Status: Main; active.

No Way to Say Goodbye.

The Pier.

“Oh Miss Hannah Rae,” her grandmother sang as she tip toed into the living room.

Chuckling, mainly from her thoughts about yesterday Hannah replied, “Yeah Gram?”

“How was your day with the boys?”

Pondering on how she should answer, Hannah came to a quick conclusion that she had a very good day. She felt welcomed by them. Not afraid, however she was still intimidated. They all had this weird thing between one another that she couldn’t quite put her finger on. Plus, she didn’t particularly like them all saying she was out of Jacob’s league. Quite frankly, Hannahknew thought the exact opposite. The way his glistening sienna skin came about his muscular frame, no his chiseled body. Or how there was something more defined in his eyes. Something that pulled her to them every time she looked at him.

Even more than his appealing figure, his eyes had many emotions. Hannah for some reason, even though it was preposterous, thought they had that same spark as that reddish brown wolf’s. But that couldn’t ever happen, that was an animal. Jacob was a person. “Great Gram-cracker, thanks for letting me go.” Hannah hugged her fragile grandmother before going up to her room to get ready for today’s excitement.

Looking in her room at all the clutter Hannah pushed about her bed, dresser and suitcases until she found another suitcase labeled clothing. Rummaging around it for a minute or so, she landed on the perfect swim suit; her multi-colored one. Smiling to herself, Hannah scurried to the bathroom and proceeded to change—hastily. When she finished she folded up a towel, and slide into some white swim trunks.

Looking up from her magazine, Maggie’s face lit up, “And where are you off to?”

“Oh gosh, sorry Gram. Would it be alright if I went to some pier with Jacob?” Hannah smiled backtracking her steps to the dining room.

“Of course, get some water on the way though.” Maggie winked to herself. “Oh, and tell ‘em boys that I’m making lasagna tonight. It’s one of their favorite!”

Scratching her head Hannah gave her grandmother an odd look. She remembered them saying she made great food, but Hannah wasn’t aware that her grandmother did this like it was a common thing. Maybe every once in a while, but Hannah soon wiped the feeling away and replaced it with joy. She’d be able to see more of them anyway. “Oh, okay Grams.”

Quickly, Hannah grabbed her belongings and sprinted for the truck. Her grandfather was skinning a piece of wood, and gave a small wave as she reversed out of the gravel. Hannah remembered to grab some water so she stopped at a little market. It was very busy, but she wasn’t in any hurry. She soon placed the Fuji water on the counter and held out a ten to the coy looking boy behind the cash register.

“Thanks,” She smiled and returned to the truck.

As she drove by, she could see tons of people splashing in the water, on a sail boat, water skiing, and jumping from the pier. Deciding that she best park in a spot that wasn’t so crowded, she grabbed her water and made a gateway for the pier, at least half a mile away. Stopping to take off her sandals, Hannah felt a shadow tower over her. Worried, she looked up to see a smiling recognizable face.

“Hey, Paul, right?”

“That’s right,” He smiled. “I’m glad you could come!”

“Thanks, Jacob invited me.” She admitted honestly.

“Of course,” He muttered but she heard. “Wanna race? I’ll even carry all your stuff!” He egged on.

He looked awfully tempting, Hannah thought. She was more than positive that he would beat her, but her basketball legs would have to get in some use at sometime right? So, in a teasing manner, Hannah placed her belongings hard among Paul’s arms. She gave a playful raised eyebrow, which wasn’t meant to be overlooked; it was natural for her eyebrows to do that. “You’re on!”

“Go ahead, get a good head start, Hannah!” He gave a smirk.

Taking his word, she began to run and when she could have sworn she was halfway there she began to slow down. Thinking that he was just pushing her buttons. But was she sure wrong. He ended up beating her by a long shot. Nicely placing her things by his, Paul held out his hand and waited for her small panting frame to take it. Leaning her palms on her knees, the gang came closer to Hannah’s panting, rib showing self.

“Damn Paul, poor girl can’t even breathe!” A new face said.

“I have that effect,” Paul licked his bottom lip humorously.

“I w-would have b-beat him, s-sooner or l-later!” Hannah tried to laugh.

Paul gave a loud laugh before saying, “Sure thing. Want to go swimming Hannah?”

“Give me a second to bre—“ She was cut off by Paul’s arms throwing her over his back.

Everyone else was already in the water, except for Paul and a new face that kindly introduced himself as Collin. Trying to shake his hand, Hannah soon realized that Paul was just going to throw her over the edge of the pier into the water where Sam, Embry, Jacob, Seth and two other bodies waited.

It happened all too fast, first Hannah attempting at catching her breathe, but the air was literally sucked right out of her from the soft scream she gave until her body plummeted into the cold water. Breaking to the surface, Hannah’s hair mangled across her face. Laughter was then heard when she went under to smooth it. Glaring at the guys in front of her, she tried to catch that breathe she knew she was never going to get.

“How’s it going Hannah?” Sam asked.

“G-good!” She hitched for some water entered her mouth.

“You run pretty fast,” Seth clapped with the water.

“You guys saw that?” Hannah’s cheeks became hot even against the cool water.

Jacob smiled, Sam laughed. “Of course we did, I mean, it’s right there.” Seth pointed to the clear area.

“Personally, I think you would’ve beat Paul if it weren’t Paul,” Jacob gave a lighthearted laugh.

“And that wouldn’t have made any sense even if that did make sense,” Hannah laughed slightly mocking Jacob.

When Paul and Collin jumped in, Hannah looked around at the nine guys surrounding her. She wasn’t sure on who to look at first, or where to look because she knew they were all thinking along the same lines as she was, that was until Hannah broke the laughing by seriously asking, “There is more of you?”

Throwing their heads back, all the answer they gave her was the sound of chuckling. She was used to Sam, Paul, Jacob, Seth, Embry and Collin who was newly introduced. But then Sam introduced Quil, Jared and Brady. Rolling her eyes to get caught up, Hannah mentally repeated all the names and tried her best to memorize the faces. This was surely going to take a while.

All of the gang members looked at each other, for they knew their hidden secret as to why Paul had beaten Hannah. But if Paul wasn’t a wolf, Hannah would have taken him by storm. That was what Jacob had thought anyway. Also, they snickered knowing what Hannah was thinking. She saw most of their ‘pack’ but in all actuality, there was the “pack,” and then the ones who were the “puppies.” Collin, Brady, and Seth were the younger ones.

“So, are you going to school in La Push?” Quil, or so Hannah remembered him as, smiled.

“No, I am going to Forks High, do you all go to school in La Push?” Hannah asked as they all reached the soft sand.

“Yep, except Sam, Paul and Jared. They’ve graduated.” Jacob explained taking the rare spot next to Hannah. Rare, being that even when the boys weren’t in wolf form some of their thoughts could still be read. They were fuzzy, but it was still safer in human form.

Seth had hastily taken Hannah’s right side, he really seemed to like her. She was very pretty to him, and not just because she was pretty did he like her. She always smelled so good. Plus, Seth was so accustomed to the loudness of his friends that whenever Hannah spoke, it was a whisper. Seth’s wolf ears were more sensitive than his fellow friends.

“Oh,” Hannah shot straight up, causing Seth to growl.

“Seth!” Sam shot at him. “Calm down.”

“I’m sorry!” Hannah gave a sympathetic look. “I was just going to say that my grandmother is making—“

“Lasagna!” Paul shouted.

“Yeah,” Hannah giggled.

Jacob looked at his beneficiary pack members; them all thinking the same thing. They had spent at least three hours here, and stomachs were grumbling loudly. They were all excited to go, except Hannah was unsure if Gram knew that she would be making dinner for a football team. Of course she did though, they all seemed to know about her food, so Hannah quickly detracted that thought from her mind.
♠ ♠ ♠
:)
Comments are lovely!