jacob continued on in saying that Hannah would soon come to miss him as much as he did her because she would feel what he did and be able to sympathize for his feelings.

Safe and sound in her bedroom, Hannah turned out all the light except for a little plug in one she used for when she woke up at night, and got under her nice thick comforter. Facing Jacob who was laying flat on his back, Hannah linked her hand with his before leaning up to kiss his mouth. Not wanting to be disappointed, Jacob tried not to get too into it. Fluttering his eyes shut, Jacob’s lips formed into a content smile. Now being in the sweet aroma of Hannah’s room and being able to know she is safe, Jacob tugged her sleepily limp body as tight as he could to his before falling into a peaceful slumber himself.

He’d just slip out her window if he needed to in the morning.
♠ ♠ ♠
See, much longer! :)
Did you like that they made up or noo?
Check this story out please: The Only Exception by: xxblackxx. She really works hard, and deserves credit! :)