Status: Main; active.

No Way to Say Goodbye.

Friendly Encounter.

“Hannah,” a voice cooed. “It’s breakfast time.”

“Hmm?” She groggily mumbled and sat up. She looked at her cell phone that laid on the coffee table to see that it was thankfully ten fifteen. Dragging her feet to the dining room table, she slapped two waffles onto her plate and lathered them up with butter and syrup. With a huge piece in her mouth, she moaned at the sweet buttermilk taste it enticed in her mouth. The warm syrup drizzled down her throat like molasses before she took a gulp of some milk.

“Hannah?”

“Yes Gramps?”

“Your grandmother and I have to finish the front yard today, so please feel free to take the car today,” Addison smiled, folding the newspaper neatly on the table.

Astounded, she thanked him gratefully. After she finished eating she kissed his cheek and ran up the stairs to her room where she pulled out an outfit for the day, her shower items, and raced to the bathroom. The bathroom was a lot better than her old room. It was a forest green, almost a tint of black hidden within. There was a jet tub big enough for three people, and the shower was incredible. It had two shower heads. One was a standard one and the other was like rain drops falling. It was as big around as a basketball and it hung directly above Hannah’s head.

“Mmm, you smell mighty fine Miss Hannah!” Maggie hugged her granddaughter.

“It’s this vanilla bean stuff, I really like it.” Hannah smiled.

“Well, keys are on the table by the door. Have fun,” Hannah’s grandmother winked. Only if Hannah knew.

“Thanks, and it’s right after that big sign, right?” Hannah asked nervously.

Nodding absentmindedly Maggie replied, “Yes dear. There is no way to miss it. It is down a stretch, but once you see the house, you’ll know it’s Billy’s.”

Hannah smiled apprehensively, and grabbed her ID case, cell phone, and the keys to her grandparents’ newest addition; a brand new Chevy truck; for her grandfather’s wood business. Climbing into the monster, it purred to life and Hannah was on her way. Supposedly it would take some time getting there, so she turned on the radio and jammed to the song.

By the time she reached the big fish sign, it was 11:45. Gently driving down the mud, Hannah stopped next to a tree, yards from the home. She hopped out, and smiled because her grandmother was right. Hannah hadn’t known Bill except for a day yet she was able to see the characteristics of his house that compared to Bill himself.

Knocking on the wood screen, Hannah fidgeted her hands anxiously. It was uncommon to go to a man’s house all by herself, even if her grandparents trusted this man dearly. From the distance, there was a squeak and she saw Billy submerge into the light with a apologetic look on his face. “Oh Hannah, so glad you come make it.”

“Yeah, thank-you Mr. Black,” She waited outside.

“Oh,” He opened the screen door. “I’ve made a mistake, my son and his friends are at Sam’s house. I’ve let him know you’ll be arriving.” He wheeled closer to Hannah, and then pointed towards the trees. “You see that trail, follow it for a minute and it’s the house on the other side.” His smile widened.

“Uh,” Hannah tried to protest when Billy shook his head.

“I promise you’ll be fine. It looks scarier on the outside, trust me.” He gave her a little shove.

Man, people sure are different here. Hannah thought as she trudged through the much needed to be cut grass. The rain from the night before made the grass smell so fresh under Hannah’s footsteps.

As Mr. Black watched Hannah disappear, he knew what he was talking about. He knew that Jacob and his pack would be watching her from inside the woods. Billy knew that much. Plus he’d explained what Hannah looked like to Sam, so he’d recognize her instantly.

The moment, Hannah cracked a branch, birds began to fly and she twirled in numerous circles. Why she was hyperventilating she had no recollection, but she felt like eyes were watching her. In which they were but only from a distance were the many eyes watching her every move. She saw a squirrel scurry along past her and stop just ahead of her. Tilting her head in anticipation of knowing squirrels to be slightly evil, she hurried along.

Oh? Is that her Sam? Paul asked, growling, obviously pleased.

Yes, that’s her. He talked back, both in their wolf forms.

What’s going on guys? Seth joined the telepathy.

Jacob’s father sent a girl to meet us. Embry informed him.

She smells nice, too. Paul added.

Sam growled, from annoyance and moved along the brush closer to his house. He knew that Jacob was listening in on this, of course he had too but luckily his thoughts couldn’t be heard, that was until Sam saw Embry and Jacob on the other side of the trail.

Man, I wish my dad would set me up. You’re right Seth, she smells amazing. Embry whined.

Come on guys, enough hassling. Let’s go. Sam growled sternly swooshing past the trees in a flurried blur. His pack followed him, except for Seth. He was curious as to why his senses were acting in such a weird way.

Unknowingly, Hannah was concentrating on her feet when she heard and felt a gush of hot breath engulf her body. Feeling her heartbeat rapidly, she slowly turned and saw something she’d only ever dreamed could happen to anyone. Seth’s soft wolf eyes locked with her frantic ones.

“Nice wolf,” Hannah stammered. “Pretty wolf.”

Knowing that the pack was still in wolf form for a little while longer Seth thought, she just called my pretty.

Seth! Everyone seemed to panic in unison.

Don’t scare her. Sam grumbled, his paws backtracking to where he’d last left Seth.

Great. Now Jacob will never get her. Leah sarcastically thought as she waited at the edge of the forest. She wasn’t going to join on the fun, she’d stay a wolf until she had to go home tonight. Plus, along with the jealously that she felt she had to compete with Hannah, she was in no mood to see all her pack members swoon over her. She wasn’t even that pretty, to Leah anyway.

Shut-up, Leah. Jacob bared his teeth.

All Hannah could do was feel her feel become more and more glued to the soil beneath her. Seth moved closer, but Hannah couldn’t bring herself to run away. What if the wolf chased her? She’d lose in a heartbeat. All of a sudden the wolf whimpered, and climbed up the hill to the right of Hannah. She could see him alongside a black one and a really pretty reddish brown one, whose eyes seemed to penetrate her own.

“Hey!” A friendly voice called out.

One of Hannah’s eyes began to twitch, “Oh gosh! Hello.”

“It’s alright, the wolves here seem to be pretty friendly. I’m Sam, Billy told me you’d be coming.” He smiled and his arm appeared.

Chuckling nervously at the buff man in front of her Hannah met his hand and shook it lightly, “I’m Hannah.”

“My house is right past this bush,” He lead the way.

Hannah turned behind her once again, making sure that there was nothing behind her. And when she looked in the shrubbery, only the reddish brown wolf remained. His eyes watching her every move. She thought about waving to the wolf, but thought it silly. She was almost about to wet herself from her encounter seconds before. What would make her want to wave to this wolf that kept his gaze one hundred percent focused?
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you like it so far.
I'm having fun writing this!
:) Let me know what ya think...
Thanks,
--Sam!